PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gil Brandt says Pats will take a LB at #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on that one, aside from Mayo last year, every single year I am disappointed with who they take at the time, only to be proven wrong, every single year.

Logan Mankins was the worst one, I can't remember for the life of me who I wanted them to draft that year, but whomever it was, was available when they came up to pick, and I was 100% sure they would take him. Of course Mankins turned into one of the best guards in the league, and whoever it was that I wanted them to pick, was so insignificant that I have forgotten his name.

So, this year, I expect to be no different. Somebody will be available at 23 that I love, and will get excited for, and then they will either draft someone I hadn't even considered, or they will trade out of their spot, and some other team will inevitably take Player X that I wanted on the Pats.

All that being said, :singing:I LOVE THE DRAFT!!!:singing:

Watching drafts in the Belichick era definitely rocks. Whoever it is that we end up picking in the first round, you know that worst case scenario he'll be good, best case scenario he's an all-pro.

I'm with you on that one, aside from Mayo last year, every single year I am disappointed with who they take at the time, only to be proven wrong, every single year.

Logan Mankins was the worst one, I can't remember for the life of me who I wanted them to draft that year, but whomever it was, was available when they came up to pick, and I was 100% sure they would take him. Of course Mankins turned into one of the best guards in the league, and whoever it was that I wanted them to pick, was so insignificant that I have forgotten his name.

So, this year, I expect to be no different. Somebody will be available at 23 that I love, and will get excited for, and then they will either draft someone I hadn't even considered, or they will trade out of their spot, and some other team will inevitably take Player X that I wanted on the Pats.

All that being said, :singing:I LOVE THE DRAFT!!!:singing:

Me too. I remember watching that draft, hearing Mankins name called out and going WTF? Isn't he a second/third round pick? I was bummed. Guess what, I was wrong and BB was right, as he usually is.

In the Giants Blog for the NY Daily news, they note 10 things Brandt says about the upcoming draft, among them that the Pats are taking a LB at #23.

Here is the list of 10:

It is worth a read, as Brandt still has good NFL connections and sounds pretty sure.

Some solid hits and big misses. I bet he is getting smoke from some of these teams (ie Patriots) as they know he'll put it out there for everyone to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News