PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Future Patriots NT.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas weighs 370lbs, but about 330-340 of it is natural size. Did you notice how huge his muscles are?
four.jpg

That guy's arms/shoulders are probably among the top ten biggest I've ever seen. His arms are bigger than Wilfork's, and look to have more muscle.
He kind of looks like an even bigger version of Michael Clark Duncan.

Also he's not just big and slow, he runs a 4.8-4.9 40 yard dash, that's rediculous at his size. Thomas even uses swim moves, and is athletic for his size.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that he used to play basketball, as well.

Yea, I sound like a little kind in a candy store....I'm just interested that's all :)

Cousin,
You know if you look at his girth, he does not have a huge "Dunlop" as in the belly that "done lopped over my pants". He just doesn't look that sloppy. I can see a seventh choice. Hell, if he fell down side ways the offensive line would have to flag down a taxi to get around him!

How would you push him back? He ways more than a blocking sled! I understand he's a nice kid too. His red flag was not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. Hell he was too busy growing! He's not a perp.

He reminds me of the Animal House movie in the scene were the amble large young brother at the club asks the question "May we dance with your dates?" and takes the young ladies delicate hand. The dude was humungus!
DW Toys

At the Pro-day, Thomas ran a 5.11 40 with a 10 yard split of 1.73 and a 20 yards split of 2.96.

He put up 27 reps on the bench.
Had a 24.5" vertical.
Had a 8'4" broad jump.
20 yard Shuttle: 4.84
3 cone drill: 7.76

Under Woicik, yeah, he might be able to shed 20 lbs of fat, put on 10 lbs of muscle and get to this 4.8 that people are talking about.

Now, about why Thomas left Oklahoma State. NflDraftScout.com said he was dismissed. Do you have proof that it was just grades? Usually, they list grades as academically ineligible, not dismissed. Usually, when a player is dismissed from a team, its due to disciplinary reasons, not grades. Now, I will say that I will give the kid the benefit of my doubt in that it was just grades as I spent the past 20 minutes doing a google search to see if I could find anything specific.

BTW, it would seem that there are many other fans who would like their team to draft Thomas as well. During my search to see if I could find out if it was just his grades that caused him to be dismissed from OSU, I saw message boards for the Rams, 49ers, Cowboys and Jets all talking about Thomas.

Now, about why Thomas left Oklahoma State. NflDraftScout.com said he was dismissed. Do you have proof that it was just grades? Usually, they list grades as academically ineligible, not dismissed. Usually, when a player is dismissed from a team, its due to disciplinary reasons, not grades. Now, I will say that I will give the kid the benefit of my doubt in that it was just grades as I spent the past 20 minutes doing a google search to see if I could find anything specific.

Yeah, it's kind of hazy:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2136365
"Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has dismissed second-team defensive tackle Walter Thomas for not adhering to team rules
Gundy announced Tuesday that Thomas was no longer part of the
team and did not elaborate. Teammates said he is academically
ineligible and that he will stay in school and try to regain his
eligibility and rejoin the team next spring."

Yeah, it's kind of hazy:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2136365
"Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy has dismissed second-team defensive tackle Walter Thomas for not adhering to team rules
Gundy announced Tuesday that Thomas was no longer part of the
team and did not elaborate. Teammates said he is academically
ineligible and that he will stay in school and try to regain his
eligibility and rejoin the team next spring."

Thanks Patchick.

Its interesting that, instead of staying at OSU, Thomas transferred to NWMCC.

A forty time of 5.11 for a 370 lb guy is pretty impressive. There is so much more to NT than being huge. I've never seen him play but if he can't stay low or comes up too high at the snap of the ball, then he's useless to us and any other 3-4 team.

Even in his best days, Ted still took a lot of pass plays off. Can you imagine this guy going hard for 4 quarters? I can't, not with all that baby fat.

For some reason I am thinking Corey Stringer. I am worried about this guys health and weighing so much. On top of the fact that he weighs over 370 now, how much will he put on in the next few years. Is he going to be a Damien Woody situation? Is the guy going to have to be shipped off to Duke University to go on a diet?

If the guy can play, bring him in. The way that NE uses NTs, he should be more than serviceable. He can probably take two lineman and a blocking fullback.

So what the guy is 370 and we have 4 6th round draft picks. I would think there would be a fit somewhere. He could be the next Ted Washington for all we know. Of course that's a stretch but there's a chance with a man this BIG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News