PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From An Eagles fan an HONEST Opinion & Perspective... (don't flame me hah)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: From An Eagles fan an HONEST Opinion & Perspective.. (don't flame me hah)

Whats the deal with Mcnabb this year anyway? I always thought he was a pretty talented guy with good mobility and a strong arm. Is it the lack of quality recievers or what? I havent watched any of their games. Oh yeah and do you guys WANT Mcnabb to go and put Kevin Kolb in?

he hasn't been bad, the past few weeks, up until the Miami game he started to play a lot better, with his mobility getting back, had big runs against Chicago, Washington and a big run against Miami as well. He's handled the ball well this year, only 5 or 6 interceptions. The receivers have played OK, but my perspective is, get McNabb ONE more weapon this offseason, see how he does, and then, if he fails to produce, trade him. Problem is, if he stays healthy this year, it may be the time to trade him since he finally is healthy. As for the fans, when we were 2 games under .500 a few weeks ago, fans wanted Kolb, but it is very mixed. Some want him, others don't. I do not think he'll have a single snap this year, unless we're getting crushed, or crushing a team, or we are mathematically out of it.

Andrew - what impact would you say the loss of Stallworth had on the Eagles offense this season?

I was surprised they didn't do more to try to re-sign him... the Pats were a case in point of what happens when an offense has absolutely no deep threat - and even in his limited appearances last season Stallworth kept D's very honest, and even allowed Reggie Brown to develop into a deep threat partly because Stallworth opened things up for him.

That had the impact of keeping defenses honest even when Stallworth was out injured.

With Stallworth gone Brown's stats have come back to earth.

Now the Eagles still have more of a deep threat than the Pats did last season, but still, I think defenses now feel a little more confident stacking the line and putting pressure on McNabb - and now that's come back to bite the team badly.

Your thoughts?

Stallworth has had a small effect, even though Kevin Curtis is not as fast, he's still able to stretch the Defense. Stallworth has been injured quite a bit in his past, while Curtis has not. Curtis right now in 10 games has 722 yards, Stallworth in 12 games last year had 725 yards. There are rumors that the Eagles may go after Stallworth after this season, since he is owed a HUGE roster bonus with the Pats.

he hasn't been bad, the past few weeks, up until the Miami game he started to play a lot better, with his mobility getting back, had big runs against Chicago, Washington and a big run against Miami as well. He's handled the ball well this year, only 5 or 6 interceptions. The receivers have played OK, but my perspective is, get McNabb ONE more weapon this offseason, see how he does, and then, if he fails to produce, trade him. Problem is, if he stays healthy this year, it may be the time to trade him since he finally is healthy. As for the fans, when we were 2 games under .500 a few weeks ago, fans wanted Kolb, but it is very mixed. Some want him, others don't. I do not think he'll have a single snap this year, unless we're getting crushed, or crushing a team, or we are mathematically out of it.
I guess his numbers dont look to bad. Hes been sacked alot though and lets hope he can come back strong in the Pats game because I have always liked the guy. Hes my little brothers favorite player, mostly because hes a good madden quarterback lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes