PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Early Season Ratings Decline Continues for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just spent two years and millions of dollars trying to prove that one of the best teams and best players in the league are cheaters. Sometimes they go to commercial come back don't even run a play and go to another commercial among way to many they have every game. There is a flag on almost every play. Why would rating be down? I would also hate to say it the Redzone hurts ratings. That's all I watch on Sundays.

One of the many great things about the election tomorrow is that the league won't have this election as an excuse...

As if football fans suddenly tuned out football to watch a bunch of blowhards talk about the worst election in our history. :rolleyes:

One of the many great things about the election tomorrow is that the league won't have this election as an excuse...

As if football fans suddenly tuned out football to watch a bunch of blowhards talk about the worst election in our history. :rolleyes:

This is even more hilarious:

NFL TV Ratings Down Significantly Again In Week 9
Karp noted that the breaking news regarding the FBI finding nothing new in the most recent batch of Hillary Clinton emails likely worked to draw viewers away from the afternoon slate of games on CBS and Fox.

Yup, nothing newsworthy ever happened before this season.

The fact that this statement from Herr Kommissioner exists shows panic setting in.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/s...ngs-shorter-games-fewer-commercials.html?_r=1

"The league has expanded the number of games it plays on Thursday nights and overseas, leading some to speculate that the N.F.L. may be reducing interest in the game. Goodell said he was mindful of that possibility.

“Every game counts, so that makes our inventory incredibly valuable,” he said, adding that the league has to be careful not to saturate the market.

Goodell said he was aware of a surge of complaints that officials were botching calls on the field. He said the league was looking at how best to use technology to improve officiating * without slowing down the game. “I was at Giants Stadium in the parking lot last weekend, and I got a lot of feedback from fans,” he said."

Golly gee. I wonder why he wasn't at Gillette getting "feedback" from the fans???

* Once again winner BB called it right. Goal line cameras/sensors, etc.

I was in the "they can put any game at any time and still get ratings" camp for a long time.

This trend might stick. I primarily blame poor play/poor match ups.

Just as I said they would. Ratings hopped right back up after the election

Just as I said they would. Ratings hopped right back up after the election
That and this was the most entertaining weekend of football in some time. The Pats/Hawks, Cowboys/Steelers, and Broncos/Saints games were all excellent.

can you prove the ratings went up because the election is over?
Not yet but the data is certainly in my favor, Especially when you consider news ratings are way down, and the Nfl ratings took a dip in previous elections, I have previously stated that the Election is not the only factor, but certainly a large one. Theres no doubt the monday and thursday game are still going to do poorly

Not yet but the data is certainly in my favor, Especially when you consider news ratings are way down, and the Nfl ratings took a dip in previous elections, I have previously stated that the Election is not the only factor, but certainly a large one. Theres no doubt the monday and thursday game are still going to do poorly
what data do you have that suggested the ratings were down because of the election? a pol? what exactly? basically its just your opinion.

what data do you have that suggested the ratings were down because of the election? a pol? what exactly? basically its just your opinion.

The same thing happened in 2012 for one. Also, you are aware that the games during the day really haven't dropped off that much? Denver and Oakland played a week and a half ago on sunday night and the ratings were horrible. That was a good game with 2 good fan bases. As soon as the election ends, the ratings for the sunday night game went way up, wow news ratings went way down.

"fightingirish595, post: 4819484, member: 30894As soon as the election ends, the ratings for the sunday night game went way up, wow news ratings went way down.

It's only been one game and that game was a Super Bowl rematch from two years ago. Lets see how the rest of the slate plays out before making any predictions about post-election trends.

I have watched as many football games as possible, since the Colts beat the Cowboys in the superbowl on a field goal in the early 70's. I am also a 30+ year season ticket holder & I coach youth football.

I guess, I should be considered a hard core football fan.

That being said, for the first time in my life, I have turned off games, & skipped 1pm games "when the Pat's are playing a 4pm or night game.

I believe that having to watch the same "big market" mediocre teams over & over has not helped.

Seems like every weekend, we get the Bears, Packers, or Jets. It doesn't matter how bad the Bears are, they still get as many prime time games as anyone year after year.

They need to flex more games & give the fans the games they want to see.

I do not want to see the Bears or Packers again this year.

Update:

Halfway through the season, I have watched the Patriots. My viewing time for other NFL games is as follows: 00:00.

My wife can't believe that I am following through on my vow to boycott the rest of the league due to Defamegate; most of my friends thought I would get over it and cave, but I'm not going to. I hope others will follow. Every day that goes by it becomes more apparent that Roger Goodell is among the scummiest human beings on the planet and the owners have created him in their own image.

The same thing happened in 2012 for one. Also, you are aware that the games during the day really haven't dropped off that much? Denver and Oakland played a week and a half ago on sunday night and the ratings were horrible. That was a good game with 2 good fan bases. As soon as the election ends, the ratings for the sunday night game went way up, wow news ratings went way down.
opinion not fact. you are guessing just like i am. it was the game that drove up the ratings imo. i don't care when that game was played. the ratings would go up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back