Welcome to PatsFans.com

Flowers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pancakedbyevans, May 29, 2007.

1. pancakedbyevans

pancakedbyevans Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm new here, yesterday was easier after reading all the great posts. Did anyone else consider maybe leaving flowers by the gate near the pro shop/lighthouse???

2. TNTransplant

TNTransplant Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never been a big fan of giving flowers for someone who passes. Flowers are nice for a couple of days then they die. If you read about Hill and who and what he was, take that money you were going to give for flowers and donate it to a Hurricane Katrina/New Orleans development charity. Pool money together and help build a "Pans Fans" Habitat for Humanity house in the NO. That's a living tribute.

3. old 55

old 55 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -2

#87 Jersey

Pats Fans For Habitat For Humanity

Great Idea. I would give to that. Anyone have an idea about how to go about starting such a program? Should we email the Patriots and ask them to consider taking the lead in this?

4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

im thinking about sending a long letter to the Hill family straight from the heart. Also donating some money to Hurricane Katrina efforts. I had a chance to go down to New Orleans over spring break to help build houses for a week during some school program but i didnt realize there was an event such as that so i forgot to sign up

5. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Great suggesion, donating to a cause close to his heart is a wonderful tribute. Most charities make it easy to designate a donation as in honor of/in memory of an individual. You could ask them to send the card acknowledging the tribute to Hill's family c/o the Patriots at Gillette, I'm sure they're prepared to forward such mail.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to hear in the coming days that a charitable trust has been established for Hill's son.

6. pancakedbyevans

pancakedbyevans Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I totally agree and I'm in.

7. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +253 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Just keep an eye out over the next few days. There will be a mention of which charity that he supported and that the family wants donations to go to.

There might be an "Offical Fund" that the Patriots will put together.