PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Freeman: Goodell will Hear Brady's Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly suspect that behind the scenes some are trying to find some sort of common ground for this to be resolved between the Patriots and the League. Arthur Blank's comments, if you read between the lines, basically said that. He is echoing other owners' feelings saying "hey! we thought we got screwed over too. And you, Bob Kraft, kept a full public face support of Goodell. Now that's what we are doing, and it's time to take your BS smackdown too. It could have been less, maybe it can be lessened a little, but you first have to do your part and say you did it and you're sorry".
While this may be a sound business belief by the owners as a collective, (A) they just had to know that one day one of their lodge members would get pushed too far with the capricious and overreaching Goodell punishments. (B) If Kraft gives into it to play the good NFL lodge member, he submarines Brady's case if he admits guilt (though, I suppose, they could say brady is innocent but the two equipment guys are not. Unlikely). It may be that day is hand. And, IMHO even if the Patriots remain penalized at the current level, this has a modicum chance to weaken the Commissioner's office to some sort of degree. A good thing for the game...

On the Brady front it is not going away, period. I don't give a $#!+ what polling says about Brady, I believe Brady has 100% decided to make this a war even if his side is more akin to the 200 rag tag guys in the Alamo besieged by 3000 well armed, well trained Mexican soldiers. He's fighting this thing until his lawyer says "there's no other place we can go to win this".
It is this front that, IMHO, Goody hearing the appeal is an abstract win for Brady. Look, this was always unlikely to be a "you're innocent!" declaration within the formal NFL appeals process. I just could not see the NFL appointing anyone who would contradict Wells and the NFL execs who has hung their hats on it. His best hope was a "Emperor Goody can't suspend you for this violation". This is going to court! And it is here that I think we could get the smackdown of Emperor Goody we want. the NFL's way of doing business is so intertwined, complex and even odd, it is filled with possibilities of legal declarations going against them (IMHO). And with Emperor Goody saying he supports the Wells Report before even appointing himself the arbitrator, I am hopeful a court will also see that, among other things, and say to the NFL 'you have gotta be kidding me, right?'.

On the Brady front it is not going away, period.

And, that is the problem. By destroying Tom Brady's reputation in a way that the can never get back, they have put him in a position where he has absolutely nothing to lose. It's not about missing four games. It has nothing to do with missing four games. Or two games. Or one game. Or whatever other BS they think will make Brady bend over and take it up the ass with a smile....

How can you not care when they're trying to destroy the Pats?
Because its a sham and not worth my time. It's a sports league and we've jumped the shark about 10 times now.

That works both ways, asshat.
Right. Discovery opens up the NFL to having to produce all sorts of electronic media that will detect whether there a sting, who knew what and when and how independent Ted Wells was.. If Goodell invokes attorney-client privilege it kinds of shoots the idea that Wells was independent to hell......
Who knows what other skeletons will be uncovered....

Thank you Roger. You're as dumb or arrogant as we hoped you would be

How can they call Goodell as a witness when he's hearing the case? I know that's the obvious question but I wonder how he justifies that when the lawyers are asking him to recuse himself. Maybe he really has multiple personalities which would explain a lot.

why do you always whine about me?

put me on ignore

i will root for the patriots next year with brady as the QB.....and i will root for the patriots down the road when jimmy g or someone else is the QB.....as long as BB is the coach

i hope you will join me in rooting for the patriots when jimmy g eventually takes over

Just STFU.

If the mods are going to let this troll do his thing they should at least give him a troll face avatar that he can't change, just so people know who they're talking to.
I'm sure he was merely addressing my avatar who, let's face it, absolutely IS a cutie pie.

Last edited:
Right. Discovery opens up the NFL to having to produce all sorts of electronic media that will detect whether there a sting, who knew what and when and how independent Ted Wells was.. If Goodell invokes attorney-client privilege it kinds of shoots the idea that Wells was independent to hell......
Who knows what other skeletons will be uncovered....

They could, in theory, invoke discovery for all league office communication regarding punishment which could open them up to some very awkward PR issues, such as public airing of league communications on domestic violence and so on. It would be a broad ask and would probably be limited by a judge but the threat alone could be enough to bring the NFL to the table.

They could, in theory, invoke discovery for all league office communication regarding punishment which could open them up to some very awkward PR issues, such as public airing of league communications on domestic violence and so on. It would be a broad ask and would probably be limited by a judge but the threat alone could be enough to bring the NFL to the table.

They've got Blandino lying about PSI in an 'official' letter to the team. They've got the allegations of what Kensil said. That stuff is grounds for all sorts of fun games being played with the league office:

I don't see what the problem is.

Goodell not recuse him self after being made aware that he was being called as a witness only helps the pats when they goto real court claiming this clown can't be impartial.

I mean, imagine the nudge being a witness at your trial.

I strongly suspect that behind the scenes some are trying to find some sort of common ground for this to be resolved between the Patriots and the League. Arthur Blank's comments, if you read between the lines, basically said that. He is echoing other owners' feelings saying "hey! we thought we got screwed over too. And you, Bob Kraft, kept a full public face support of Goodell. Now that's what we are doing, and it's time to take your BS smackdown too. It could have been less, maybe it can be lessened a little, but you first have to do your part and say you did it and you're sorry".
While this may be a sound business belief by the owners as a collective, (A) they just had to know that one day one of their lodge members would get pushed too far with the capricious and overreaching Goodell punishments. (B) If Kraft gives into it to play the good NFL lodge member, he submarines Brady's case if he admits guilt (though, I suppose, they could say brady is innocent but the two equipment guys are not. Unlikely). It may be that day is hand. And, IMHO even if the Patriots remain penalized at the current level, this has a modicum chance to weaken the Commissioner's office to some sort of degree. A good thing for the game...

On the Brady front it is not going away, period. I don't give a $#!+ what polling says about Brady, I believe Brady has 100% decided to make this a war even if his side is more akin to the 200 rag tag guys in the Alamo besieged by 3000 well armed, well trained Mexican soldiers. He's fighting this thing until his lawyer says "there's no other place we can go to win this".
It is this front that, IMHO, Goody hearing the appeal is an abstract win for Brady. Look, this was always unlikely to be a "you're innocent!" declaration within the formal NFL appeals process. I just could not see the NFL appointing anyone who would contradict Wells and the NFL execs who has hung their hats on it. His best hope was a "Emperor Goody can't suspend you for this violation". This is going to court! And it is here that I think we could get the smackdown of Emperor Goody we want. the NFL's way of doing business is so intertwined, complex and even odd, it is filled with possibilities of legal declarations going against them (IMHO). And with Emperor Goody saying he supports the Wells Report before even appointing himself the arbitrator, I am hopeful a court will also see that, among other things, and say to the NFL 'you have gotta be kidding me, right?'.
Let me just say that Kraft in 2007 did exactly what the putz Blank said and admitted guilt and took his punishment to the chagrin of myself and many others and we know how well it worked out. I don't think that Kraft is willing to be the schmuck again and will fight this.

How can they call Goodell as a witness when he's hearing the case? I know that's the obvious question but I wonder how he justifies that when the lawyers are asking him to recuse himself. Maybe he really has multiple personalities which would explain a lot.
Because Bradys (NFLPA) lawyers were smart enough to call him as a witness first. They are not as dumb as Goodell thought. Goodell had an "independent:rolleyes:" investigation and had Vincent choose the punishment in anticipation of an appeal so he could arbitrate the appeal. I doubt that Goodell can now be the arbitrator.

Let me just say that Kraft in 2007 did exactly what the putz Blank said and admitted guilt and took his punishment to the chagrin of myself and many others and we know how well it worked out. I don't think that Kraft is willing to be the schmuck again and will fight this.

I hope you're right....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back