PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game #2: The Chargers Come To Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to talk about this game yet? ;)

I was shocked at how good NE looked today. We're in midseason form. Meanwhile, SD looks real flat at home. Good chance they could start the season 0-2.

I just wasn't expecting the offense to be clicking like it is. We just need to show up at home vs. SD. I don't want a repeat of the "revenge" game vs. Denver in last year's regular season game. :(
Yup, now we can talk about it! :D

I am really looking forward to the SD game. Watching them play the Bears right now and "Da Bears" are absolutely stifling the Chargers offense. Our D didn't play as well they can today, IMO - they allowed the Jets to convert 6 of 9 3rd downs and 2 of 2 red zone opportunities. We'll have to do better than that against the Chargers, though, I think.

Being the home opener, and given all the talk we have heard from the Chargers since last year's playoffs, our fans should be tear them apart (metaphorically of course). The Pats should be psyched up too. I expect us to win 28-14.

I think that the Chargers fans are very misguided sometimes......so many never obviously heard teh video of their team absolutely trashing and disrespecting the Pats after that home game you are referring to, and the endless trashtalking by Merriman and others the week prior to their game last year...........all while the Pats players remained relatively quiet that week.....Made Merriman look like a horse's you know what!

In all seriousness, I do NOT see the Pats losing to SD at the Razor.....especially after what I saw today......I think it will be a close game...and will post my prediction later this week.....

Gotta admit, it's great to have such a high-profile game this early in the season to get pumped up for! For any Pats fans who visit the Chargers site, please tell the BestChowda sends his regards.

We'll need to do a far better job of stopping Tomlinson if we hope to shut their mouths until the end of the year. If we can get our own running game going, that may be the best way to keep the ball out of LT hands. We know we'll be able to move the ball through the air, but we'll need more balance on offense to control the game.

I LOVE the fact we have Adalius Thomas' speed to help stop LT!

what is it with sd...after every defensive play they are jumping up and down cheering..........

I'd love to see the Chargers go 0-2 to start the season. That would have huge implications for the rest of the year :D

I know the Bears are pretty good and everything but the Chargers do not instill fear here.
Norv Turner has no control of this team.

It's getting a little dicey in San Diego. Bad call by the refs take the Chargers out of scoring position.

Very strange game. Whoever wins this will either be extremely lucky or cagey enough to capitalize on a screw-up.

This thing couldn't be scripted in Hollywood.

Chargers score on a fine pass from TOMLINSON to Gates.

Last edited:
Bears are sucking in San Diego....looks like the Chargers will pull off this ugly piece of a footbal game.

I am so looking forward to the Chargers coming to Foxboro next week! I've joined the Chargers Fan forum several times under various screennames because they are so sensitive, they keep banning me. I'm dead serious when I tell you I've never said anthing that chargers fans would get banned on this site for.

Last week I brought up their ticket policy they implemented to prevent Pats fans from getting tickets. One fan called me a liar, so I pasted an article from the LA Times that proved they tried to prevent Pats fans from getting tickets to the AFC semi-finals...and they "suspended" me.
Good for them! Trolls should not be tolerated.

Has anyone seen an early line on the game? I'm thinking Pats -6

Good for them! Trolls should not be tolerated.
It's a tough board. The mods don't allow opposing teams fans to post to their game-day thread, and should we beat them next week, we will have to tip toe around the site; the mods have hair triggers on the ban buttons.

They're pretty psyched over there with their win today. They think they can withstand the Patriot defense and score points. They figure we can't hold LT, and Gates will feast on our secondary.

Note to Hobbs and Samuel: If LT goes on a wide sweep, don't leave your coverage!

Charger fans are lame. Half of their stadium today was occupied by Chicago fans.

Charger fans are lame. Half of their stadium today was occupied by Chicago fans.
That's true, and a friend of mine from Irvine, CA went on Ticketmaster last night hoping to find some tickets. He was surprised and happy to find out the place wasn't sold out, and he got two loge aisle seats. Lovely day for football here in So Cal....and the Chargers have some great tailgating parties.

i think you'd be way off

it's going to be pats - 2 at the most
I heard 5, but three of those are home field advantage...that makes it a real 2.

Good win today over a bad Jets team that is still getting their act together.

The Pats are going to have to play allot better next week to beat the 2nd best team in the league. (Colts are #1).

The D gave up 14 points to noddle arm and his crappy O-line. Next week they face what could be the best line since the Cowboy teams of the 90's. Gonna take a career effort to prevail in the trenches.

Having AT helps to contain Gates. That's one reason BB/SP picked him up.

This is where Rodney would be a huge factor but sadly the league felt they had to even the playing field by suspending him.

Hopefully having a varsity set of WR's will make the difference.

Chargers should be favored by 1 in this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes