PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going on four weeks later and Felger and Mazz are still fighting the 'good' fight

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Why I do this to myself I'll never know. Maybe I'm a gluten for self punishment and need to see a shrink. Anyway I'll admit that I still listen to Felger and Mazz, mostly because I find it entertaining and cathartic when they trash the Bruins and the Celtics, which has basically been their entire last week of shows. But today at 4 they decided to take a breather and go back to Deflategate and discuss how the situation has developed. Well silly me, I actually thought they were going to use this as an opportunity to discuss this objectively in the face of continued evidence that the allegations leveled at the Pats were completely baseless.

So right out of the shoot we get Felgers take that the Patriots are systematically sprinkling information through their 'sources' to buy themselves as much plausible deniability as possible. He's referring to all the latest reports that say only one ball was egregiously underinflated, that the ball attendant took only a 90 second leak, that the Colts may have tampered with the single ball, the refs never recorded the PSI, etc. But far from looking at this new information and perhaps changing his opinion on the issue, he simply regards it all as white noise drummed up by the Pats to confuse the issue even more. Because somehow in his pea-brained mind that makes more sense then the information being legitimate evidence that points toward the Patriots being innocent. He then makes a bullcrap false equivalency between the national media who wanted the Pats disqualified from the Super Bowl and the local media who are reporting these new pieces of information that would help exonerate the Pats, saying both are stupid. I don't have to tell you how objectively wrong that is.

Next he goes over the ball attendant story again. He theorizes that the Wells report is taking so long because he has to go to all the away stadiums and look at the surveillance footage to see if the ball guy goes to the bathroom each time. He constantly refers to the ball attendants as "Your Guy." Now, let's ignore for a moment that the ball attendant is not a Patriots employee but on the NFL payroll. Technically the home stadium chooses him so conceivably yes, the Patriots could have him in their corner. But that means that the ball attendants in all the away games were picked by the other team.! How on earth could the Patriots possibly have access to them when they have literally no connection to them? Of course this is never mentioned while Felger implies that the Patriots have ballboys going into the bathroom in stadiums across the nation. And I'm not even going to go into the mathematics of deflating 12 balls in 90 seconds because that's been done to death.

Next he outright dismisses the new reports that only one ball was egregiously deflated and the rest were either under by 1.0 psi or a few ticks. His "evidence"? That the league sent the Patriots a memo the Monday after the AFC championship to alert them that 11 of the 12 balls were underinflated. And in Felger's mind the NFL would never bother with that that if most of the balls were just a few ticks under. Yes, this NFL. The same one that continues to make the most harebrained illogical decisions imaginable in every single way. Except this time apparently. So 'logically' that must mean that the balls were all drastically deflated. This point specifically made my brain lock up for a second. What on Earth would ever, EVER, lead you to assume that? Now, the memo is indeed real and I'm sure it's true that 11/12 balls were under 12.5 psi. But it is so freaking obvious at this point that the NFL was being pressured heavily by the Colts to nail the Patriots so, likely against their own will, the league sent an official memo to them describing the situation as best they knew it. Which was that 11 of 12 balls were under the 12.5 psi level. They would do that no matter if the balls were at 12.0 psi or 7.0 psi because at this point they are following standard legal procedure. So giving them the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't send the memo if they were only slightly under, when we know the Colts were giving them hell, is asinine.

The segment basically ends with them agreeing that the Pats will probably get off without punishment. But not because the evidence, both scientific and circumstantial, supports the Patriots. Oh no. Because Goodell is afraid of pissing off Kraft and will help bury the case so as not to lose his support. Because as we all know Goodell is more than willing to bend over backwards to help the Patriots in any way he can...

Of course Mazz just co-signed everything Felger said so there's no point in going into anything he said.

I know this thread is useless and completely redundant but I felt the need to vent a bit because of the sheer absurdity that this 'scandal' still exists.

The rumors that Felger puts gerbils in Mazz's anus have not been proven, but those that say it's a lie are clearly being duped by misinformation put out from Felger. The only facts we know right now are Gerbils do exist, Mazz does have an anus and they definitely did this according to rumors.

So let's please stop speculating about what these two gerbil-f***ers did until we have more facts.

I heard they opened their show the other day and spent at least an hour talking about "what if' the Pats lost the SB.

I heard they opened their show the other day and spent at least an hour talking about "what if' the Pats lost the SB.
?? Actually, that hour was spent talking about the fact that the Pats DID lose the SB. Such an activity was once referred to as a ***********...

I dont live in Boston or NE but everyone on this board and every Pats fan I follow on twitter always references these idiots. I've never heard a broadcast of these guys and dont care to. It seems it's pretty unanimous that everyone hates these guys and their views.

My question to everyone is this. If these guys are so bad why does everyone continue to listen to them?? Like I'm genuinely confused by it. Lol, i'm not being a troll or trying to stir the pot im just honestly confused. Why doesnt everyone just not tune in to their show? Why give them attention??

I dont live in Boston or NE but everyone on this board and every Pats fan I follow on twitter always references these idiots. I've never heard a broadcast of these guys and dont care to. It seems it's pretty unanimous that everyone hates these guys and their views.

My question to everyone is this. If these guys are so bad why does everyone continue to listen to them?? Like I'm genuinely confused by it. Lol, i'm not being a troll or trying to stir the pot im just honestly confused. Why doesnt everyone just not tune in to their show? Why give them attention??

it's not listening, it's monitoring.

Because there is a large segment of the NE audience that apparently hates BB, and would rather the Pats lose than have anything that looks like success for him. Of course, there's a large segment that feels that way about the Red Sox ownership, there's a large segment that feels that way about Danny Ainge. I think the Bruins fans are mostly too drunk to get that worked up about things.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back