PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Peppers-to-Redskins "essentially a done deal" [Update: Redskin out, Bears in]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Florio: Peppers-to-Redskins "essentially a done deal"

That's quite possible no doubt about it, but i can appriciate them doing what they feel is going to help their team the most no matter how much it costs them.

Admiring good intentions with poor results in this business is silly.

Re: Florio: Peppers-to-Redskins "essentially a done deal"

I know, just a lil bummed out I thought there would of been legit interest from the Pats. I hope they dont think resigning a couple of their players and drafting a bunch of rooks is the answer, if so its going to be a long season.
Exactly. If the patriots are to have a long season, the path is to stay out of the FA pool, re-sign core players, and draft a bunch of quality rooks. That IS what you meant, right? :D

Re: Florio: Peppers-to-Redskins "essentially a done deal" [Update: Redskin out, Bears

So are we even in play?

Re: Florio: Peppers-to-Redskins "essentially a done deal" [Update: Redskin out, Bears

2007 is not here anymore, folks , the pats are going younger, which means the draft .... No big FA signings will happen...

2007 is not here anymore, folks , the pats are going younger, which means the draft .... No big FA signings will happen...
Yea this is what I figured too.

LaCanfora's saying we have an offer on the table for Peppers (as well as the Eagles and the Bears).

Just saw this on my twitter stream.. there is hope!

Twitter / Jason La Canfora: Pats and Eagles have offer ...

"Pats and Eagles have offers on table for Julius Peppers as well as Bears."
@JasonLaCanfora

Come on Julius.

You know it makes sense.

Anyone want me to drive down to Dulles airport to let Mr. Florio know he can leave the terminal - - 'cause Peppers ain't walking through the door?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes