PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo riddley is on the outside looking in when it comes to the future of the patriots RB position. Unless he has a monster fumble free year hes going to be a free agent next year.

Who do you see as the future at RB?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13m
Ravens RB Ray Rice was indicted today on one count of aggravated assault. Carries a 3-5 year prison term.

Could impact how the Ravens pursue Blount.

RB may become a 3rd-4th round draft need soon.

MJD flying to OAk..sounds like he will sign with them...that leaves blount

Could impact how the Ravens pursue Blount.

RB may become a 3rd-4th round draft need soon.

No it won't. Why would they waste a 3rd or 4th round pick on a RB?

People really overrating Blount because of two games.

Vereen isn't a one trick pony. He can run the ball. Bolden having a 4.9 ypc avg in his first two years shows that they could do worse than him. Give Bolden 150-165 touches and I bet he'd get 700 yards.

Could get a RB in the 6th-7th round or an UDFA and he'd see as much time as the RB in the 3rd or 4th would his first year.

Shaun Phillips - Tennessee Titans - 2014 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Titans agreed to terms with OLB Shaun Phillips, formerly of the Broncos, on a two-year contract.

According to FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo, the deal is worth a "max" of $6 million. Phillips turns 33 in May, but it's a potential bargain for the Titans, who will slide Phillips in at outside linebacker in DC Ray Horton's hybrid 3-4 defense. Phillips was far-from elite on a per-snap basis last season, but still managed 10 sacks after notching 9.5 in 2012.

Shaun Phillips to Tennessee so I hear. Was pretty much the last outside pass rusher available that can make a big impact.

No it won't. Why would they waste a 3rd or 4th round pick on a RB?

People really overrating Blount because of two games.

Vereen isn't a one trick pony. He can run the ball. Bolden having a 4.9 ypc in his first two years in the NFL shows that you could do worse than him. Give Bolden 150-165 touches and I bet he'd get 700 yards.

Could get a RB in the 6th round or UDFA and he'd see as much time as the RB in the 3rd or 4th would his first year.

It's not necessarily overrating Blount. A RB signed to 2015 would of been nice, whether it was MJD, Moreno, or Blount. Ridley/Vereen are both FAs in 2014. It would more be of drafting for the future like BB did in 2011. We had BJGE/Woodhead and he still drafted Ridley/Vereen. Both barely saw the field in 2011.

Good value...

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
Busy day. #Titans reached a 2-year deal with pass-rusher Shaun Phillips that can earn him up to $6M, source says (as @MikeGarafolo said)

Shaun Phillips to Tennessee so I hear. Was pretty much the last outside pass rusher available that can make a big impact.

Robert Ayers is still out there, younger and should be cheaper, I believe he just had his best season. He had a good amount of pressures not show up on the stat sheet.

Robert Ayers is still out there, younger and should be cheaper, I believe he just had his best season. He had a good amount of pressures not show up on the stat sheet.
Good point I forgot about him too, even if he was signed DE and LB will be added in the draft as well most likely.

Is Wilson on his way out?

Devin+Jason McCourty ‏@McCourtyTwins 25m
I told @wilfork75 and @mrs75 they couldn't leave!!! Dmac don't play lmaooo (D-Mac)

Adrian Wilson ‏@adrian_wilson24 1m
@McCourtyTwins mighty funny you didn't tell me that.

(jokes) ...but really, does the team still think he can play at a high enough level that he's not replaceable?

edit: don't worry, he's still here!

Adrian Wilson ‏@adrian_wilson24 1m
@McCourtyTwins that was a joke by the way. Relax folks

Robert Ayers career best was 5.5 sacks in a season.

Shaun Phillips laughs at that.

Phillips also has a ton more experience, leadership, and is better vs. the Run.

As BB always says sacks are over rated could definitely see us give Ayers a chance but put me in the Dee Ford fan club or a trade up for Mack maybe trade with Jacksonville when the QB they want is off the board.

Robert Ayers career best was 5.5 sacks in a season.

Shaun Phillips laughs at that.

Phillips also has a ton more experience, leadership, and is better vs. the Run.

Ayers had pretty equal hurry/qb hits in far less snaps than Phillips played, consider that Phillips may owe some of his sacks to Ayers pressure.

Sacks tell a fraction of the story. We don't need a full time pass rusher, Ayers would be great to play 4-500 snaps at his age, taking maybe 200 away from each of Jones/Nink, maybe less.

And I'm not sure why what Phillips does or doesn't do is even relevant, he's not a free agent, Robert Ayers is.

As BB always says sacks are over rated could definitely see us give Ayers a chance but put me in the Dee Ford fan club or a trade up for Mack maybe trade with Jacksonville when the QB they want is off the board.

Did you seriously just suggest trading up to #3 with Jacksonville for Khalil Mack?

That would cost us multiple first rounders and half of our draft in 2014.

Belichick really doesn't like to add veteran pass rushers....no surprise there. Ever since the adalius thomas debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes