PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants Umenyiora carted off with left knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
my delts are bigger than romo's and eli's put together. seriously, why don't those guys have any muscle?

Last edited:
Looks like BC product Kiwanuka is going to get a chance to shine.

my delts are bigger than romo's and eli's put together. seriously, why don't those guys have any muscle?
25948b0fade5b871.jpg

and jason taylor withe the skins and freeney coming back from his injury and jared allen in nfc.

who has the best rushers in the afc? buffalo?
New England. We were second in the league for sacks last year.

To be honest if there's one team I want to see succeed in the NFC, it's the Giants.

Just for the rematch.

Plus it'd be easier to deal with 2007 if Eli actually becomes a legitimate QB and the Giants prove not to be a fluke.

According to ESPN, season ending surgery for Umenyiora.

According to ESPN, season ending surgery for Umenyiora.

What a huge blow for them. As much as I ate the Jints (always have), I don;t wish that on any player or team.

Rumor has it they are trying to get Strahan out of retirement right now (per Florio).

I was about to post that I thought the Giants were kind of underrated. But to be honest I don't see how they can overcome losing their two best pass rushers when by far the strength of their team from last year was their pass rush. Their whole thing was they had so many pass rushers. Now they are down to Tuck who will get doubled all the time and we'll see what Kiwanuka can do.

The NFC is really bad so they might be able to make the playoffs but beyond that I don't see much.

Terrible break for the Giants.

The Giants had best hope they can convince Strahan to return (That's gonna cost cash), and that Eli really did have the lights come on, or they could very easily go from Super Bowl champions to the last place team in their division.

Could the Super Bowl curse work in reverse this year. The biggest reason Super Bowl losers have not repeated in the playoffs in recent years is because of injuries. Osi is a big loss to the Giants.

Could the Super Bowl curse work in reverse this year. The biggest reason Super Bowl losers have not repeated in the playoffs in recent years is because of injuries. Osi is a big loss to the Giants.

The media liked to paint the Giants as the 2001 Patriots.

Well we know what happened in 2002...

The media liked to paint the Giants as the 2001 Patriots.

Well we know what happened in 2002...

Yeah neither the Rams nor the Pats made the playoffs, although the Pats came one GB win from making it into the playoffs.

That's 26 1/2 sacks the Giants need to make up without Osi (13 sacks), Strahan (9) and Kawika Mitchell (4 1/2) from 2007. Tuck's gonna be doubled all year.

Wow.That sucks for them. It did not look bad when he got hurt but it didn't when it happened to Freeney either last year.:(
If you win the Super Bowl watch out for your best pass rusher.:eek:

holy crap! I didn't think the injury would amount to IR :eek:

Eagles and 'boys fans must be having their own private parties right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft