PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Franchise QB Out In Week 1...Has It Happened Before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is more than just losing a QB that a franchise is betting on for x or y years. this is the greatest QB of his era and probably one of the five greatest of all time. i don't think anyone like that has ever gone out in week 1.

Another thought: After the idiot commentators finish their spiels at ESPN and elsewhere, the front office suits at all of the Networks are going to realize that the league has lost one of it's two or three greatest draws and get depressed. if he's out for the season, i think they'll all be panting to get him as a studio commentator or analyst on Sundays.

Vinny in 99 was the name that came to mind for me as well. That was one of the most bizarre injuries I can recall, as he took a step to try to recover a fumble and his achilles just snapped. No contact, nothing... pretty horrific injury.

Re: Franchise QB Out In Week 1...Has It Happened Before ?

Jim Mcmahon played QB with the only job given to him being don't screw it up. That was maybe the best defensive team since the 85 Bears. I believe they were #1 against the run and the pass while playing in the best division in the NFL.

I was answering the OPs question, not trying to make a case that we'll go 10-6. Going 8-8 would be a solid season at this point.

put it this way Brenda Warner wouldn't be Brenda Warner without Trent Green's knee. yeah I know that was preseason but you get my point

Green tore his achilees tendon. It wasnt a knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes