PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gerard Warren being released possibly...any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Brace is a waste of resourses after 1 season. IIRC Vince Wilfork did not exactly light it up his first year either. I say we give the guy a little bit more time to prove himself. Maybe the OTA's, but if after that he is not showing pro bowl type stuff, we should just get rid of him.

Wow, Brace is a waste of resourses after 1 season. IIRC Vince Wilfork did not exactly light it up his first year either. I say we give the guy a little bit more time to prove himself. Maybe the OTA's, but if after that he is not showing pro bowl type stuff, we should just get rid of him.

again........wilforks problems were largely over-aggressiveness......braces is problem is he wasn't physically ready to step on an NFL field.......

a fat guy with no leverage

if you can't tell the difference, there's not much to say

this is not that far removed from kevin oconnell being deemed a waste after one year.....or chad jackson being deemed a waste after 1 plus....it happens with a fair amount of regularity

Last edited:
Re: Gerard Warren being released possibly .. any interest?

He's a DTackle. And we've got a full rotation between Wilfork, Wright, Brace and Pryor. He's not playing Dend for us at 330lbs.

I think he's been kind of a stiff, but at 6'4" I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. Out DEs are all college tackles and his height weight isn't a lot different than Seymour.

If he's in shape with a good attitude, that's a lot of ifs. Just saying a tall tackle isn't out of the question IMO.

Last edited:
Why the hell would we pay for this guy when we can just call up Terdell Sands? Sands is a better option and can be signed to a vet min. And give Brace a break guys! It's only been a year, yeesh.

Denver let him go for a conditional 5th to a rival, I'd trust Denvers opinion more than that of the Raiders.
True enough.

Warren was a bum in Cleveland.

He was a bum in Denver.

He was a bum in Oakland.

And he most assuredly would be a bum in New England, if they ever deigned to sign the guy (which, thankfully, they won't!).

Anyone who thinks this guy could help us ought to have his head examined.

And how this became a Ron Brace thread is beyond me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3