PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up

Actually, I just said it out loud. I can hear myself, so everything I said is factual.:)

I know you guys think this is some kind quippy comeback, but it actually underscores what you don't comprehend. Carry on. Have fun with your bliss.

I know you guys think this is some kind quippy comeback, but it actually underscores what you don't comprehend. Carry on. Have fun with your bliss.

You need to learn the word innuendo. Facts have nothing to do with this type of reporting.

Reporters who report "rumors" and stand by them are only as good as their sources and reputations.

Will McDonough had unbelievable sources, these guys don't seem to.

He was rarely "clowned" while these guys are on a regular basis.

Which of his facts did he get wrong? I find it interesting that you all seem to be dodging the question.

Some advice from one of the un-informed:

“Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.”

No, it just refutes your last vestige of an argument.

I could fill 100 pages with things that can't be proved factually wrong, yet have no basis.

i like this advice:

"Believe half of what you would normally believe, but only condone a wise man's fool's gold twice on Tuesday"

words to live by gentlemen

Last edited:

The more I see PatSox23 post, the more I have to wonder if he's not actually John Tomase himself... Just the way he has this almost die-hard defense of Tomase.

The more I see PatSox23 post, the more I have to wonder if he's not actually John Tomase himself... Just the way he has this almost die-hard defense of Tomase.

Nope. Just a strong defender of common sense.

No, it just refutes your last vestige of an argument.

I could fill 100 pages with things that can't be proved factually wrong, yet have no basis.

Please have the courage to name the facts that you believe he got wrong. None of you seems interested in actually taking up that challenge. I can only take that to mean that you can't. "last vestige" was a good effort at distraction, though. Congrats.

Re: Moss and PFT...............wtf?????

I'll believe it when I hear it from RM or the Patriots as far as any distraction BS.

When I see Randy practicing, I will then know he will be playing.

When I see RM catching passes and drawing double coverage, and yes, even blocking, I will know everything he said about playing for a winner and righting his own ship was true.

See it, hear it - believe it. Everything else is pure BS.

It all FINALLY starts, one week from right now when it will be halftime of the Jets game. Hang on till then my Patriot brothers....

Re: Moss and PFT...............wtf?????

I'll believe it when I hear it from RM or the Patriots as far as any distraction BS.

When I see Randy practicing, I will then know he will be playing.

When I see RM catching passes and drawing double coverage, and yes, even blocking, I will know everything he said about playing for a winner and righting his own ship was true.

See it, hear it - believe it. Everything else is pure BS.

It all FINALLY starts, one week from right now when it will be halftime of the Jets game. Hang on till then my Patriot brothers....

Seeing is believing. But tell me you are not as paniced as some on here and as PFT would like to make it out to be.

The thing that irks me about these rumors is that not much has changed since we signed him cept an Injury. He is the same guy that has dogged in the past and we are hoping wont dog it here. And with out having played a down all the sudden PFT wants him cut. I don't get it. He was starting to look in cohesion with Brady pre injury even if it was a brief glimpse and the Pats have been careful with all injuries this spring. I just don't get it give him the chance we all were ready to give him when we initially signed him.

Please have the courage to name the facts that you believe he got wrong. None of you seems interested in actually taking up that challenge. I can only take that to mean that you can't. "last vestige" was a good effort at distraction, though. Congrats.

What proof do you have that Tomase actually heard rumors three days back that Moss was to be cut? None. You are basing things on the idea that what Tomase wrote in his blog is gospel truth.

All I know is yesterday morning, PFT posted the rumor and one our our own created a thread early Saturday morning.

Later that day, Tomase posted the exact same rumor specifying unnamed sources. Only adding the rumor had been around for three days prior. There is NO WAY on God's (or Bhuda's.....props to my peeps) green earth that a rumor like that does not leak out sooner.

That to me is all too convenient.

Tomase is being given flack because his recent track record in reporting Patriots news is in question, and the coincidence between the PFT report and his report add to the cynicism.

What more clarification are you seeking? I'm thinking you are not understanding the argument.

Last edited:

I think Tomase is actually Dwight from The Office . . . with his super secret sources.

Haha.

Oh wow this is the first time I've come out of lurking on this board. Go Pats. Go away Tomase.

Is that Sifl and Ollie in your avatar?

Innuendo. The word is innuendo. Look it up.

Or try insinuate or imply or infer.

There are no facts involved in this type of "reporting". How can you disprove the "facts" then?

Last edited:
I think that Moss is a great asset, but I think we will know by wed if the Randy Moss experiement will be here for the long hall.. I would have to say he is , but again Ive stated before, Belichick and Pioli are the best at doing there homework, so hearing how Moss is upset now that he is not the focal point of the office is wierd.. They had to tell him upfront, like Tedy Bruschi says, we dont care what you did before, your a patriot now, go win... Also the Pro Shop must be sweating right now off all the Moss jersey's ordered, and ready to be shipped..

More from our friends from PFT, you have to give them credit, they dont give up!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"A practical consequence of the decision of Childress to tell Belichick to shove it up his hoodie is that, if the Pats are indeed thinking about dealing receiver Randy Moss and if the Vikings would be interested in bringing him back in order to put butts in the seats, the Patriots are now highly unlikely to do business with the Vikings. (Given the strong possibility that Childress doesn't want Moss, it could be that the head coach sounded off about Belichick in order to ensure that Moss doesn't get crammed down the coaching staff's throat by owner Zygi Wilf.)"

Re: From PFT: Wow these guys don't give up.

Meh, I don't mind Florio and the PFT crew. In fact, I have a lot of respect for the website as they seem to be getting national attention and in the new information age of endless blogs, posts, and e-opinions, that's pretty damned impressive.

Anyway, there's a reason why they call it the 'rumourmill'.

BTW, check out the Pic of the Day. It's a hoot!

I don't go to their site since their page infected my system with spyware a few years back. I announced the problem on another Pats site. When others verified it and tried to complain to them they were (reportedly) very rude and arogant about the whole thing.

I'll never visit that site again. Call me stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back