PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Thoughts Bills Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are on BOB because Brady doesn't determine the personnel on the field at any given time, although the calls and any adjustments or audibles he makes are predicated not only on what the defense is presenting but the options he has in changing the play from a personnel on the field perspective... The communication between the QB and the OC is not two way... Brady can't call for plays or personnel, he works within the confines of what the OC has called and the personnel he has sent onto the field. Or he calls a time out because he doesn't like any of his options against what a defense is presenting.

Manning is given three plays to choose from but he can also basically call anything he wants because the Colts don't feature the number of personnel packages we do. They opearte largely out of a base offense and seldom change things up. It's much more difficult to run a hurry up or no huddle offense when guys are shuttling in and out of the offense like rotational passrushers... Execution and everyone being on the same page becomes paramount. Otherwise the tactic causes as many problems for the offense as it was hoped to cause for the opposing defense.

He threw four picks. Three (minimum) are Brady's fault.

Quit making excuses. This loss is on the QB.

The defense gave the offense ample chances to close the game out and four inteceptions was the result including a pick six.

The defense, BOB, receivers, tailgaters, Bendictine Nuns, African pack dogs didn't lock in and under throw the receivers, the QB did.

Why this board refuses to place the blame where it's deserved it a complete mystery.

Well, I was going to kill myself but then I realized its a game that I have no controll over and that its not a one game season..so I took the rope off my neck, climbed down off the chair and said "what the heck, I bet there is a 99 percent chance the pats make the playoffs and the bills don't."

If the Pats lose to the Bills again this season then I'll start to really worry.

As I pointed out before, when our Qb throws four picks and has arguably one f his worse games in his career and he manages to put up 31 points on the road against a divisional rival, we in good shape specially since Hernandez was out I think he is one of the most vital piece of the offense next to Welker and Gronk I think I might go as far as being more vital than branch seeing that our last two losses since the browns game Hernandez was injured in the jets game after his hip injury and was out during the bills. Hopefully we have him 100% going vs the jets for now let's beat the raiders

The defense gave the offense ample chances to close the game out and four inteceptions was the result including a pick six.

I'm not sure how you can blame Brady for either of the line tips. Did anybody really blame Rivers for the Wilfork INT? That was just a great individual effort and there's no way Rivers would have anticipated Vince doing that more than Brady can anticipate lineman coming off the blocks and deflecting passes.

The Gronkowski pick is on Brady but I'd still contend if they went play action and not open backfield the Safety might have been more shallow allowing Brady to lead Gronk to the middle for an easier reception. That said it was a bad pass.

The other one was behind the receiver and tipped upward which was unfortunate but you still have to put that mostly on the QB with an assist by the receiver.

Maybe you disagree with what I've said above but it's not because I won't blame Brady or because I'm a homer. I'd be consistent in this analysis be the QB Brady, Manning, Rivers or whoever.

NE after week 3

Points against - 27th
3rd down defense - 25th
Redzone defense - 23rd

No, theres nothing wrong with the Pats D. Its all Bradys fault.:rolleyes:

NE after week 3

Points against - 27th
3rd down defense - 25th
Redzone defense - 23rd

No, theres nothing wrong with the Pats D. Its all Bradys fault.:rolleyes:

Looks like an improvement to me.

Who said it was all Brady's fault?

The "GOOD"

The offense?

Did you miss the FOUR picks? One of the picks was a "pick six"?

Ian

Seriously, is this what you want in this site?

Offense scored 31 points. Did you miss that part? How many points does our offense have to score to help the defense? Does our offense need to put up 45 points to help our defense?

LOL at you pleading to Ian. This isn't day care. Are you gonna go home and take your ball too?:D

I'm sure that BB would vigorously nod in approval if Tom just ran into the stands whenever the defense got the ball. As far as not looking good, I think TB has earned everybody's respect regardless of his tackling prowess or lack thereof.

If Brady tackles the guy before scoring, our defense possibly could have held up and only surrender a FG. That would be a big difference. As bad as our defense was playing, you never know. Our goal line D did well the two previous games.

What does having respect have to do with the defense wanting an opportunity to make a stand? Our you trying to imply that their respect for Brady trumps whatever pride the defense have? That's a weird logic.

This defense is brutal!Yes Brady threw 4 picks but how about the defense getting a damn stop!!!I keep harping it over and over as to why this team keeps drafting terribly and why they dont draft a pass rusher.

The offense has become so damn predictable as well.Getting no production from the outside wrs.This team is going nowhere if the players on the outside dont contribute.

Not sure where to post this but looking at the standings this loss is no biggie, a joke really. Only 3 undefeated teams and none are contenders imo, Bills/Lions for obvious reasons, Packers because NFC teams don't repeat, not since the Cowboys in the early 90s, hell they don't even repeat SB appearances and if we face them it is on neutral ground.

At the time I was pissed like why let a weak BUF team beat you when you are miles ahead of them, but really it doesn't matter because we are still #1 in the AFC (assuming BUF is BUF). Last year we started 2-1 and won 12 out of 13, if we beat the Jets in NY then we can go 15-1 (going by the idea of one upset per year), Brady won't throw 4 picks again, and therefore we won't be held to a SHOCKING 31 points to often lol.

Last edited:

The defense, BOB, receivers, tailgaters, Bendictine Nuns, African pack dogs didn't lock in and under throw the receivers, the QB did.

Why this board refuses to place the blame where it's deserved it a complete mystery.

ONE pick is his fault, the seam throw to Gronk that should have been a jump ball that Gronk and nobody else could pluck out of the air.

Also Brady spot the team a 21-0 halftime lead. You can't ask for more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye