PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 3: Pats @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you could say 'they were who you thought they were'...

theyarewhowethoughttheywere_display_image.jpg

Yeah. Which is what kind of scares me. Oakland was running the most vanilla and simple offense you could imagine and our secondary let Cambell and depth receivers light them up at will. McFadden would be wide open in the flats (literally no Bills player within ten yards of him) and if the Raiders even thought about running a screen, you may as well had given them the first down right there. Oak was an absurd 8/12 on third downs. The only thing our defense did right was shut their running game down. Our defensive line was stout and played well the entire game. But we got no sacks on Cambell because we rarely blitzed (I mean, it had to be maybe five times total the entire game) and our three to four man rush wasn't getting to Cambell in time because he had either max protection or threw quick passes. And it worked.

I like to think it was because our gameplan was stop the run game; forget the rest, and that we were looking ahead to the Patriots game and gameplanned for that which is why we let Oak get the better of us before we made adjustments at the half. Wishful thinking, but still, what happened in that first quarter was inexcusable.

Last edited:
I have two tickets 10 rows up at the goalline.

We're got 4 tickets about 5 rows off the field in the corner/end zone. The last time we took the ride out to Buffalo was in 07 when they moved it to a night game and Pats lit them up (Moss had something like 4 TD's in the first half if I remember correctly). I'm figuring this week's game will be a little different, but I still think the Pats will score plenty of points.

Living in Buffalo, I can tell you about an X-factor for this game. For the last several years, the game has been played in December under cold conditions. Mostly it's just been cold, 20 degrees or so, sometimes freezing. Once it was 60 degrees, but with a constant 60 mph wind (remember the goalposts leaning, Gost's futile kicks, Cassel's incredible punt that rolled all the way downfield?).

Usually, the Bills players were listless. Felt cold, looked cold, and had little to play for.

This game, coming so early in the year, will be different in terms of energy. I hope the crowd is less rowdy too. I have two tickets 10 rows up at the goalline.

Being a Bills fan and someone who will also be there, I can assure you this will be as rowdy a crowd as you have ever seen at Rich. That place will be cranked up, no need for a 4.00pm start for Bills fans to all nice and lubed up:D..

Now if Pats go up 14-0 again in the first..wont last long either..and I just have no idea how we are going to slow down Brady:confused:

Another 6-5ft receiver. This game is going to be a shootout.

I'll go out on a limb and say Patriots 31, Bills 35

Yes... the Buffalo Bills finally get one over the great Tom Brady. /cue board meltdown

The Pats just need to get off to a good start.

If they fall behind Buffalo early, there will be problems.

Another 6-5ft receiver. This game is going to be a shootout.

Neither of their 6'4+ receivers run routes half as good a Jackson does..

That being said, it's still going to be a tough game..

Being a Bills fan im actually surprised the respect we are getting from you guys. I for one am nervous about this game. I just dont think we can stop Brady...we are 0-15 against him the last 15 or so i dont know how we are going to change that.

but surprised you guys have that much respect for the bills this season. considering a lot of pats fans ive met at bills games were, well, disrespectful as they come.

hoping for a good game sunday...

also go see the troop thread and vote for us please...thanks

I hope it's a clean game....a fair game. I hope everyone gets a chance to play. I believe the Johnson's are bringing the juice boxes and trophies will be given out to all the players after the game.

2 wins to start off the season is impressive for Buffalo. I think you have reason for optimism. However like you said, the Bills have been owned by the Pats on a perenial basis now. It's gonna be a tough game. Looking forward to it! Go Pats!

I wouldn't say the Bills overachieved. KC and Oak were two of the teams we thought we could handle. Our offense looks a damn sight better than what we're used to, but it seems we have the same ol' terrible defense, save our defensive line actually being decent.

Most Bills fans, myself included, are using the Patriots game as a measuring stick of where we're at. Quite simply, we have to be able to defeat teams like NE in order to establish ourselves and build a winning culture in Buffalo after a decade of suffering and decay.

I'm much more confident going into this game than in years passed, I'll tell you, but it is the Pats we're talking about here. And the Bills seem to love jobbing to them.

I'm looking forward to the matchup, regardless.

This will be a tough game for us. The Pats will likely win, but a loss would not shock me. The Bills deserve some respect and I, for one, am giving it to them. I am positive that BB and the coaching staff are genuinely not taking this game lightly and, if they're wise, the players won't either.

I'll be one of the first to praise what hte Bills have accomplished. But they have to do more to prove they are real. Fitzpatrick appears to be getting it. He's a pretty good QB. The Bills have had some receivers emerge on their offense. But it takes more than that to beat the Pats.

Tom Brady has an INDOMITABLE WILL to win. He is one of the fiercest competitors on the planet. And this season he is surrounded by a vast array of weapons and an offensive line that has made him feel VERY SAFE and secure as he has reeled off back to back 400+ yard games. The Bills secondary better have improved by light years over last year or they will be in trouble vs Brady who looks primed to pull off his 3rd 400+ yard game unless the Buffalo can put some serious pressure on him in the pocket.

So I have the Pats winning this game 38-17. No disrespect to what the Bills have accomplished, they just haven't played against THIS team and THIS offense yet. 2011 is gonna be epic. Just watch and see.

I think the Bills are the toughest team so far that the Patriots will face - more physical and mental toughness than the Fins or the Chargers. The Bills are completely familiar with Brady and the Pats. They have nothing to lose like the Chargers who came in all skittish about proving they were as good as everybody says they are. And, the Bills are coached by a guy who's not freaked out late in games like "Don't Lose, Don't Lose, Pleeeease Don't Lose" Norv Turner.

I have this one as a loss by the Pats 34-31.

Neither of their 6'4+ receivers run routes half as good a Jackson does..

That being said, it's still going to be a tough game..

You're right DB....it's not the package,but the player...VJ's performance was the best I've ever seen against the pats.It seemed like he was possessed....and no one,I mean no one,throws a better long ball than Rivers.:rocker:

One of these years the bills will beat us ..... the are overdue.. and this is the best bills team in a while...

Yeah i am actually nervous for this one...and i am going to miss it because of work...ugh

I think it will come down to last Q like this past game almost..but Pats will get a key turnover

Found this on a Buffalo Bills board:

x9x3y.png

I wouldn't say the Bills overachieved. KC and Oak were two of the teams we thought we could handle. Our offense looks a damn sight better than what we're used to, but it seems we have the same ol' terrible defense, save our defensive line actually being decent.

Most Bills fans, myself included, are using the Patriots game as a measuring stick of where we're at. Quite simply, we have to be able to defeat teams like NE in order to establish ourselves and build a winning culture in Buffalo after a decade of suffering and decay.

I'm much more confident going into this game than in years passed, I'll tell you, but it is the Pats we're talking about here. And the Bills seem to love jobbing to them.

I'm looking forward to the matchup, regardless.
I find your candid post to be quite refreshing, good sir.

I am hoping for an injury-free W for us but bracing for a difficult game.

Wish Ocho has some nice catches and develops as a significant threat in the absence of Hernandez.

And, I have a feeling that our D will be more stout and get off the field quickly. :)

For some reason I was more confident about pats vs chargers than I am about pats vs bills for some reason. Last year was a pretty close game when we went to buffalo.

For some reason I was more confident about pats vs chargers than I am about pats vs bills for some reason. Last year was a pretty close game when we went to buffalo.

Well, it was close in New England in Fitz's first start of the year..game in Buffalo was not close.

I live in Richmond VA now, but will be at the game on Sunday, and I go to quite few Bills-Pats games in both Bosto and Buffalo. The Pats are alwats well represented in the Ralph..so just a quick heads up.They have started to make people park "Disney Style" when entering lot 2 or 3..in other you must park next to the car that came in in front of you. As well the Bills lots do not open until 9AM this year, as opposed to 8 am before.Also, they have shut the road down in front of the stadium(Abbott Road).

Now there have been differing opinions on the effects the changes have made, but reports from first game was private lots were packed and lot 2 and 3 were each about half empty, and that traffic was snarled more than normal due to Abbott being shut down.

Fun lot for Pats fans is Hammers Lot Hammer's Lot - The TBD preferred Tailgate Spot

...we take it easy on the not so bright Pats fans...I kid..I kid:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick