PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio roasts Munson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Limited Legal Knowledge? You have been pretty accurate thus far.

Thanks for the follow up.

Or I just make it sound like I know what I am talking about.

It is all more of a technicality. Both sides have filed multiple sets of briefs. The NFL just had one more bite at the apple at getting their case across with a response to the counter claim. They probably figured another 15 pages wasn't going to help their cause at this point especially if they were just going to argue the same stuff the judge has been blowing apart the last week.

BTW, I am speaking with fairly limited legal knowledge. So any legal expert can correct any of my posts on this stuff. I don't mind being called out on being wrong. I know my limitations on this.
You are a good man, Harry would say.

Sorry for the ignorance but how is that Brady's counter claim?
It's strange, and before this case I did not know it was possible, but the NFL filed first in NYC asking for a judgement affirming the arbitration ruling. They filed first in order to control venue. After the Minn court rejected the NFLPA filing, the NFLPA then filed a counterclaim in NYC to overturn the NFL's arbitration ruling.

Or I just make it sound like I know what I am talking about.

Here is where you currently rank in the Patsfans legal adviser rating system.

Micheal McCann ------------------------------------------------------ 100

Robo729 ----------------------------------------------------------------- 79

NFL's........Nash & Pash (The Ash hole twins )______________ 47

Drunk guy holding a "will work for food" sign._____________ 12.5

Lester Munson _____________________________________ 0.3 psi.

Florio has been on top of this from the beginning. He is Agent Mulder always seeking the truth and ready to expose it for what it is.

I get the impression although a Steeler fan, he doesn't like what's going on here one bit. It seems very personal to him and I'm glad he has put this on his shoulders and called it like it is.

Very appreciative of his work the last 6 or 7 months.

I actually tweeted this article to him this morning -

@sharksofvegas @profootballtalk I'm guessing Nash "edited" this Erroneous Sports Propaganda Network commentary? http://es.pn/1JmRDSl

he's good about checking his feed and often uses the things any of us might want to bring to his attention

Steelers fans watched Roethlisberger get suspended for something that no charges were ever filed over. On that basis alone, they should be on our side. I think they just really don't like Brady and have a "we got ours, so you deserve to get yours" mentality in all of this.
How many pats fan supported steelers fan when that happened?

Virtually none that I can remember. Part of why I don't blame them for not having our back now.

Here is where you currently rank in the Patsfans legal adviser rating system.

Micheal McCann ------------------------------------------------------ 100

Robo729 ----------------------------------------------------------------- 79

NFL's........Nash & Pash (The Ash hole twins )______________ 47

Drunk guy holding a "will work for food" sign._____________ 12.5

Lester Munson _____________________________________ 0.3 psi.

IDK, I might take legal advise from the drunk guy holding a "will work for food" sign over Pash and Nash. All three will give you awful advise, but the drunk guy will cost you about $999 an hour less to give you that awful advise.

Calls out 1991 misconduct. Yikes.
Wow! It's one thing for us individuals to knock Baghdad Sal via social media, but for NBC Sports (aka Florio) to post this takes it to a whole new level. Hopefully this will gain some national exposure will open some eyes about ESPN coverage. On a personal level, I feel bad for Sal, but then, he brought it on himself.

I have defended the player in every one of the cases I mentioned.

And, to show that it's not just the NFLPA that is full of idiots, the MLB players just went full ******:

For the first time since collective bargaining began, the commissioner of Major League Baseball will be empowered to discipline individual players for acts of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse. Along with the announcement of the establishment of a joint committee that will be tasked with evaluating and (if necessary) supervising the treatment of a player, commissioner Rob Manfred will be given power to punish the player as he sees fit. No maximums, no minimums. And that's regardless if the player is convicted or enters a guilty plea in a legal case.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...iolence-sexual-assault-and-child-abuse-policy

People in this country seem to be getting more stupid every day.

Wow. Florio brutalized him. That's awesome.

Florio writes: "It’s unclear why Munson has been so strident in his views on the Brady case. We’ll assume that he genuinely believes he already knows the outcome, and that he’s not lying to the audience he serves. However, if we rule out that Munson is lying, it means that he’s uninformed."

Unfortunately he does not state the obvious conclusion, that the NFL has got ESPN by the nads and they are spewing NFL propaganda.

Florio writes: "It’s unclear why Munson has been so strident in his views on the Brady case. We’ll assume that he genuinely believes he already knows the outcome, and that he’s not lying to the audience he serves. However, if we rule out that Munson is lying, it means that he’s uninformed."

Unfortunately he does not state the obvious conclusion, that the NFL has got ESPN by the nads and they are spewing NFL propaganda.

I think that is legal speak for : " you freaken dip ****"

What does this tweet mean?

Daniel Wallach ‏@WALLACHLEGAL 8m8 minutes ago
It's almost official: with one hour left before deadline, NFL still hasn't filed an answer to Brady's counterclaim, and probably won't.

I think it goes something like this but I'm no lawyer and just taking an educated guess

July 28 the NFL files a claim against Brady (this makes Brady and the NFLPA the defendent)

July 31 Brady and the NFLPA acting as defendent and counter claimant file a counter claim against the NFL in which they defend the NFL complaint and issue a complaint of their own asking to have the July 28th arbritation award vacated.

I am guessing that the counter claim makes the NFL the defendent on that counter claim. I presume that there is a deadline for the NFL to answer that counter claim and that is what the tweet is referring to. What the legal ramifications of that means I don't know. I'm hoping that it leaves Berman legal room to vacate the suspension.

No clue if anything I said is relevant but I gave it my best guess.

On Sports Tonight, Draper, Cuff, Borges and Buckley are throwing the Munson article around as Gospel. Game changer. Reality check for all the media and fans in NE.
Problem is, these losers get people to think that way. People watch and say, wow, that's interesting. It's completely unethical.

Guess Florio better get ready to print a retraction.

Steelers fans watched Roethlisberger get suspended for something that no charges were ever filed over. On that basis alone, they should be on our side. I think they just really don't like Brady and have a "we got ours, so you deserve to get yours" mentality in all of this.

No charges were ever filed against Roethlisberger due to Police Misconduct in their handling of the situation. The DA felt that the Police screwed the case up so badly that there would be no way to prosecute Roethlisberger because of it.. Different situation..

Lester the Law Molester.

Virtually none that I can remember. Part of why I don't blame them for not having our back now.
While he definitely shouldn't have been punished for something he was never convicted of, he did probably rape her based on the testimonies and evidence. Curious to see if somebody thinks otherwise but, I recently looked back into it and came to the same conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News