Welcome to PatsFans.com

Game time grub?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Hamtown, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Hamtown

Hamtown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What is your favorite Food & Drink during game time? Either at the Stadium, a Bar, or at Home. Also if you know of any pregame / postgame meals that players eat feel free to share. Just thought it would be cool to see how similar or different we all are. GO PATS!!!!

My Favorite Game Time Food Is:
    Hot & Extra Spicy Buffalo Wings with Bleu Cheese Dressing.
    [​IMG]

My Favorite Game Time Drink Is:
    Ice Cold BUD LIGHT
    [​IMG]

ATHLETE MEALS: Larry Bird used to eat a Porter House Steak and 2 Fried Eggs in the morning on every game day.
    [​IMG]

This WEEKEND my favorite food is LION MEAT! GO GET EM' PATTYS!
  2. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There was a similiar thread to this a bit ago.Anywho,My Fav Game time Grub would definately have to Be..Several Beer Brats,a bowl of Clam chowder and A six Pack of BUD LIGHT.Good Stuff.Though,I have a tendency to not be able to eat and watch the game at the same time.Food goes cold...Beer always dissapears though :cool:
  3. Hamtown

Hamtown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I seem to have that problem too. Food gets nibbled beer goes BYE BYE!
    If we are behind then the beer goes BYE BYE very quickly!!!! GO PATS!
  4. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

GoodStuff,lol..Welcome to the Boards Hamtown..Good to have ya Bud..
  5. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Good thread! I have a keg fridge so I keep making my way to the tap. I live in Canada so the is pretty good up here, usually a local microbrewery, usually a lager.

..other than that, I usually eat fruit, and popcorn. I figure the beer is killing me during the game ...[​IMG]

:)
  6. DropKick

DropKick Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Once the game starts

Drink: Martini
    Food: Olives

Before

At a pub, Nachos, loaded.
    Home, a big plate of pasta
  7. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Tailgate staples:
    Marinated Steak Tips
    Chinese Links (those bright-red, sweet chinese sausages)
    BBQ Wings
    Sausage & Peppers or Beer Brats

And usually one seasonal special dish-Shrimp Boil, Chowda, Chili, nice Steaks, Baby Back Ribs

Beverages:
    Sam Adams Light, Bud Light, Jack and Coke, a little Blackberry Brandy when the temps plummet

Cigars:
    Usually a cheapo Backwoods (Original or Black & Sweet) early on in the day (started on those back in my snowplowing days as a young buck-they never dry out!)

About an hour before breakdown:
    Some favorites: Arturo Fuente Double Chateau, Macanudo Maduro, I've really been into the Acid Ones lately
  8. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No way. No reason to sacrifice good eatin'. When we started out tailgating 14+ years ago we did the "welfare burgers" (70% Lean) and Milwaukee's Best. As our wallets and bellies grew, so did our tailgate spread. As long as it's not healthy, it's all good! But, I agree with you though on the wine and sushi part.

Once inside the game, that's another matter. Hotdog (mustard only), maybe a sausage and a bag of peanuts and I'm fine. Well, and an $8 beer or two.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  9. Hamtown

Hamtown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have to agree with you guys too on the Dog, nothing like a JUICY DOG and a cold beer at a game. I'll take that with Chopped Onions, Mustard, Ketchup, and Kraut. BOOO YAH! I know what I'm havin for dinner.
    [​IMG]
  10. TeamPats

TeamPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Food: That famous dip that everyone has a different recipe for that involes cream cheese and salsa heated up with cheddar cheese.

Drink: Some ice cold Yuengling, a habit I picked up at my alma mater PSU.
  11. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yuengling has a pretty dang good lager! IIRC, they're America's oldest brewery. I have a conference in Philly every couple of years so I usually bring a couple of cases back home with me when I go. Coincidentally while I was down there two years ago I caught a documentary on the history of the brewery on one of the local cable stations that was real interesting. They showed the underground storage caves.
  12. Krugman

Krugman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sounds like good eatin'(and drinking!) to me,I'm easy to please,good pizza and /or wings,that Reuben of Nems' sounds pretty good...depending on the game(during playoffs) I will have a few belts,either Warsteiner or Blue,sometimes Captain Krazy white with coke.
  13. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh boy, where to start. I eat so much everything that I almost always look like the fat kid. During tailgates I have upwards of three burgers and all that jazz, then I try to get a Bratt or Italia Sausage, with maybe chicken fingers thrown in.

If I was old enough I would enjoy a nice cool Beer to wash it down with, of course I do that anyways.
    Whoops, I mean...

... I drink Iced Tea.
  14. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Nice catch ;)
  15. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At home I don't eat much and will drink beer only for about half of the games. The Pats get my undivided attention.

When I'm at the games, we walk from my Aunt's so we usually do not tailgate. I'll stop at the packy on RT 1 for a "roadie" occasionally. That's it though. The bathroom lines are RIDICULOUS and if I had more beer I would miss entire parts of the game. During cold weather we might bring in a flask. Shhh don't tell Bob Kraft.

Tailgating for Eagles game when I lived in Philly or Donkees games here in Denver is an entirely different story.

Buffalo wings and perogies in my deep fryer. Sausages with peppers and onions. homemade burgers. Those hockey puck burgers are for the homeless. Chips, dips etc. Nathan's hot dogs. We have cooked tuna steaks and made curly fries from scratch in the past too. Also crab cakes once. Plenty of beer of course. And back in my young days we'd pass a bottle or two around. Hey it was Philly. It was required...
  16. Bargod

Bargod Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tailgating:
    ==========
    Shrimp ****tail
    Chips
    Chicken wings and fried food of the day in the turkey fryer
    Steak tips
    Burgers
    Boneless barbecue ribs
    and some kind of dip or cheese and cracker thing somebody packs.
    Sam Adams and Bud

When the weather gets warmer and play-offs get closer it's Jambalaya time. I make a vat that will feed 30 people easily.

Inside
    =====
    Peanuts
    $10 Sam

Home
    ====
    Sam Adams
    Burgers and dogs
    sometimes steak tips
    Quesadillas on the electric fry pan
    more Sam Adams
    Glenlivet or Macallen 12 yr if they Lose
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  17. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, if I am not stuck at work, the beverage of choice is my own amber ale, poured straight from my keg. If between batches, its Sam Adams Boston ALE (not the lager). It tastes closest. If at work, it's diet Moxie.:(

Either way, its Italian sausage subs w/peppers and onions as the staple. Other items include marinated grilled lime shrimp on a skewer, chowder, steamers, grilled marinated steak or chicken teriaki (sp), tortilla chips and 7layer dip. I will also tailor the menu to reflect opponent or location on occasion.
  18. thebigheaded12

thebigheaded12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i am to young to drink so yea..i drink coke and eat rice and fisheads..HAHA:rocker:
  19. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I try my hardest sometimes.
  20. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +718 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

I prefer a fine chablis, properly but not too heavily chilled.
    A light quiche served with exquisite silverware.
    Perhaps an elegant pastry to celebrate a victory.