Welcome to PatsFans.com

Giants considering QB Carr

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thenepatsrule, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

courtesy si . com
  2. FarScapeR

FarScapeR Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who there, Giants! Just because you were the cinderella team this past season doesn't mean you can make David Carr a good QB.
  3. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,130 / 52 / -64

Disable Jersey

Carr needs to be broken down completely and rebuilt from the bottom up. Frankly, I'd love to see what a top-notch team and QB coach could do with him by keeping him on the bench for a year to get over the shell shock and to help him unlearn the bad habits that playing behind lousy O-lines has taught him.

Then again, I feel the same way about a lot of the highly drafted QBs that wash out of the league.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  4. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm sure I'll get shot for saying this, but, I would'nt mind seeing him become a patriot. I liked him until he became a shell of a q.b. I think the pats are a team that could coach him back to being a good q.b., and then we would have the vet backup, that hopefully never comes in handy;)
    now, I don't really see this happening because he'll likely get more money from some other team, but I would'nt mind if it did.
  5. Marshy

Marshy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A QB that came into the league in 2002, and was drafted 2 years after our starting QB? I wouldn't call him a veteran!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  6. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

picky picky:rolleyes:

i meant 'vet', meaning someone who has actually started a game, as opposed to the 'matts':D
  7. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Cracks me up. I thought Carolina was a good place for him to drop all his bad tendencies and develop into a good QB. Atleast, thats what everyone said. The guy will forever be a backup.
  8. DGameguy

DGameguy Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

NO ONE CAN STOP THE HAMBURGLAR! Man those gloves look stupid.

I feel like he's gonna bounce around the league forever a la Jeff George or Rick Mirer.

I thought the Texans were stupid at the time to draft him over Joey Harrington (I guess I was stupid too) You ever see how they planned on correcting his throwing motion? They were going to use ladders and hoola hoops and stuff lol. Then again, he never really got the chance to throw once an opposing lb was in his face.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.