PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants seeking to trade for CB DeAngelo Hall [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are completly wrong on this. Pac Man is a very good player, but your over rating his value as a corner. Here is just a few corners who are better. Cromartie, Samuel, DeAngelo Hall, Nate Clements, Lito Sheppard, Terrance Newman, Al Harris, Ashominga, Trufant. That's just off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong Pac Man has the potential to be a star CB, but as of now he isn't an in th eelite group you put him in.

I probably should have said "cover corner" before, since he's below average in run support. So his value would depend on which defensive system you run. But as far as coverage, the only guy on your list who I'd say is in the same class is Cromartie. Of course, this is assuming Jones hasn't regressed since 2006.

I probably should have said "cover corner" before, since he's below average in run support. So his value would depend on which defensive system you run. But as far as coverage, the only guy on your list who I'd say is in the same class is Cromartie. Of course, this is assuming Jones hasn't regressed since 2006.

I know it didn't have the best year, but what about Rashean Mathis? Also a new name whom I like alot is Lee Bodden

There was rumors that he got into a fist fight with one of his teammates after a game last year. If that is true, I don't want this guy on our team at any cost.

it was a rumor only. it was after he got flagged so many times against Carolina because refs and Steve Smith got to him. The rumor was he got beat up by his teammates for what basically cost them the game. Refs made BS calls

he was overrated 2 seasons ago had a rough year but last year he played very well.

Hall might be 1 of the fastest guys in the league..hes got good ball skills..he gets aggressive with gambling at times when he doesnt get thrown @ a lot. Hes also a great returner as well as a tackler. This kid is going to be amazing one day. Hes very confident / ****y but he can back it all up. Imagine a guy so quick like Hall in a zone scheme here? lots of pick 6s

hes very competitive so you can understand him being frustrated at times losing but he still came to play each week

Last edited:
I know it didn't have the best year, but what about Rashean Mathis? Also a new name whom I like alot is Lee Bodden

Leigh Bodden is very good. As is Dunta Robinson. Mathis was great in 2006. Cortland Finnegan looked very good filling in for Pac Man.

Anyways isn't Pac Man suppose to end up in Dallas. That was the rumor being floated about earlier in the year.

Anyways isn't Pac Man suppose to end up in Dallas. That was the rumor being floated about earlier in the year.

he said he wanted to..but then again..he wants to play in NFL but Goodell wouldnt reinstate him saying hes disappointed in him and the progress

You're nuts. From strictly an on-field perspective, Pac Man might be the best corner in the league....if he was in the league. The only guy last year who could blanket receivers as well was Cromartie.

first off, when did pacman play last year?? secondly, ive been forced to watch the titans down here, and he is a great return man, but an average corner. lots of potential, but would anyone really want his stripclublovin a** in new england??? :confused:

id rather keep gay, than get pacman

first off, when did pacman play last year?? secondly, ive been forced to watch the titans down here, and he is a great return man, but an average corner. lots of potential, but would anyone really want his stripclublovin a** in new england??? :confused:

So would everybody on this board, including me, I imagine.

and the guy says only guy that blanked WRs as well as Cromartie. Cromartie didnt really blanket WRs..hes getting there but people know about him so well because his INTs and athleticism..its not like he jumped so many routes. Blanket? no but he was around the ball

This may sound dumb, but I would take a chance on Pac Man. But, the Krafts especially Myra would never allow that to happen. I'm going to throw this out there but a great place for Pac Man would be Philly.

Last edited:
This may sound dumb, but I would take a chance on Pac Man. But, the Krafts especially Myra would never allow that to happen. I'm going to throw this out there but a great place for Pac Man would be Philly.

i thought about it..thought he could change but he keeps popping up every 2 weeks being accused of something else while some charges have dropped but either way, Goodell was very disappointed in his meeting with Pacman recently, so no thanks and considering he got in a fight with Haynesworth in Tennessee sometime late in the season, away from the team.

Somehwere I heard that BB liked him a lot...Hmmmm...maybe..but I agree..I wouldn't make a big move for him...Interesting take on Asante...I wonder if other teams feel that way that maybe the green isn't out for him...

I'll take Antoine Cason in the draft, and pay a lot less for him, too.

DeAngelo Hall is a major upgrade over Asante.

I suspect the Falcons wold rather trade with Patriots than a team in their own conference.
I would offer this years second and a fourth rounder next year.

Pats have the dollars to pay Hall, since Samuel is gone.

I also would not hesitate to pick a CB in the draft as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft