PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Front office still interested in Ryan Mallett: Cleveland Browns Insider

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Front office still interested in Ryan Mallett: Cleveland Browns Insider | cleveland.com

the Boston Globe recently reported that the Patriots would be willing to part with him now that starting QB Tom Brady has been signed to a blockbuster $60 million deal. The paper reported it would take at least a second-round pick to get Mallett.

The Browns will have to get creative if they're serious about getting him, because they don't have a second-rounder this year after using it to take Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft last year. They'd most likely have to give up their third-rounder this year and perhaps their second-rounder next year.

Would you take a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year to trade Mallett?

Re: Re: Front office still interested in Ryan Mallett: Cleveland Browns Insider

No, but I would send them Mallett and the 2014 2 for their 3 this year and their 2014 1.

Its interesting that Cleveland is going to be pretty competitive in that division sans a real QB..

I think we will get good value for sure

I wonder if Belichick is just going to try to convince the Browns he won't trade Mallett until they blow him away with a really good offer. 3rd or less and I dunno if it's worth trading him. Still could trade him next offseason but might have less bargaining power with him becoming a FA at the end of that season.

Trade the first round picks and be done with it Cleveland!

I really miss Al Davis.. :)

(but may he Rest in Peace)

3rd and fifth this year a cond up to a 2nd next yr. My guess.

Yes, I would take the 2013 3rd and 2014 2nd.

How many other offers are out there for Mallet? The Pats need more picks this year and pick # 68 is practically in the 2nd round. The Pats next pick is # 91. Seal the deal.

I would take it. The 3rd this year is almost a 2nd anyway. What are the equivilent trades? Schaub, Charlie Whitehurst? Guys that are traded on potential alone as they hadn't really played.
Of course it really depends on if Bill really thinks Mallett can be a quality starter in the NFL. If he does, he won't just give him away for a peanuts and will hold out for higher picks.

Mallet for Haden.

Yes, I would take the 2013 3rd and 2014 2nd.

How many other offers are out there for Mallet? The Pats need more picks this year and pick # 68 is practically in the 2nd round. The Pats next pick is # 91. Seal the deal.

Lombardi may be the only GM interested in Mallett. As you say the 68th pick is not too shabby. Mallett did not impress in the preseason games last year.
This might be the last chance to get something for him. He is not the
quarterback of the Patriot's future.

Yes, I would take their 3rd this year and 2nd next year for Mallett in a heartbeat. Bring back Hoyer to be back up QB.

I would take the 2013 3rd and 2014 1st rounder.

I'd drive him to the airport for that.

3rd and 2nd in 2014 sounds much more realistic. maybe if he performed above expectations we could get a first and insert that in as a clause or something but even if we didn't and all we got was a 2nd i'd stil take that deal. We have nothing in the middle rounds and as you've all heard this draft is DEEP

They can't be holding out for a first? Can they?

They can't be holding out for a first? Can they?

they can't be. it wont happen. think about it what has he done to warrant a jump from where he was drafted 3rd round, to a 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents