PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the game in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want u guys who are going to kick some charger ass if u tailgate..they are full of **** as fans and 1 of them ost hated..oh and on their board they had an idea of crashing your tailgate so get them before they get you :)

Anyone going out in San Diego Saturday night? I am happy to report that myself and two Pats fans I grew up with who live within walking distance to the stadium will be setting up a tailgate. We are planning on getting there nice and early to get a good spot. Any pats fans looking for a homebase are welcome to join, PM me. We will represent Patriots Nation with pride!

i want u guys who are going to kick some charger ass if u tailgate..they are full of **** as fans and 1 of them ost hated..oh and on their board they had an idea of crashing your tailgate so get them before they get you :)

Sorry Remix, I understand your frustration with SOME Chargers "fans" but let's not lower ourselves to that level. We'll mind our own business and have a good time. I'm sure we'll even interact with the more mature Chargers fans and have some good-natured rivalry smack talk.

Please don't encourage our Pats Fans to initiate anything. Even if we were to take that approach, we would be severely outnumbered. Put it this way, you're not the one who risks not getting into the game for brawling or having your tires slashed just because you have a Patriots sticker on your car.

Most Chargers fans will be fine but there will be some bad apples, just as any other team has. Lets be respectful, enjoy the day and focus on the game on the field.

Let's represent Patriot Nation in a way that Kraft, Belichick and the team would want us to.

Face value on these tickets on ticketmaster, if you include the TM charges, looks to be about $110 to $160 (for the nonclub seats). The tickets going on ebay right now don't seem to be going for a whole heck of a lot more, except for premium seats. I'd expect this will be a somewhat easy ticket.

Face value on these tickets on ticketmaster, if you include the TM charges, looks to be about $110 to $160 (for the nonclub seats). The tickets going on ebay right now don't seem to be going for a whole heck of a lot more, except for premium seats. I'd expect this will be a somewhat easy ticket.

With eBay you have to look at ending prices or buy-it-now prices. Remember that most of the bidding happens in the last few minutes. Sometimes you'll catch a listing that doesn't have any bidders and score an incredible deal (I got an "authentic" Maroney jersey for under $50 shipped) but you have to follow closely and regularly.

Sometimes its even a good idea to fill in the Ticket pull down menus with an incorrect item in case a seller lists it wrong, which means that buyers are less likely to find it as well (less bidding competition for you). Look for stuff in "2006", or Massachusetts [rather than CA] since those could be mistakes that sellers make.

With eBay you have to look at ending prices or buy-it-now prices. Remember that most of the bidding happens in the last few minutes. Sometimes you'll catch a listing that doesn't have any bidders and score an incredible deal (I got an "authentic" Maroney jersey for under $50 shipped) but you have to follow closely and regularly.

Sometimes its even a good idea to fill in the Ticket pull down menus with an incorrect item in case a seller lists it wrong, which means that buyers are less likely to find it as well (less bidding competition for you). Look for stuff in "2006", or Massachusetts [rather than CA] since those could be mistakes that sellers make.

Yup. I think looking at completed auctions is the best way to go to determine the market. There are always people who are going to jump at buy it now prices or bid up certain pairs. But the way to judge the ticket market, in my opinion, is to look for the best deals people have gotten. There are about 400 auctions right now for tickets, and most people only need to win ONE auction, so if you want to know the market for saavy consumers, you find a good, well advertised, contested auction with lots of bids and see what the final price was. That's a good indication of where the market is.

Here are some upper levels between the sidelines that went for $400 for a pair after serious back and forth bidding: http://cgi.ebay.com/SAN-DIEGO-CHARG...0QQihZ012QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here are some very similar seats -- same price $400: http://cgi.ebay.com/2-SAN-DIEGO-CHA...8QQihZ013QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Other than for premium seats, I really think this will be an easy ticket.

Sorry Remix, I understand your frustration with SOME Chargers "fans" but let's not lower ourselves to that level. We'll mind our own business and have a good time. I'm sure we'll even interact with the more mature Chargers fans and have some good-natured rivalry smack talk.

Please don't encourage our Pats Fans to initiate anything. Even if we were to take that approach, we would be severely outnumbered. Put it this way, you're not the one who risks not getting into the game for brawling or having your tires slashed just because you have a Patriots sticker on your car.

Most Chargers fans will be fine but there will be some bad apples, just as any other team has. Lets be respectful, enjoy the day and focus on the game on the field.

Let's represent Patriot Nation in a way that Kraft, Belichick and the team would want us to.

i wasnt intiating anything .i joked about getting to them first but seriously they started a thread saying they should trash your tailgate

and i dont have many problems with charger fans. some of them who came here are way too ****y and unreal but im just going by the books. Eagle + Charger fans = dirty

:rocker:
We will be flying in Sunday morning from SF...just a quick jump, but will have to be late comers. Let me know the easiest way to get in touch with all of you! Can't wait

I'm debating on coming down Saturday night or Sunday early from Santa Clarita. Where would a better place be to get a room for Saturday night, by the stadium or the Gaslamp District? Would it be just as good to hang out at Seau's or head downtown? Thanks for any help.

We've determined most of the details of the tailgate. PM me for the info

Come before or after and come win or lose, Pats Fans will not have any problems other than friendly fan razzing at Qualcomm. Consider it a guarantee.

I will also say enjoy it greatly before the game because Pats Fans will not have much to enjoy during and after it.;)

I'm looking into it. I have a flight coming to me with credit card miles (hopefully there's enough time to book it). If anyone has an extra ticket or knows a good place for me to find one, please let me know.

);pyper

Bring your red square too.

i wasnt intiating anything .i joked about getting to them first but seriously they started a thread saying they should trash your tailgate

and i dont have many problems with charger fans. some of them who came here are way too ****y and unreal but im just going by the books. Eagle + Charger fans = dirty

First of all the talk of crashing your tailgates is bluster. I've been going to Charger games for 26 years and never once seen a problem in the pre-game tailgates. Oh, you might get verbally harassed but it's mostly in good fun.

The problems generally start during the game when idiots on both sides start getting about $50 worth of beer in 'em. ($50 worth of beer at Qualcomm = approximately
6 actual beers.) The fights occur in the stands 95% of the time. I've never been to a game where there wasn't at least one fight. I've been to games--especially against the Raiders--where it seemed like there was a fight every ten minutes or so.

If you're respectful and good-natured you'll have no problems. If you get sauced up and start smack-talking you might have a problem. Just being honest. It all depends on who you've got near you.

Last edited:
Aren't the Chargers restricting tickets to only SD fans? I thought I read it soemwhere, maybe boston.com

Transcript from Bill Simmons chat on ESPN:
John (Cambridge, MA): What's the general mood in Southern CA right now for the game on Sunday. I know you're 4 hours or so away, but what the heck is going on with SD sports radio pleading with Chargers fans to not seel their tix to Pats fans? Is this a joke? I think it's hilarious.

Joe (Boston): This is a sure sign of an impending loser: "The San Diego Chargers have restricted sales to the Divisional Playoff game to residents of Southern California...Orders by residents outside of southern California will be canceled without notice." I hate California and Ticketmaster. You're perpetuating this nonsense by contributing to the LaLa Land tax base.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: Yeah, this is a real issue out here - all the Boston transplants are flooding the game and there aren't enough real Chargers fans to hold them off - plus, people from back home are trying to get tix and fly in for the game. You're looking at 10-12,000 NE fans there on Sunday easy. I think this is good for the Pats...

You're looking at 10-12,000 NE fans there on Sunday easy.

Great find!

Well in that case, our tailgate details are going public. I was going to keep it DL to prevent Charger "fans" from trying to terrorize us but I think there will be enough Pats fans all over the place that they won't be doing much to stop us.

New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers Divisional Playoff Game

Sunday, January 14, 2006

Caravan to Qualcomm Stadium

Meeting Time: 8:30am – 8:45am

Meeting location:
Barnes & Noble (or in that area as parking permits)
Hazard Center
7676 Hazard Center Dr
San Diego, CA 92108-4503

Please print a map with driving directions from your particular starting point.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?a...4503&country=us&new=1&name=Hazard Center&qty=

When you arrive, please check in with Barry (wearing a silver #80 Troy Brown jersey) . We will put something on each car’s antenna or window so that when we enter Qualcomm, the parking attendant will know which vehicles are all together (which will be explained by the lead car).

If anyone would like to leave their car at the Hazard Center, you can park in the basement garage (free) and you can either find room in one of the cars going to the stadium or take the trolley.

Promptly at 9:00am we will all head out together taking a right turn on to Friar’s Road. Qualcomm is 3 miles east and will take us no more than 10 minutes to get there. As we approach the stadium, stay in your right lane and look for Gate 3 signs as the road bends right. Parking is $20 per car.

Once we enter Gate 3, we will try to go left toward G3 or H3. The parking attendants may or may not let us go that way and that area may or may not be already full so we’ll just have to see what happens which is why I am collecting everyone’s cell phone #s. Second choice will be J3 or J4 which is between the trolley line and the south side fence. Please have the following map with you as it will be the best way to find us if we end up in a different parking lot area.

http://chargers.com/assets/116/24190.pdf

If we do end up in a section other than G3 or H3, we will call everyone on the list that provided their phone #.

8:30am Meet at the Hazard Center

9:00am Depart from Hazard Center to Qualcomm together as a caravan and enter at Gate 3

9:15am Park, set-up, call people if we end up in a different section

9:30am Bears-Seahawks Pool Sign-up

9:45am Welcome announcement, introductions and group picture #1

10:00am Bears-Seahawks game kicks off

Noon Patriots Toast and group picture #2

12:30pm Begin breaking down and prepare to enter the stadium

1:30pm Kick off!!!

What you may want to bring with you:
TICKETS!!
Folding chairs
Pop-up tent
Cooler with enough ice to last the whole day
Food (enough to share if you like)
Hat, visor, sunglasses, sunscreen
TICKETS!! (check again, this is the only thing you REALLY need)

Weather Forecast: Sunny Hi 61 Lo 42

Check out daily updates at:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/ocpf/

I am starting to really look forward to this game!!!

I'm glad all you Patsy fans are coming to SD, but you don't have to spend all that money just to watch your team lose........you can do that in the comfort of your livingroom..........no snow boots need please........

Anyone who lives in SD and roots for someone else and then scoffs SD's fan base should look in the mirror because you ARE the problem. Don't root for some other team and then call SD a weak sports town. It's because of YOU that SD is considered a weak sports town. This city's good enough for you to move your life and family here and suck up the sun, but you won't root for the local team.

90% of the people who live in New England are Patriots fans. In SD it's probably about 30%. Why? Because 70% of you yokels move here from somewhere else!

I'm glad all you Patsy fans are coming to SD, but you don't have to spend all that money just to watch your team lose........you can do that in the comfort of your livingroom..........no snow boots need please........

What a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft