PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game #2: The Chargers Come To Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Chargers bulletin board has been lit up since their playoff loss last January with a whole lot of 'hate the Patriots' stuff. They are all bruised and condemn Ellis Hobbs and a couple others for disrespecting them by dancing on their mid-field logo.

The Chargers are loaded both on offense and on defense. The Pats took advantage of Charger errors in January and beat the favored team on their home turf.

The Chargers have changed coaches, but essentially their team is in tact and healthy. Tomlinson has yet to suit up...he played no games in the pre-season, and Shawn Merriman is chomping at the bit to get at the Pats offense.

The last time the Chargers came into Foxboro they buried the Pats.

What do you think will happen with this great match up in Foxboro on September 16? The players shouldn't look beyond Sunday's game, but we can do it. Do the Patriots really have the tools to beat an incredibly well-manned San Diego Charger team, and what will they have to do to beat them?

Patriots 28 Chargers 24

Re: Game #2 The Chargers Come To Foxboro

One game at a time!!!

The Chargers bulletin board has been lit up since their playoff loss last January with a whole lot of 'hate the Patriots' stuff. They are all bruised and condemn Ellis Hobbs and a couple others for disrespecting them by dancing on their mid-field logo.

The Chargers are loaded both on offense and on defense. The Pats took advantage of Charger errors in January and beat the favored team on their home turf.

The Chargers have changed coaches, but essentially their team is in tact and healthy. Tomlinson has yet to suit up...he played no games in the pre-season, and Shawn Merriman is chomping at the bit to get at the Pats offense.

What do you think will happen with this great match up in Foxboro on September 16? The players shouldn't look beyond Sunday's game, but we can do it. Do the Patriots really have the tools to beat an incredibly well-manned San Diego Charger team, and what will they have to do to beat them?

Patriots 28 Chargers 24

Why TF are you talking about this game now?

Relax until the Jets game is over

Stupid post considering game 1 is not even here yet..We might as well be talking about the last game of the season against the Giants for cripes sake

As the previous guy said - One game at a time!

Why TF are you talking about this game now?

Relax until the Jets game is over

Stupid post considering game 1 is not even here yet..We might as well be talking about the last game of the season against the Giants for cripes sake

As the previous guy said - One game at a time!
Don't like the thread, don't read the thread. Let the players and coaches take one game at a time...we aren't hindered in our examination of any game.

Dial back your attitude a bit...high blood pressure will kill you.

Who cares? People in San Diego aren't sports fans anyways. They get more joy out of watching the sunset than watching the Bolts or Padres win.

Who cares? People in San Diego aren't sports fans anyways. They get more joy out of watching the sunset than watching the Bolts or Padres win.
Wellll.....living in So Cal, I would have to disagree with that assessment. Charger fans are very much into their football team....especially the past two years. The September 16 game has been scuttlebutt on their boards since the Pats beat them last January.

They should worry about the Bears atm

They should worry about the Bears atm
They are concerned about the Bears, but they stress about the Patriots.

we're playing the jets. We'll talk about the chargers Sunday at 5pm.

Patriots 28 Chargers 24
Any you're from the OC? This is just plain repulsive.

we're playing the jets. We'll talk about the chargers Sunday at 5pm.
Yea, that too. We've got the Bears this Sunday. Plenty of time to talk next week.

I get a kick out of fans who think they need to take one game at a day.

Newsflash: YOU AREN'T INVOLVED WITH THE TEAM.

Whether or not you are thinking about the Jets, Chargers, Colts, it don't matter. The team is the one preparing for the game.

So if a FAN of the team wants to look ahead one week to a huge game vs. SD, let them.

Gosh how dare a fan look ahead one week to a game that might decide home field advantage for the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Whether or not you are thinking about the Jets, Chargers, Colts, it don't matter. The team is the one preparing for the game.

So if a FAN of the team wants to look ahead one week to a huge game vs. SD, let them.

Gosh how dare a fan look ahead one week to a game that might decide home field advantage for the playoffs. :rolleyes:
Pffft. Don't be silly. It's not about that. I don't know about you but I honestly do not have the time to engage every fan of every team on our schedule this year all at once. I'm pretty busy right now talking it up with Bears fans. I'll be at Gillette on the 16th and I'll have more than a few words to say leading up to that date next week. But until then I'm gonna have to apportion my time accordingly. :)

EDIT: Ok there are only 10 different teams on anyone's schedule but I hope you understand my point. Plus I've got the faiduhs and the donkeys in my teams division. That's always an ongoing discussion throughout the season.

Last edited:

What you don't seem to understand is that suppose an injury happens to a prominent player such as Maroney,Samuel or Brady ect: which can affect the next game.

Don't you think that predicting an outcome without knowing what will result in this upcoming game is just grasping at straws? - I do

What you don't seem to understand is that suppose an injury happens to a prominent player such as Maroney,Samuel or Brady ect: which can affect the next game.

Don't you think that predicting an outcome without knowing what will result in this upcoming game is just grasping at straws? - I do

Who was talking predicting an outcome? The OP wanted to discuss the game. If Brady fell off the bus and sprained his elbow before the game on Sunday, does that invalidate all the discussions that happened for that game? Your scenario allows for no discussion of any game cause, guess what..players get hurt.

In general, if your not interested in a discussion, why are you trying to force that disinterest on others?

Last edited:

Any you're from the OC? This is just plain repulsive.
What's so repulsive about it? I paid my dues...I spent 55 of the most miserable winters anyone can suffer through in Maine.

This thread is not about the Colts so we are making some improvement.

Personally, I need to look at the Jets and that's all I'm thinkng about this week. If other want to look ahead that's fine.

Thanks for the support, Tom....my philosophy to a T. The Jets game is a game. The Chargers game will be an event, because if they beat the Pats for the second consecutive time in Foxboro, we who support the Patriots on THEIR bulletin board will have to do double duty.

In addition, if the Patriots are to live up to their expectations put upon them by the media, they will have to go through the Chargers in the playoffs, and I have a sneaky feeling the Chargers won't make the errors they did last January. The Jets are chopped liver...the Chargers are dangerous.

Pffft. Don't be silly. It's not about that. I don't know about you but I honestly do not have the time to engage every fan of every team on our schedule this year all at once. I'm pretty busy right now talking it up with Bears fans. I'll be at Gillette on the 16th and I'll have more than a few words to say leading up to that date next week. But until then I'm gonna have to apportion my time accordingly. :)

Apparently you have time for at least 2 teams. ;)

Btw, I don't have a good feeling about the SD game. Without Seymour & Harrison, and given BB's historically slow starting defenses, I'm expecting a repeat of your last visit to Foxboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes