PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game #2: The Chargers Come To Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Game #2 The Chargers Come To Foxboro

One game at a time for f**k sakes. Don't jinx us againt the Jets.

The Jets game is a game. The Chargers game will be an event

The Jets are chopped liver...the Chargers are dangerous.
This is asinine. We lost only four games in 2003 and 2004, and they were to teams like the Bills, Dolphins and Redskins, teams we should have beaten. If you want to look past certain games because you feel they are guaranteed wins, fine, do so. Just stop getting upset when others tell you how unrealistic this is.

Don't like the thread, don't read the thread.
Don't like the responses you get, don't read the responses.

Kind of stupid to be worrying about who we will be playing in future weeks, anyway.

Until then, it's like worrying about what your third wife will be like when the divorce from your first wife isn't final yet.

Last edited:

Who was talking predicting an outcome? The OP wanted to discuss the game. If Brady fell off the bus and sprained his elbow before the game on Sunday, does that invalidate all the discussions that happened for that game? Your scenario allows for no discussion of any game cause, guess what..players get hurt.

In general, if your not interested in a discussion, why are you trying to force that disinterest on others?

I am not forcing anything on anyone and no one is going to listen to just anyone in an intenet forum anyways,but thats does not stop me from making an opinion and neither should anyone here.

Heheh, this is so much fun! Look at the stuff I've got to work with:

This was posted at a Raiders blog maintained by the Oakland Tribune newspaper group:

the stork's beak Says:

September 2nd, 2007 at 2:39 pm
Radio 680am just reported that Quentin Moses was let go in error. Apparently Don Johnson, an assistant coach on the defensive line had submitted a prioritzed list of players he wanted to keep. Moses was inadvertantly left off the list. He then sent a separate email to a guy named Jeff Birren who works in administration. Birren thought Moses was to be added to the release list, so he added the name and faxed it in to league offices in New York. The error was not discovered until after the move was official. Accidents happen.

LOL! It doesn't get any better than this!

This is asinine. We lost only four games in 2003 and 2004, and they were to teams like the Bills, Dolphins and Redskins, teams we should have beaten. If you want to look past certain games because you feel they are guaranteed wins, fine, do so. Just stop getting upset when others tell you how unrealistic this is.

Don't like the responses you get, don't read the responses.

Kind of stupid to be worrying about who we will be playing in future weeks, anyway.

Until then, it's like worrying about what your third wife will be like when the divorce from your first wife isn't final yet.
You're full of clever little cliches and faux analogies.

I like you. So, will the Chargers make a game of it or not?

Last edited:

Heheh, this is so much fun! Look at the stuff I've got to work with:

LOL! It doesn't get any better than this!
Sam Adams will discuss this with you later.

Am I the only one who thinks Ted Cottrell is a lukewarm DC?

From what I understand, Wade Phillips had alot to do with Buffalo's effective 3-4 schemes, all TC did was pretty much drive the bus.

Thanks for the support, Tom....my philosophy to a T. The Jets game is a game. The Chargers game will be an event, because if they beat the Pats for the second consecutive time in Foxboro, we who support the Patriots on THEIR bulletin board will have to do double duty.

In addition, if the Patriots are to live up to their expectations put upon them by the media, they will have to go through the Chargers in the playoffs, and I have a sneaky feeling the Chargers won't make the errors they did last January. The Jets are chopped liver...the Chargers are dangerous.

The Jets are a division opponent. The Chargers are not. This weeks game is more important.

The Jets are a division opponent. The Chargers are not. This weeks game is more important.
Maybe from a divisional standpoint, but from an interest standpoint, it can't hold a candle to the hype and attention the Pats-Chargers game will bring.

The Jets game is important, but like I said earlier, the Chargers game will be an event...a bragging rights event.

Snake, Snake, go away,
Come again another day.

Wow, what's a Pats fan doing in S. Cal? You must up to your armpits in Chargers or 9ers fans. Great logo btw. How did you do that?

To answer your question I think it will be a tough game but the Pats discipline and coaching will show its advantage.

I think Pats win it 31-24.

The Chargers bulletin board has been lit up since their playoff loss last January with a whole lot of 'hate the Patriots' stuff. They are all bruised and condemn Ellis Hobbs and a couple others for disrespecting them by dancing on their mid-field logo.

The Chargers are loaded both on offense and on defense. The Pats took advantage of Charger errors in January and beat the favored team on their home turf.

The Chargers have changed coaches, but essentially their team is in tact and healthy. Tomlinson has yet to suit up...he played no games in the pre-season, and Shawn Merriman is chomping at the bit to get at the Pats offense.

The last time the Chargers came into Foxboro they buried the Pats.

What do you think will happen with this great match up in Foxboro on September 16? The players shouldn't look beyond Sunday's game, but we can do it. Do the Patriots really have the tools to beat an incredibly well-manned San Diego Charger team, and what will they have to do to beat them?

Patriots 28 Chargers 24

Let's put it this way:

If we get past the JEST, AND
If SD gets past the Bears, THEN...

It will be a hell of a game to chat up. Otherwise it'll be a lot of "Eh ya couldn't even get past _____, how could you possibly get past US?"

Hence... talk to you guys tomorrow night (either way.)

PFnV

So do you think Plaxico and Shockey (or whoever the Giants leading receivers will be Dec 29) will be able to make plays against Hobbs and Samuels (or whoever the Pats CBs will be Dec 29)?

Plus, will Thomas and Seau (or whoever is playing ILB Dec 29) be able to stop that huge RB the Giants may still have on the roster Dec 29?

Also, I'm concerned about the second game against the Fins. I know it is at home, but it is a division game. Is anyone else concerned?

Wow, what's a Pats fan doing in S. Cal? You must up to your armpits in Chargers or 9ers fans. Great logo btw. How did you do that?

To answer your question I think it will be a tough game but the Pats discipline and coaching will show its advantage.

I think Pats win it 31-24.
I retired from teaching in Portland, Maine in 1996 and moved to so Cal in 1998.

I pirated the sig logo from another board.;)

Why TF are you talking about this game now?

Relax until the Jets game is over

Stupid post considering game 1 is not even here yet..We might as well be talking about the last game of the season against the Giants for cripes sake

As the previous guy said - One game at a time!

You are the pied piper when it comes to stupid threads.:bricks:

The Patriot-Charger match-up is the game of the year. That is until the Colts game. If the Pats lose to the Jets, the team is in trouble.

I'm ready to jump ahead. The Chargers want revenge blood badly, and I hope the Patriots don't take that team too lightly. Merriman is seething, and Rivers wants to prove himself. I suspect Norv Turner will make much better use of LT than Marty did in that second half of the playoff game.

Jump on over to the Chargers board and see how much they hate New England. http://forums.chargers.com/index.php

Hey guys. I come from the Chargers' board. I'm a regular there. Don't ask me why. This thread is a bit premature. I don't want to look over the Jets again. As for the Bolts. The Patriots smack has momentarily ceased because they're all focused on the Bears. We should probably focus on Mangina for now.

Hey guys. I come from the Chargers' board. I'm a regular there. Don't ask me why. This thread is a bit premature. I don't want to look over the Jets again. As for the Bolts. The Patriots smack has momentarily ceased because they're all focused on the Bears. We should probably focus on Mangina for now.
Exactly. As a fan of the Bolts and not a player. I know where my teams mindset should be. They BEST be focused on da Bears because they don't exactly suck.

Ok, Grossman does but that's not the point.

My point is, as a fan, whenever my team is in a place I perceive to be valid? My focus naturally shifts there. NE needs to get by the Jets. NE better not be thinking about the Bolts right now and you all know this. That said, every sked is known by everyone. And every team on every sked is in the back of every fan and players mind. NE's got what could be a very challenging sked this year. So do the Bolts.

LOL. The age old addage still applies. You've gotta take em' one at a time,.

Last edited:

That's OK, guys. Keep the thread up here. It will get used once we dispose of the flame-outs.

Machineguncat.gif
jets_l_65.gif

I retired from teaching in Portland, Maine in 1996 and moved to so Cal in 1998.

I pirated the sig logo from another board.;)

How do you afford living in Socal on a teacher's salary and pension? Aren't houses there about 700K for a 2000 sq foot?

How do you like it? The weather is nice but how about the smog and crime and illegals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes