PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the game in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled up a couple of singles, but the only options were mail delivery, not ticketfast. I couldn't do mail delivery because I don't have a SoCal address (although my CC did, for today at least).

The ticket I pulled up were really good and really expensive -- club seats at at the 30, $250 each.

Oh shoot! You could have had it sent to me (or anyone else you know in SoCal). Oh well

Incidentally, after going down, the sale page is back up on TM, which usually means that there were cancelations or that tickets will trickle out. For those with a SoCal address that matches a credit card, keep trying. My guess is there will be sporadic ticket drops during the day.

I can't believe it but I actually got a ticket from ticketmaster. My first attempt went thru then the whole thing crashed and I lost it. I was bs. Then I figured what the hell about five minutes later, somehow I got a ticket. Didn't even look where the seat was, just wanted to make sure I secured it. Finally got everything done, pulled up the stadium map to find out it's a field level seat 11 rows in back of the Pats bench. I am still in shock. I've never had any luck with ticketmaster and was fully prepared to get f'd again. So, I will hopefully be able to meet up down there for some pregame with Patriots Nation.

Listening to Chargers sports radio this morning (we get it up here in LA) got me even more fired up. They are giving away tee shirts that read on the back "to be the best you have to beat the best" or something similar. No mention of Rivers' shoddy play in recent weeks. Somehow I don't think these idiots realize the battle they are in for.

I can't believe it but I actually got a ticket from ticketmaster. My first attempt went thru then the whole thing crashed and I lost it. I was bs. Then I figured what the hell about five minutes later, somehow I got a ticket. Didn't even look where the seat was, just wanted to make sure I secured it. Finally got everything done, pulled up the stadium map to find out it's a field level seat 11 rows in back of the Pats bench. I am still in shock. I've never had any luck with ticketmaster and was fully prepared to get f'd again. So, I will hopefully be able to meet up down there for some pregame with Patriots Nation.

Listening to Chargers sports radio this morning (we get it up here in LA) got me even more fired up. They are giving away tee shirts that read on the back "to be the best you have to beat the best" or something similar. No mention of Rivers' shoddy play in recent weeks. Somehow I don't think these idiots realize the battle they are in for.

Rivers was 19/24 for 200+ yards with 2 TDs in his last game. Not exactly shoddy. The only "shoddy games" were when two of our top three receivers were out, but we did win both games.

Congrats on securing a ticket for the game. You should come by the bolttalk.com tailgater. We will welcome you with carne asada, beer and some Grade A smack talk. :eek:

I don't really get the whole "trash talk" thing with the Chargers. What exactly are the Chargers fans going to say to Patriots fans that wouldn't be a joke? "We beat you in the 1963 AFL championship game"?

I'm not predicting victory here. Far from it. This game has me more worried than any this season, and I think it's a horrible matchup for the Patriots. I could definitely see where Bolts fans could very well have some smack to talk AFTER the game, but before it, wouldn't you be a bit embarrassed to even try?

I mean, there are players on the Chargers roster who, in the entire lives, have only see the team in 7 playoff games, of which they've won exactly three. That era has been marked by such wonderful results in the playoffs as 31-0 and 49-26 losses. (The Patriots in the same period are 3 for 5. In superbowls.)

The Chargers are talented, scary, playing at home, with great fans. The five point spread seems right to me, and we're going to need both a good game from the Patriots and a poor game by San Diego to come out with a victory, in my opinion. But other than the "you suck" "we rule" kind of "trash talk," what really is there to say before the game?

Last edited:
Bolts fans. What times does the lot open ? Is there a seperate cash lot ? Recommended lot to park ? First time to San Diego (can you tell) .

If I don't have to work I'll be there. I actually am living off of Friars Road about a 1/4 from the stadium. Let's go Pats!

Bolts fans. What times does the lot open ? Is there a seperate cash lot ? Recommended lot to park ? First time to San Diego (can you tell) .
No word on when the stadium will open; probably 9am. But don't count on getting any decent parking if you arrive anytime after 11am.

Cheers to a good game and to no injuries...but of course...merriman and co. will fall on brady like a ton of :bricks:

peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited:
Just wear a raiders jersey, non of the san diego fans will make eye contact with you

No word on when the stadium will open; probably 9am. But don't count on getting any decent parking if you arrive anytime after 11am.

Cheers to a good game and to no injuries...but of course...merriman and co. will fall on brady like a ton of :bricks:

peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I believe it opens at 10 AM, but I could be wrong. I often see people lined up before the Pats AM game as I'm going to the sports bar at 9:40 AM.

Beware y'all... Over at the Chargers forum you have a bunch of internet tough guys talking it up...

Pat fans are planning on tailgating and going to our game. Lets show them that they arn't wanted here. I hope everyone that can, tries to park early where they are trying to group tailgate. Hopefully make them have to spread out and not act like flies to ****.

cant we just literally kick there ass?

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=38506

:rofl:

Last edited:
Have fun guys, wish I could be there!! Is there a place to post pictures when you get back?

Glad I bought my plane ticket BEFORE the Jets game

Pats fans learn: Money’s the evil for all rooters
By Jay Fitzgerald
Boston Herald General Economics Reporter

Tuesday, January 9, 2007 - Updated: 07:20 AM EST

Devoted New England Patriots [team stats] fans are going to have put their money where their mouths are if they expect to see their NFL heroes play the Chargers in sunny San Diego this coming weekend.

Upper-deck tickets for the Divisional Playoff game on Sunday at Qualcomm Stadium were going for about $235 late yesterday afternoon on online sites, rising from $200 earlier in the day.

A 40-yard-line seat rose to $1,270 late in the day, from about $1,000.

Club seats in San Diego were going for anywhere between $1,500 and $3,500, depending on location of booths within the stadium.

Meanwhile, a roundtrip, nonstop plane ticket between Boston and San Diego was going for as high as $1,800 yesterday.

Some round-trip plane tickets were available in the $400 range - as long as fans didn’t mind taking red-eye flights with connections.

Travel agents reported plane tickets had become harder to find as the day progressed.

Sam Comerchero, director of operations at Brighton’s Target Sport Adventures, said fans calling up his agency were mostly “kicking tires” to determine if they could afford a trip west.

But he said whether the Pats, who advanced in the playoffs after beating the New York Jets [team stats] this past Sunday, will travel all the way to the West Coast with a lot of fans in tow, is still under review.

“It’s going to be hard (to go) on a whim,” Comerchero said.

One advantage is that San Diego is not a big football town, experts say. Similar nosebleed upper-deck tickets at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro would probably start at about $500, Comerchero estimated.

Yesterday, he was offering game packages - which included a game ticket, airline flights and two nights at a Doubletree Hotel - for between $1,300 and $1,500.

Jay Smith, president of Sports Travel and Tours Inc. in Hatfield, said his firm was offering a no-frills $600 package that included an upper-deck game ticket, transport to and from the airport and one night at a hotel - but no airline ticket.

“That’s a good, solid price,” he said.

A good rule-of-thumb for any traveling fan is to buy a ticket early if the price is affordable for their budget. “Very rarely do prices go down,” Smith said of NFL playoff games.

Re: Glad I bought my plane ticket BEFORE the Jets game

A good rule-of-thumb for any traveling fan is to buy a ticket early if the price is affordable for their budget. “Very rarely do prices go down,” Smith said of NFL playoff games.

Good find CP

Predictable statement from someone who is selling tickets and packages and is worried about not selling out his inventory. Not saying that its not true but I actually expect ticket prices to go down by Saturday. On craigslist especially where sellers start get antsy about the prospect of not getting what they were hoping for and end up settling for less.

As for the Chargers "fans" that plan to disrupt our tailgate, we'll just mind our own business and not worry about it. I do want to ask those that attend not to antagonize them. It would be quite a shame to spend good money for this huge game and end up not getting in or getting tossed out because of egos. Let's take a Patriot approach to it and just mind our own business.

$200 for a playoff ticket is almost reasonable all things considering. Good luck to the Pats fans trekking to San Diego. You guys represent Pats pride and Patriots nation!

Just wear a raiders jersey, non of the san diego fans will make eye contact with you

I live near Oakland. Wear my Charger gear all the time up here, and none of the Raider losers will make eye contact.

I guess it's are fault that our biggest rivals' fans are a bunch of gangbanging thugs. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft