Not open for further replies.
Steelers fans: "Patriots fans didn't speak up in defense when..."
Saints fans: "Patriots fans didn't speak up in defense when..."
Vikings fans: "Patriots fans didn't speak up in defense when..."
Panthers fans: "Patriots fans didn't speak up in defense when..."
Cowboys/Redskins fans: "Patriots fans didn't speak up in defense when..."

And, for the most part, they're right.

First they came for the ...

I agree for the most part except the Pats got royally screwed on cameraplacementgate and every other fanbase rejoiced over it. Hard as a fan to be sympathetic to a Raven's player getting screwed.

From the ownership side however I cannot get over how Kraft stood up for an obviously lying Goodell about the Rice case.

While he definitely shouldn't have been punished for something he was never convicted of, he did probably rape her based on the testimonies and evidence. Curious to see if somebody thinks otherwise but, I recently looked back into it and came to the same conclusion.

How many games suspension did his teammates that were generally aware of the unprovable rape get?

• Winner
Reactions: JJC
Molester Munson said what?

Been studying for my A+ certs just went through this question. I take it the NFL is not using a similar process.

When a technician suspects prohibited activity on an organization’s network or computers, which
of the following is the FIRST step they should take?
A. Confirm an actual infraction has taken place

Florio has been on top of this from the beginning. He is Agent Mulder always seeking the truth and ready to expose it for what it is.

I get the impression although a Steeler fan, he doesn't like what's going on here one bit. It seems very personal to him and I'm glad he has put this on his shoulders and called it like it is.

Very appreciative of his work the last 6 or 7 months.

I think I may understand another reason Florio has really been on top of this issue.

I have been reading this site almost everyday for about 10 years, and very occasionally I'll post, but mostly I just read posts from others that know more about football than me and learn, I'm no football expert (I never played). My day job is as a physics professor, so occasionally some science issue has come up over the years, and I've weighed in more authoritatively. Then came Deflategate, and for once I was a real expert! I wrote a bunch of posts early on along with PalmBeachPatsFan (a Ph.D Chemist) to try to clarify the issue, and it was clear that a large number of people (particularly in the NFL offices) did not really understand the science. PalmBeachPatsFan eventually posted a very clearly detailed and articulated explanation of the physics/chemistry of ball deflation (which I completely agreed with), and that was that, I figured no additional posting on the subject was needed, it didn't seem necessary to rehash things every few weeks. But, early on at least, it was fun being the expert in an area that was poorly understood.

So: back to Florio. He is a trained lawyer. I don't think he has any football background before he started sportswriting. He spends much of his time writing about things that he doesn't really have any personal experience or expertise in. He gets many of his tips from players agents. Then this very complicated legal issue comes up with Deflategate! The NFL has appeared to not really understand the legal issues (or, perhaps they have ignored them in their arrogance). The so called "ESPN Legal Expert" is this non--practicing former lawyer (that was suspended) who appears to have no clue what he is talking about. Between his legal training and his network of agents, for once Florio is the authoritative expert and understands the issues better than just about anybody else. I'm not surprised he has spent so much time on this. I have found him to be extremely informative explaining the legal issues with Deflategate, I certainly look at him more respectfully than I used to, and I suspect others do also.

So: back to Florio. He is a trained lawyer. I don't think he has any football background before he started sportswriting. He spends much of his time writing about things that he doesn't really have any personal experience or expertise in. He gets many of his tips from players agents. Then this very complicated legal issue comes up with Deflategate! The NFL has appeared to not really understand the legal issues (or, perhaps they have ignored them in their arrogance). The so called "ESPN Legal Expert" is this non--practicing former lawyer (that was suspended) who appears to have no clue what he is talking about. Between his legal training and his network of agents, for once Florio is the authoritative expert and understands the issues better than just about anybody else. I'm not surprised he has spent so much time on this. I have found him to be extremely informative explaining the legal issues with Deflategate, I certainly look at him more respectfully than I used to, and I suspect others do also.
Do you and Florio have Sunday dinners together?

just kidding. Florio has certainly been in his element and toned down the Patriot rhetoric (for now) and I can certainly appreciate the fact that he was the first? or one of the first few people to come out in support of Brady. I'm just not certain how it will go (with him/us) when the case has been resolved.

just kidding. Florio has certainly been in his element and toned down the Patriot rhetoric (for now) and I can certainly appreciate the fact that he was the first? or one of the first few people to come out in support of Brady. I'm just not certain how it will go (with him/us) when the case has been resolved.
In addition to the law, Florio has two engineering degrees from Carnegie Mellon so he "gets' the science. While not in Froob or Palm Beach's category, those who have taken college level math, physics and chem understand it. for Florio, the science and the law dovetail perfectly for his knowledge base.....

Edit - and zydecochris as well

Last edited:
Munson is such a drooling idiot, it probably personally offends Florio that he is out there spouting stuff under the guise of a "legal opinion."

Munson claims to be an attorney. Florio is one too. It is at least 2 lawyers arguing law with each other.

Munson claims to be an attorney. Florio is one too. It is at least 2 lawyers arguing law with each other.
Munson is a disbarred attorney who lost his license for commingling funds among other things. Florio practiced employment law which is a form of labor law so he was in his element.
Whatever Munson claims, think the opposite and you'll be right....

No its not its a lawyer and a reporter who was disbarred arguing the law.

But if/when he start beating down on the Pats again, he will have established a patina of fairness.

Just read the article.

My god. If Munson had a date tonight and told the girl he was a lawyer and she then read that.....he'd be dining alone.

In addition to the law, Florio has two engineering degrees from Carnegie Mellon so he "gets' the science. While not in Froob or Palm Beach's category, those who have taken college level math, physics and chem understand it. for Florio, the science and the law dovetail perfectly for his knowledge base.....

Interesting. I didn't know about the engineering degrees from Carnegie Mellon. You are right, between his law background and engineering experience this IS right up his alley.

Regarding whether or not we have Sunday dinners, I said I look at him more respectfully than I used to before his Deflategate posts, which is true. However, we weren't starting from a very high bar to begin with. ;)

Interesting. I didn't know about the engineering degrees from Carnegie Mellon. You are right, between his law background and engineering experience this IS right up his alley.
\Oops- Didn't mean to leave you out as one of the science/physics gurus..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back