PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: It was the fault The Who's for Freeney's poor second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Blame it on The Who -- or long Super Bowl halftimes, in general. Freeney showed shades of his Pro-Bowl self early in the second quarter, when he bull-rushed Saints quarterback Drew Brees, snagged the shoulder of his jersey, and dropped the eventual game MVP with one arm. The Saints, who knew immediately that Freeney wasn't a decoy, had already started double-teaming the defensive end by the second possession of the game.

But then came halftime, all 30 minutes of it, and Freeney's ankle began to stiffen.

"I don't know if you saw me on the sidelines," Freeney said of warmup attempts early in the second half. "I kept on running back and forth to get it going again. I re-taped, and tried to figure out ways to keep it warm. The problem is, once it gets stiff, it's tough to bring it back."

Dwight Freeney of the Indianapolis Colts played with stiffening ankle in Super Bowl - ESPN

Ok, Roger Daltrey's voice is failing him. Pete Townsend seems to be off a bit and has morphed into Elvis Costello. Ringo Starr's kid's drum playing only re-inforced why Keith Moon was so special. The CSI focused playlist (anyone else think CBS would have brought out David Carrusso, Lawrence Fishburne, and Gary Sinse to sing back up?) seemed rushed and a hodgepodge. Show have scrapped the Tommy tunes that were nothing more than cameo snippets with disjointed segways.

But serious as bad as their performance was, do they really deserve part of the blame for the Colts losing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference