PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants win Madden simulation of Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
@the poster above me: The packages have actually been pretty accurate for me, except no D-Line rotation (just starters all the time) and the Pats use Polite a bit too often. Besides that, I'm actually impressed with how often it simulates the Pats going with 2 or 3 TEs.

Maybe it's better about it on Madden 08 than Madden 12?

I had to put Hernandez as #2 on the WR depth chart just so he'd see targets. Otherwise it was heavy doses of Branch and Welker with an occasional throw to Gronkowski.

It's also amusing seeing Ihedigbo get burnt on big plays just as easily in Madden as he does IRL. Also I notice that too about Polite. Pats don't use the FB IRL nearly as much as in Madden. Wonder if starting Woodhead at FB in the sim would give a more honest reflection of RB usage.

Last edited:
Madden has a 40% inaccuracy this post season, incorrectly predicting Steelers over Broncos, Packers over giants, Saints over 49ers, and Cincinatti over houston.

I had to put Hernandez as #2 on the WR depth chart just so he'd see targets. Otherwise it was heavy doses of Branch and Welker with an occasional throw to Gronkowski.

^^^ THIS

A computer program does not know how to use our roster, because no slot WR is as active as Welker, no 2nd TE is as much of a target as Aaron, no computer program simulates the versatility of a set of players as they line up in 10 different ways during a stretch of no-huddle, putting Woodhead outside or in, Aaron wide, slot, or backfield, Gronk on either end or wide either side, etc...

A Madden sim of the Pats offense looks nothing like our offense.

oh come on ... we all know it's the rhino's predictions that really matter.

I'd like to congratulate the real winner of the Madden Bowl: the EA Sports marketing department, which realized how starved the football press is for story ideas at this point in the Superbowl buildup.

Would that I could come up with such a scheme for my business.

"In six of the past eight seasons, the winner of a pregame simulation has accurately predicted the winner of the NFL's title game"

Hmmmm looks like most of you are not giving this as much credit as it should receive.

Giants defeat Patriots in Madden

what's your point? Madden has been right only 6 out 10 times this post season and only 50% in super bowl predictions since 2007. Hardly something to rely on. Besides, Madden does not measure heart, which the patriots have plenty of right now.

what's your point? Madden has been right only 6 out 10 times this post season and only 50% in super bowl predictions since 2007. Hardly something to rely on. Besides, Madden does not measure heart, which the patriots have plenty of right now.

But it picked the Giants, so it's obviously right. :rolleyes:

The Pats should just go home. Brady can cozy up to Giselle, Gronk can wreak havoc on his harem, and Belichick can go back to making doomsday devices or whatever evil shenanigans he's up to in the offseason.

People hang their hat on what they want to hang their hat on. Superbowls are 50/50 until the game begins.

Last edited:
Patriots with or without Albert Haynesworth?

I crapped in my hat and took it to the stool reader...she told me.."yup, the Jets still suck!"

Giants troll. Pay him no mind.

Yep, Madden picked the Giants. The betting Camel picked the Giants. The majority of "expert" picks I've seen have picked the Giants. I've seen the articles on Brady not playing well in big games. And on and on and on. I've never seen a #1 Seed get less love EVER, in a Super Bowl.

Frankly, I love it. Silently, the Patriots have got to be PI$$ED about all this. This can only be a good thing, IMHO!

Funny, bc when I simulated the game on my Madden, the Pats won.

Haven't seen that in the game, but they are working on a patch that lets you video tape your opponents practices.

I got a chuckle out of Williams making a miraculous recovery as soon as he saw Grant go down. Guess there was a miscommunication on who was supposed to be the crybaby on that particular down.

Forward this on to the old fart grandpa you have for a coach, he'll want to show this the night before the big game:

The Funniest Football Dives And Fake Injuries EVER !!!! - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe