PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants considering QB Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Quarterback David Carr, released by the Panthers on Feb. 27, will visit the Giants tonight and tomorrow, according to someone with knowledge of Carr's visit. The organization plans to take Carr out to dinner tonight, the source added. The former No. 1 pick is already well-acquainted with Giants quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer, whose tenure as the Houston Texans' offensive coordinator overlapped with Carr's first four seasons as the team's starting quarterback.

courtesy si . com

Who there, Giants! Just because you were the cinderella team this past season doesn't mean you can make David Carr a good QB.

Carr needs to be broken down completely and rebuilt from the bottom up. Frankly, I'd love to see what a top-notch team and QB coach could do with him by keeping him on the bench for a year to get over the shell shock and to help him unlearn the bad habits that playing behind lousy O-lines has taught him.

Then again, I feel the same way about a lot of the highly drafted QBs that wash out of the league.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll get shot for saying this, but, I would'nt mind seeing him become a patriot. I liked him until he became a shell of a q.b. I think the pats are a team that could coach him back to being a good q.b., and then we would have the vet backup, that hopefully never comes in handy;)
now, I don't really see this happening because he'll likely get more money from some other team, but I would'nt mind if it did.

and then we would have the vet backup

A QB that came into the league in 2002, and was drafted 2 years after our starting QB? I wouldn't call him a veteran!

Last edited:
A QB that came into the league in 2002, and was drafted 2 years after our starting QB? I wouldn't call him a veteran!

picky picky:rolleyes:

i meant 'vet', meaning someone who has actually started a game, as opposed to the 'matts':D

Cracks me up. I thought Carolina was a good place for him to drop all his bad tendencies and develop into a good QB. Atleast, thats what everyone said. The guy will forever be a backup.

NO ONE CAN STOP THE HAMBURGLAR! Man those gloves look stupid.

I feel like he's gonna bounce around the league forever a la Jeff George or Rick Mirer.

I thought the Texans were stupid at the time to draft him over Joey Harrington (I guess I was stupid too) You ever see how they planned on correcting his throwing motion? They were going to use ladders and hoola hoops and stuff lol. Then again, he never really got the chance to throw once an opposing lb was in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back