PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game time grub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, not so much at the cold beer - I've got nothing against that - but the use of the words "Bud Lite" and "Beer Lovers" in the same sentence.

Sorry I didnt respond right away, I was detained with BUD LIGHT,.... ICE COLD, in a HALF YARD. So, on that note, WASPIE, I am glad that you realize how awesome and incredible "REAL" Football is, by being a UK Pats Fan. However, if you talk that kind of smack about BUD LIGHT in just about any bar or stadium in America, I am sure you would soon be on your way back to the Island. I am glad you are here, I am glad you posted on my thread, but don't mess with my BUD LIGHT. It's an American blue collar worker thing........... you would'nt understand.

Last edited:
In addition, to all of you who have posted in this thread. Thanks, it has really been cool to see your responses. GO PATS! ROCK THE FISH ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weeks game time meal, "FISH" STICKS, Suicide Hot Wings, Virginia Smoked & Fire Roasted Peanuts and ICE Cold BUD LIGHT Beer!!!!!!!!! GO PATS... BRING THE SMACK DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud Light is not good, let alone great beer. Sure, people like it, but I bet if you had people drink mouthwash often enough they'd 'like' that too! And the suggestion that "It's an American blue collar worker thing........... you would'nt understand" isn't much of a put down. You seem be suggesting that people with limited resources love what they can buy because that's all they can buy. you know, mouthwash is pretty cheap too....

Last edited:
Bud Light is not good, let alone great beer. Sure, people like it, but I bet if you had people drink mouthwash often enough they'd 'like' that too! And the suggestion that "It's an American blue collar worker thing........... you would'nt understand" isn't much of a put down. You seem be suggesting that people with limited resources love what they can buy because that's all they can buy. you know, mouthwash is pretty cheap too....

So...............Um................Sure...............I think. :confused: With a name like Brady'sButtBoy, I am kinda thinking I won't exactly be trusting YOUR judgement. But hey, good luck with the Buttboy thing and........... the MOUTHWASH thing, and whatever point you were trying to make. Thanks for posting. GO PATS!

Ditto to that. I'm starting to appreciate Sam Adams (all it takes is practice ;)) but Bud Lite and Coors Lite are unspeakable.

My routine here on Sunday means that I just get back home in time for the one o'clock games, having done some sports, so I am excited and hungry. I've settled on pasta with tomato and scallop sauce -- soothing on the stomach in the tension of a Pats game and can be prepared during time-outs!

Mike, Have you tried the Boston Ale yet?

For the record I should also mention that I was born into the Budweiser family. My Grandfather was a master Brewer with Budweiser and Anheuser Domestic for 51 years, My father is a Master Brewer for Budweiser and Budlight here in Virginia at the Williamsburg Brewery, and I own a Sports Bar that serves only Budweiser and Anheuser-Busch products. So please excuse my loyalty. However if you wanna try a great full bodied brew, get a hold of Anheuser's "Bare Knuckle Stout". Rediculously GREAT!
icon_logo_bareknuckle_stout.jpg

Has anyone ever been to RICHTERS on the green of YALE University? That place ROCKS!

Sorry I didnt respond right away, I was detained with BUD LIGHT,.... ICE COLD, in a HALF YARD. So, on that note, WASPIE, I am glad that you realize how awesome and incredible "REAL" Football is, by being a UK Pats Fan. However, if you talk that kind of smack about BUD LIGHT in just about any bar or stadium in America, I am sure you would soon be on your way back to the Island.

lol..yeah, to go to a hairdresser for a free one... are you serious?? no man drinks a bud light, only chicks

:D

For SB 38 I was at a sports bar and was full of food and beer well before gametime. For SB 39 I was home - I got a huge big monster thing of wings and once the game started, just looking at them made me want to throw up. After the game my wife had half a glass of the chilled champagne and I finished off the rest of the bottle along with the wings :)

For normal games, I just nibble, nothing too exciting.

SB36 (the big one), i was getting frisked for about an hour trying to get into the superdome... what i ate? no idea. didnt matter. no game can ever top that; unless it was named the snowbowl.

Bud Light is like flavored water. I can drink it when I'm thirsty, but not when I want an actual beer.

I usually just sit down with some Guinness and nachos. I don't put too much effort into things.

Has anyone ever been to RICHTERS on the green of YALE University? That place ROCKS!
I haven't but it was one of Mrs. CTPF's haunts (she went to SCSU and worked at Yale).

What's the deal with the Bare Knuckle Stout? Is there any distribution or is it still a limited release? I've got a nice, local package store that carries just about everthing you've heard of an a lot that you probably haven't. But I can't say that I've seen BKS on the shelves. I'd like to get my hands on some to try it.

For the record I should also mention that I was born into the Budweiser family. My Grandfather was a master Brewer with Budweiser and Anheuser Domestic for 51 years, My father is a Master Brewer for Budweiser and Budlight here in Virginia at the Williamsburg Brewery, and I own a Sports Bar that serves only Budweiser and Anheuser-Busch products. So please excuse my loyalty. However if you wanna try a great full bodied brew, get a hold of Anheuser's "Bare Knuckle Stout". Rediculously GREAT!

In that case, you are totally forgiven and allowed. Its the family heritage. Nuff said. So, when is AB gonna produce a really good and hoppy amber ale?

Mike, Have you tried the Boston Ale yet?

If that's what I had when I ordered a Sam Adams on draft -- sort of IPA-ish colour -- then, yes, I think so. Nice drink, although it was better when it warmed up in the glass.

I did some extensive beer research a week ago in a pub called the Thirsty Scholar in Somerville. Strongly recommended (most of the time we were drinking draft Harpoon IPA -- I think!). Lively but not so noisy you can't talk to your friends and there were some very good looking women in there (at least, there were by the end of the evening ;) ). But I've been pretty abstemious otherwise. I go to a lot of work-related receptions/dinners and, instead of the dodgy white wine, I generally ask for a Sam, which I enjoy much more. (I can drink or go without sleep these days -- but I don't seem to be able to do both any longer!)

If I get to Virginia, I shall DEFINITELY call in. And I would like to hear more about the beer and its tradition. I don't dislike the Budweiser style of beer -- on the contrary, I think it's very distinctive and refreshing. But the Buds I've had here have been quite flat and flavourless. Bud in the UK is something different again -- drinkable but very characterless. The advertising is usually great, though ...

(Actually I am an Anheuser Busch shareholder. Many years ago I had a small amount of money to invest and the broker wanted me to buy a fund that invested in the U.S. I thought it made sense to have some money in the U.S. but I am allergic to paying commission to smart-*rse City boys who think that they are a lot cleverer than they are and don't lose anyway if their bets don't come off. So I thought: "What is an investment that won't go out of fashion?" They've done me pretty well ...)

Why don't you start a bars and pubs thread in General Talk? I'll certainly post on it!

I've yet to attend an NFL game but I tend to go with Real Ale for drinking (i.e. none of that Bud or Carling gnat's p*ss) and a burger/ hot dog for eating. I have 280lbs to maintain and watching sports is high energy stuff.

If that's what I had when I ordered a Sam Adams on draft -- sort of IPA-ish colour -- then, yes, I think so. Nice drink, although it was better when it warmed up in the glass.

I did some extensive beer research a week ago in a pub called the Thirsty Scholar in Somerville. Strongly recommended (most of the time we were drinking draft Harpoon IPA -- I think!). Lively but not so noisy you can't talk to your friends and there were some very good looking women in there (at least, there were by the end of the evening ;) ). But I've been pretty abstemious otherwise. I go to a lot of work-related receptions/dinners and, instead of the dodgy white wine, I generally ask for a Sam, which I enjoy much more. (I can drink or go without sleep these days -- but I don't seem to be able to do both any longer!)

Hmmm, you probably had the lager. The ale is almost never found on tap. The ale is deep amber in color with a slight reddish tint. Very hoppy (which I like), featuring a tetnang(sp) hop, not too high in alpha acid meaning its not very bitter, yet nice and spicey from the hops. It is also best drank slightly warmed in the glass, to allow the hop aroma to permeate. If I had to criticize it, it would be the use of a bit too much irish moss, or other agent that adds that "musty" taste sometimes. But being originally from Britain, drinking beer just chilled should be nothing new?

If I get to Virginia, I shall DEFINITELY call in. And I would like to hear more about the beer and its tradition. I don't dislike the Budweiser style of beer -- on the contrary, I think it's very distinctive and refreshing. But the Buds I've had here have been quite flat and flavourless. Bud in the UK is something different again -- drinkable but very characterless. The advertising is usually great, though ...

(Actually I am an Anheuser Busch shareholder. Many years ago I had a small amount of money to invest and the broker wanted me to buy a fund that invested in the U.S. I thought it made sense to have some money in the U.S. but I am allergic to paying commission to smart-*rse City boys who think that they are a lot cleverer than they are and don't lose anyway if their bets don't come off. So I thought: "What is an investment that won't go out of fashion?" They've done me pretty well ...)

Why don't you start a bars and pubs thread in General Talk? I'll certainly post on it!

Great idea on the post Mike. Please do stop by if your ever in Smithfield, Virginia. My place is called HAMTOWN Sports Pub & Grill. My mum is from the UK. She was born in Lakenheath. My cousins and alotof my family are there and also live in London. Best of luck. GO PATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes