PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

General Patriots/NFL News

I think Josh Allen has reached a point where doubt is starting to creep in as to wether he can get over the hump. Same for Lamar. I don't think anyone has really crossed any of those sorts of barriers with Herbert yet. I think everyone thinks he's great and expect it will get better for the Chargers.

I think Josh Allen has reached a point where doubt is starting to creep in as to wether he can get over the hump. Same for Lamar. I don't think anyone has really crossed any of those sorts of barriers with Herbert yet. I think everyone thinks he's great and expect it will get better for the Chargers.
Yeah, maybe. The thing with Herbert is that he’s gotten some bad breaks (coaching, system changes, OL inconsistency, weapons never on the field together consistently, bad defenses etc..), but he himself has some technical issues to improve upon. He’s a great talent, but he needs to be better under pressure late in games. It’s as if he’s a HOF player through the first 3 quarters & then when the game is tied or they’re down 4+ he turns into Desmond Ridder. I don’t get it, but I believe Harbaugh’s run heavy ball control system will alleviate many of his issues. Also, Harbaugh’s never had a QB of this magnitude in the NFL. That should be interesting..

I just thought this was funny and wanted to share somewhere

Don't know where else to stick this, General Patriots fits I guess...

Allen has done more than enough to get over the hump, if not for some very bad decisions by his head coach.

Allen has done more than enough to get over the hump, if not for some very bad decisions by his head coach.
Allen is obviously just about as good as anyone not named Mahomes. But right now if you compare the class of the QBs behind Mahomes compared to the class of QBs behind Brady it's night and day. So yeah some of these kids still got a lot to prove. Purdy's shot on Sunday. Allen, Burrow, Lamar still got something to prove.

Allen is obviously just about as good as anyone not named Mahomes. But right now if you compare the class of the QBs behind Mahomes compared to the class of QBs behind Brady it's night and day. So yeah some of these kids still got a lot to prove. Purdy's shot on Sunday. Allen, Burrow, Lamar still got something to prove.
Certainly agree with that. Im just saying he would've gotten there if not for 2 horrible decisions by his coach

Miami just trimmed a bunch of money in cutting Emmanuel Ogbah and Xavien Howard. 31M saved.. But some big holes created.

Is this considered general news, or is there another thread for franchise tags/FA news?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back