PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giardi: Sources near Pats fear 6-8 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just fall off the Watermelon truck?

Woody knew he was getting because many in the NFL office worked for the scummy Jets, including the corrupt commissioner who put out the hit on Brady.
Sorry... I guess I am not a rational thinker like yourself...

PR is what this is. IF they give less than 2 games its a bad PR for the league. Who is going to cause bad PR if they give 6-8 games ? No one in the country is comparing this to ray rice's offense unfortunately . They just want to see if Goodell has the guts to punish his buddy kraft and the patriots. So a suspension of elss than 2 games or no suspension is a PR nightmare for the NFL not the otherway round as it should be.

I hate the way this is being handled. Like they didn't know what direction things were headed a long time ago and somehow needed more time to decide Brady's punishment...please.

They just enjoy having the negative attention of Brady and the Pats in the limelight, so they'll drag it out even longer. I agree with you that the suspension was inevitable from the release of the report. Let's hope that it's only a couple/few games.

Kraft F'd this up from the get go, he should have never agreed to the NFL's hired gun Wells.

The when the report was imminent, had they seen the report, he waved the white flag and bent Brady over for Goodell.

Kraft screwed the pooch on the one.

Brady's good name and legacy is at stake here he needs to go nuclear if innocent here, and I believe he has done NOTHING wrong.

If Brady isn't playing opening the fans should boycott the game, no crowd for the pre game show on NBC, no parking, concessions, and the NFL season opener, played in an empty stadium. F em all.
So you are saying a person who paid hundreds of dollars for their tickets should just flush them down the toilet? Seems logical.

Someone brought up a interesting point on twitter a few days ago: would the NFL suspend Brady, taking him out of the season opener against the Steelers. Imagine the ratings if he wasn't suspended and played. Ad revenue would be thru the roof for that game. What does the NFL want more?

Actually, when you consider the fact that Roger labeled himself "The Enforcer," the fact that the opening game would be centered around 3 star players being suspended would fit his agenda perfectly.

He'll probably see it as some kind of deterrence opportunity for the other players who may consider making poor choices.

So you are saying a person who paid hundreds of dollars for their tickets should just flush them down the toilet? Seems logical.

Depends on how pissed about one is about the greatest player in the history having hid legacy being trashed as a result of a corrupt investigation.

BTW aren't the ticket holder being ripped off by the NFL when the player they paid to see isn't allowed to play. The event is being devalued.

Depends on how pissed about one is about the greatest player in the history having hid legacy being trashed as a result of a corrupt investigation.

BTW aren't the ticket holder being ripped off by the NFL when the player they paid to see isn't allowed to play. The event is being devalued.
This is why playoff teams should be forced to play starters in meaningless games winding down the schedule..... because people throw down a ton of cash for tix... but you can't expect people who want to go to a game to throw their tix away... because they won't... they might sell them... then you wind up with a half filled stadium of Steelers fans..

Last edited:
Shawn Ferris ‏@RealShawnFerris 24m24 minutes ago
BREAKING: According to a source close to the Patriots, league leaning towards suspending Tom Brady for four games. @PatsGazette

4 games sucks, but it will probably be enough to satisfy everyone around the country who thinks it should be a lot longer. If I had to guess, I would think the 4 game mark would be right on the money.

To take it one step further, it also would set up the 5th game where Brady returns to face the Colts in week #6, so it would fit the NFL's agenda to keep this in the spotlight.

Goodell will get his 3 player suspension for the opening game, which also fits his agenda in continuing to send a message to the rest of the league.

4 games
more than rice got at first for domestic violence. makes no sense....

then you have ******s like shannon sharpe spewing their garbage. hey horseface, what about the broncos cheating the salary cap?? lol all of this is a sick joke.

This is why playoff teams should be forced to play starters in meaningless games winding down the schedule..... because people throw down a ton of cash for tix... but you can't expect people who want to go to a game to throw their tix away... because they won't... they might sell them... then you wind up with a half filled stadium of Steelers fans..

I fully agree with your general thought about there still being enough of a demand to fill the stadium, and that's not even bringing up your point about the majority being Steelers fans. The idea of throwing away tickets or having a major boycott just won't work. It's a good enough idea in theory, but you'd need full cooperation, and that would be hard to achieve in my opinion.

As for your point about the NFL forcing teams to play their starters in meaningless games, that was achieved when the scheduling included all divisional matchups in the last 2 weeks. Instead of seeing teams resting their starters with 1-2 games left, you're now seeing them rest starters for the last couple of quarters in week #17.

I don't think people realize whatever suspension they give him, Brady, his agent and his team of highly paid lawyers aren't going to be appealing to the league for a reduction, they will be taking it to court to get the suspension completely overturned.

Remember the Saints players went to court and got all their suspensions overturned.

4 games sucks, but it will probably be enough to satisfy everyone around the country who thinks it should be a lot longer. If I had to guess, I would think the 4 game mark would be right on the money.

To take it one step further, it also would set up the 5th game where Brady returns to face the Colts in week #6, so it would fit the NFL's agenda to keep this in the spotlight.

Goodell will get his 3 player suspension for the opening game, which also fits his agenda in continuing to send a message to the rest of the league.
4 games reduced to none. Sounds good.

I don't think people realize whatever suspension they give him, Brady, his agent and his team of highly paid lawyers aren't going to be appealing to the league for a reduction, they will be taking it to court to get the suspension completely overturned.

Remember the Saints players went to court and got all their suspensions overturned.
I hope they dont but I feel they will just appeal. Hope Iam wrong.

How long did that take, JMC? I'm not being a smartass, but when you take into consideration the fact that they have to get through both an independent appeals process first, then arbitration....THEN the long process (recently 4+ months for Peterson) to even get the court date + 2nd arbitration date, how does this prove to be beneficial?

Maybe the Saints scandal didn't take as long? Do you know the timeframe, by chance?

I hope they dont but I feel they will just appeal. Hope Iam wrong.

They HAVE to appeal, then go through the arbitration process first. That is per the CBA.

You can't take the CBA/workplace rules to the litigation process at the federal level until you abide by the CBA/workplace ruling to begin with, right?

Am I wrong here?

How long did that take, JMC? I'm not being a smartass, but when you take into consideration the fact that they have to get through both an independent appeals process first, then arbitration....THEN the long process (recently 4+ months for Peterson) to even get the court date + 2nd arbitration date, how does this prove to be beneficial?

Maybe the Saints scandal didn't take as long? Do you know the timeframe, by chance?
This is the other issue with such late ruling and a 100+ day investigation. Dont know how much time brady is going to have.

Sorry, man. I generally like all your posts, but why the **** should I care about appeasing the rest of the stupid country? There's no evidence of wrong doing. He doesn't owe the wretched mob a pound of flesh.

The rest of the country can **** off.

4 Games? Tom Brady banned from play for the banner ceremony?

If that happens, I hope the NFL loses New England in its viewership. The league will be dead to me.

This is the other issue with such late ruling and a 100+ day investigation. Dont know how much time brady is going to have.

I posted a thread to discuss this, as I'm assuming that some others such as Deus Irae, etc will have better knowledge than myself.

We share the same concern regarding the timeframe, though--SVN.

Sorry, man. I generally like all your posts, but why the **** should I care about appeasing the rest of the stupid country? There's no evidence of wrong doing. He doesn't owe the wretched mob a pound of flesh.

The rest of the country can **** off.

4 Games? Tom Brady banned from play for the banner ceremony?

If that happens, I hope the NFL loses New England in its viewership. The league will be dead to me.

I think it sucks, same as you--but how can it be prevented? If you don't believe that Goodell takes the other 31 teams and players into account, you're smoking something. He will attempt to dole out what he deems as a fair punishment. That will likely include a suspension. We're already starting to hear rumors of anywhere between 4-8 games, so I actually provided the light side in the hopes that the NFL will want to set up the week #6 showdown vs. IND.

If you have better knowledge than I do (possible) about the appeals process, etc--please post it in the thread that I started; otherwise, there will be an excellent chance that Brady misses the opener, as I think a suspension was inevitable from the day the report came out.

Not much we can do about it, unless it's reversed at an early level of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back