PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give Maroney a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher22/39

Rookie
Reaction score
Being a native from Beantown and moving to Minnesota I wanted to let you all know that Maroney will not let anyone down, I have spent the past 3 years as a Gopher season ticket holder and have been amazed everytime he got the ball, trust me big things will happen, Dillion needs to watch his back!

Most of us are optimistic about his addition.
Someone posted some video hi lights. Very impressive.
Can't wait for the season to begin.

gopher22/39 said:
Being a native from Beantown and moving to Minnesota I wanted to let you all know that Maroney will not let anyone down, I have spent the past 3 years as a Gopher season ticket holder and have been amazed everytime he got the ball, trust me big things will happen, Dillion needs to watch his back!

What amazed you most about his play?

Last edited by a moderator:
...and anything to say about WR Jakari Wallace?

bishbash said:
...and anything to say about WR Jakari Wallace?

he might be a good special teams player

no offense jakari, i know you have "skillz"

gopher22/39 said:

I appreciate the sentiment, and I am pshyched about maroney. I love the highlight film with the Irish music.

But, I am skeptical about anyone who says they are from Boston, and calls it "Beantown" ... unless he writes for a newspaper.

gopher22/39 said:

All we are saaaaaaaaaaaaaying, is give Kool Aid a chaaaaaaaaaance! Thank you. Thank you. Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses.

Seriously, love to hear that. I'm pumped, and it's only May. Thanks for checking in.

Is this thread somehow connected to the 'Brady just may make the team this year thread?' Because I can't imagine why we wouldn't give a first rounder a chance.

Well, he might make a good addition to the practice squad and then with some hard work and coaching might actually become a quality back-up. :rolleyes:

sdaniels7114 said:
Is this thread somehow connected to the 'Brady just may make the team this year thread?' Because I can't imagine why we wouldn't give a first rounder a chance.

I don't know about you guys, but I had already written him off, especially now that we've got Klecko at fullback.

14thDragon said:
Well, he might make a good addition to the practice squad and then with some hard work and coaching might actually become a quality back-up. :rolleyes:

I'd say a year or two in NFL Europe might help a bit.

I'm sure he'll compete and work hard.

....now let me put on my hoodie and go back to the film room.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with someone on page 1 - is there ANY chance Pats fans WON'T give Maroney a chance? We're thrilled to have him.

onegameatatime said:
I appreciate the sentiment, and I am pshyched about maroney. I love the highlight film with the Irish music.

But, I am skeptical about anyone who says they are from Boston, and calls it "Beantown" ... unless he writes for a newspaper.
Is Beantown considered that bad? Been gone from N.E. too long. The worst would be for someone from San Francisco calling it "Frisco". They hate that out here.

Baaahstn, baby

onegameatatime said:
It'e not San Fran either.

Once Maroney has mastered picking up the blitz and running a bit more downhill, I think the keys to the car are his and Dillion's role is reduced. And while I seriously doubt it'll happen by the start of the season, I could see it happening sometime in his first year.

I think the original poster was not questioning whether Maroney would make the team, but whether he would get the touches. I know Cobbs was a 4th rounder, but how many did he get?

I really like his potential, but when he cuts back like against Wisconsin, instead of outrunning the field like he did, he could have a DL come down the line and trip him up. It's a whole different game in the pros.

I believe one of the biggest adjustments is the need to pick up the rushers -- remember how Larry Johnson got slammed in the press for making a half-hearted dive at a blitzer?

desi-patsfan said:
Care to elaborate.
Look I'm a strong black woman and I dont have to put up with his playa ways...secrest out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News