PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freeney's injury looks like Lis Franc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts will be fine, IMHO-Dungy's system is pretty unique in that when starters go down, his backups come in and do very well.
Unique? I guess you weren't following football in 2003 and 2004, huh?

The Colts will be fine, IMHO-Dungy's system is pretty unique in that when starters go down, his backups come in and do very well. It happened last year when Raeger and Simon went down. And, of course, their shutdown corner didn't play in the Super Bowl.
You mean they can use 42 different starters in a season and still win the Super Bowl?

You mean they can use 42 different starters in a season and still win the Super Bowl?
42?? nah...will never happen....they get near 35 they will have troubles...

The Colts are toast if this is true. An AFCCG in Foxboro could only go the Colts' way if they get the DE pressure they got in Indy. Freeney was a big part of that. We all saw what happened in the 4th quarter once the Pats bettered their protection...14 points and killed the clock. If Freeney isn't there to give Light and Brady trouble, then the Pats can focus help on Mathis and Brady should have a wide open field to pick apart.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. It should be noted that I predicted the Pats would be in trouble without Ty Law vs. the 2004 Colts and 49 TDs Peyton. So Colts fans have hope.

Freeney might have suffered Lisfranc injury

The Indianapolis Colts already expect Dwight Freeney not to play for several weeks because of a left foot injury, but now there's reason to believe the Pro Bowl defensive end's season might be over.

Though more tests have to be completed for the team to make a final determination, a source said Tuesday that Freeney might have suffered a Lisfranc injury in Sunday's loss to the San Diego Chargers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3108696&univLogin02=stateChanged

John Clayton said the same thing. Looks like he may be out for the year.

Ouch. Bad news for him; good news for us. Now maybe he won't be able to turnstile his way through Matt Light in the playoffs.

I was just thinking that :) He OWNS Matt Light!!!! I wish that weren't the case.....but every game against them....we end up sliding the TE in there to help out Light......Freeney has been tough though

Does anyone else have a picture in their mind of Bill Polian standing on his front lawn shaking his fist at the sky yelling at God?

Jake Long will be manning LT for the Pats from 2008-2019. The next time Freeney lines up against us. He will be dealing with him. 6-7 long arms, tough kid. Nasty run blocker. Freeney will hate playing us. M.Light will move over to RT and have no trouble with Mathis. I see 500+ points for Pats next year too.

The Colts are a good team. They will be competitive with or without Freeny. The odds of then beating the Pats in Foxborough will go down if he is out for the year but they are by no means out of it. Sometimes a wounded animal is the most dangerous one. Of course it really helps a lot if the officials continue to cheat in the Colts favour as well.

Last edited:
The Colts will be fine, IMHO-Dungy's system is pretty unique in that when starters go down, his backups come in and do very well. It happened last year when Raeger and Simon went down. And, of course, their shutdown corner didn't play in the Super Bowl.
I'm afraid Dungy's "unique defense" will not overcome the loss of their prized bull. Mathis will be proven for the under-average pass-rusher that he is without team's doubling up on Freeney and Bob "the midget w/ freakish pipes" Sanders is going to have to put on a show, which will ultimately cause him to speed up his annual injury which would totally decimate their defense. I'm just glad we got to play them before this injury as the NFL would have considered it a scrimmage because it wouldn't be fair for the Colts.

I will go on record as others have and say that I am sorry to see the guy injured, and hope it is not as bad as feared. It's true that noone felt sorry for us in 2005, when we lost Rodney and Dan Koppen for most of the year (damn Heinz Field games), not to mention Tedy before the season started, and Seymour for chunks as well--but I prefer all the teams to be at full strength.

I will go on record as others have and say that I am sorry to see the guy injured, and hope it is not as bad as feared. It's true that noone felt sorry for us in 2005, when we lost Rodney and Dan Koppen for most of the year (damn Heinz Field games), not to mention Tedy before the season started, and Seymour for chunks as well--but I prefer all the teams to be at full strength.

I think it was Matt Light...

I think it was Matt Light...

Yes, you're right--Light was hurt in the Pitt game, Koppen was lost later in the year, against Miami (I think). So it was even worse than I recall.

I what the other poster said about Jake Long.....I hope that is our 2008 1st pick.....Guy has a very good chance to be pro-bowler....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News