PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game time grub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer a fine chablis, properly but not too heavily chilled.
A light quiche served with exquisite silverware.
Perhaps an elegant pastry to celebrate a victory.

Are you Serious? You cant just settle for a Hot Dog and a cold beer?

I prefer a fine chablis, properly but not too heavily chilled.
A light quiche served with exquisite silverware.
Perhaps an elegant pastry to celebrate a victory.

Do you also sit in the red seats?

I'm normally too nervous to eat or drink much. Couple of beers and a pretzel will usually do it for me. Sometimes some peanuts if my old man happens to get some. Once in a while a sang-witch.

During playoff games and super bowls I can't eat anything or I'll barf. I'm not kidding. I sometimes think it would be easier to play the games rather than watch them, I get so nervous. And somehow it keeps getting worse every year.

Game time grub?

I suppose if I had to choose I'd go with shishkabob. But generally I don't like them at all - game time or anytime

grubs.jpg

I'm normally too nervous to eat or drink much. Couple of beers and a pretzel will usually do it for me. Sometimes some peanuts if my old man happens to get some. Once in a while a sang-witch.

During playoff games and super bowls I can't eat anything or I'll barf. I'm not kidding. I sometimes think it would be easier to play the games rather than watch them, I get so nervous. And somehow it keeps getting worse every year.

Same here Pat. Doesn't matter if a great meal is being served next to me with a great aroma drifting under my nose. Just can't eat while the game is on. The other problem I have is, if the game is on late, like a playoff game, I can forget about sleeping till the other side of midnight.

Gee ... not one poster going for the B.Spears Taco???

My wife makes green chile chicken enchilladas. say that ten times fast. SHe is a diet coke fiend and I usually drink Fat Tire.

Great topic

This WEEKEND my favorite food is LION MEAT! GO GET EM' PATTYS!
PETA is on you now.

Food: Chips and salsa or cheese

Drink: Coke, Mountain Dew (great for late games since it keeps me awake and makes me bounce off the walls until 3 am:D)

I forgot to mention my Celebration ritual if we win! After a win for the PATS I like to down a Half Yard. For the Beer lovers among us you know what a treat this is. I usually fill the Half Yard with ICE COLD BUD LIGHT! All 42 ounces worth. YUMMY!
l_0228.jpg

GO PATS!

If im at the game- Italian Sausage, and some Brew

If im at home - pizza and beer

If Im at a bar- Wings and beer..

I forgot to mention my Celebration ritual if we win! After a win for the PATS I like to down a Half Yard. For the Beer lovers among us you know what a treat this is. I usually fill the Half Yard with ICE COLD BUD LIGHT! All 42 ounces worth. YUMMY!
GO PATS!

The Brits probably got shivers down their spines! :)

thanks for the post and welcome to the Board. this brings back memories for me of when i was a kid and my dad would take me to his old High School's game on Thanksgiving morning. i can still smell the Hot Chocolate and taste the Peanuts we would shell sitting in the cold, just the two of us "guys" with Mom staying home, with thoughts of the Turkey that night filling my mind... thanks for bringing that nice memory back to me in the middle of a busy day...

Ok......all this talk of food has gotten me hungry! I'll be at the Pats vs. Texans game next weekend. Point me in the direction of all these awesome pre-game eats! Where you gonna be?! I'll be traveling from Pennsylvania, so I can bring the Yuengling Lager! :D

During playoff games and super bowls I can't eat anything or I'll barf. I'm not kidding.
:D

For SB 38 I was at a sports bar and was full of food and beer well before gametime. For SB 39 I was home - I got a huge big monster thing of wings and once the game started, just looking at them made me want to throw up. After the game my wife had half a glass of the chilled champagne and I finished off the rest of the bottle along with the wings :)

For normal games, I just nibble, nothing too exciting.

The Brits probably got shivers down their spines!

Yes, not so much at the cold beer - I've got nothing against that - but the use of the words "Bud Lite" and "Beer Lovers" in the same sentence.

Geez, what the hell happened to the good old hot dog and coke. When I was a kid, at the ballkpark, all you ever had was a dog with Guldens Mustard, a coke and a bag of peanuts.

And,to this day, thats all I ever want if I am at a game. REAL FAN FOOD.

Leave the wine and sushi to the red seat crowd.

Come on nem, weren't you just talking about a reuben sandwich and a country salad?? :D

Yes, not so much at the cold beer - I've got nothing against that - but the use of the words "Bud Lite" and "Beer Lovers" in the same sentence.

That's where I was going :)

Ditto to that. I'm starting to appreciate Sam Adams (all it takes is practice ;)) but Bud Lite and Coors Lite are unspeakable.

My routine here on Sunday means that I just get back home in time for the one o'clock games, having done some sports, so I am excited and hungry. I've settled on pasta with tomato and scallop sauce -- soothing on the stomach in the tension of a Pats game and can be prepared during time-outs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back