PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football Outsiders AFCE analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a bit silly on their analysis:

and while he may develop into one of the league's top safeties, that's still not usually what you are hoping to get when you take a cornerback in the first round.

If McCourty turns into one of the league's top safeties, I think the Pats made a great draft selection. McCourty would not be the first player drafted high at one position and ended up becoming a stud at another position. A top safety means a lot more than it used to also.

If McCourty turns into one of the league's top safeties, I think the Pats made a great draft selection. McCourty would not be the first player drafted high at one position and ended up becoming a stud at another position. A top safety means a lot more than it used to also.

And a top safety with cornerback skills is invaluable. Don't forget, he was traded down for twice, it was a low first rounder.

I loved what that article said about Brian Hartline who is a perfect fit for the Patriots. And, of course, the punch line was the best: NY Jets Biggest Hole: "All the Skill Positions."

Who would have been, you mean. . . . Hartline re-signed with the LOLphins.

He is no where close to one of the league's top Safeties, he is seviceable at Safety which is far better than he is at Cornerback. I am ok with him staying at Safety and playing pretty good pass defense and average run defense much better than his usual MO at CB (getting beat deep and constant pass interference penalties.)

The track record for the Patriots at CB is obvious and poor, hopefully this year they pay some money to bring in a high quality veteran starter (Smith, Talib, etc.)

He is no where close to one of the league's top Safeties, he is seviceable at Safety which is far better than he is at Cornerback. I am ok with him staying at Safety and playing pretty good pass defense and average run defense much better than his usual MO at CB (getting beat deep and constant pass interference penalties.)

The track record for the Patriots at CB is obvious and poor, hopefully this year they pay some money to bring in a high quality veteran starter (Smith, Talib, etc.)

Youve gone and done it now.

You told the truth.

You mean guys like the scrubs we've brought in previously: Harrison, Bodden and Talib?

Belichick well understands that we need a top corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes