PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Early Season Ratings Decline Continues for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
omfg hahaha, i decided to take a dip into inbred Colts land and it looks like one of their mensa posters identified the exact cause of the ratings drop:

hahahahahaha

sherls.gif

wow... What a ****tard. I know it shouldn't but that actually makes me angry.

omfg hahaha, i decided to take a dip into inbred Colts land and it looks like one of their mensa posters identified the exact cause of the ratings drop:

hahahahahaha

They really have some special people over there, huh?

...the idea of OLs and DBs trying new ways to hold and not get caught on every play...

There's so much stupid in that statement, it's hard to know where to begin. Does he really think that linemen now are committing holding differently than linemen 20 or 30 years ago and cornerbacks are interfering with receivers in different ways? Have players grown new fingers or arms over that time period? The general line of thinking doesn't make any sense. Does this person not watch basketball or hockey because fouls and penalties are called?

Since this is coming from a Colts fan, he thinks "cheating" is hurting the game, but doesn't seem bothered by his team inventing a false story to smear the team that's been kicking their butt. That's a great example for this kids - "I know you didn't get the highest grade in the class and you really wanted to, but don't worry. We'll just make up a story that the kid with the best grade cheated. That'll make you feel better about yourself."

hahahahahaha

sherls.gif

Play this while reading this post....it makes it 100x better....

kodi with live sports add on. Exodus add on for any other show or movie.

With an internet connection that's all you need.

I use Sports Devil. Are there any other add ons better than that? Sports Devil has been crystal clear for me so far this year and rarely skips.

I just saw it today's TNF is Jags x Titans, god d%#*!@t who is the brilliant mind who makes this choices, I remember last year they also had a TNF between these 2, it was a torture session.

This is ominous.
While NYJFL ratings continue to sink, MLB ratings up 30% for planetary* series game.
I'd figure that big population Chicago is one reason plus the Cubs 1st since I was an infant. A moribund boring activity (OK, OK, I didn't watch) going up while Goodell's NFL plummets.

*Written in 2016 before Musk's Mars team participated

I use Sports Devil. Are there any other add ons better than that? Sports Devil has been crystal clear for me so far this year and rarely skips.

Sports Devil is what I meant to say. Not perfect but good enough.

I just saw it today's TNF is Jags x Titans, god d%#*!@t who is the brilliant mind who makes this choices, I remember last year they also had a TNF between these 2, it was a torture session.

Going into the year I was expecting the Tennessee Tuxedos to be fringe WC team and they still have a shot. 9-7 maybe...

JAX.....ugh. Bortles has regressed

It really doesn't matter who they pick for Thirsday games as it simply is not enough time to recover from Sunday and get ready for the game. The only possible way to do Thursday games is making them intra divisional with both teams getting the bye the week before. They would probably have to expand the bye weeks to two per team or cut Thursday games to 9, Thanksgiving plus 8 divisional games.

The NFL *used* to skip Sunday Night Football during the World Series so as to not compete with a major sporting event and, IMHO, show some respect to another league. In 2010 they abandoned that tradition.

It'll be very interesting to see how things play out this Sunday with the overnights.

Going into the year I was expecting the Tennessee Tuxedos to be fringe WC team and they still have a shot. 9-7 maybe...

JAX.....ugh. Bortles has regressed

Bortles was never really good in the first place. He's an excellent example of why people need to look deeper into stats. For one, he has the worst QB rating of any QB in the league since the beginning of 2014. For another, those stats that he put up in 2015 mostly came late in the game when the team was down multiple scores (usually due to one or more of his turnovers). He's simply not a very good quarterback and his mechanics and throwing motion are awful. He winds up like Byron Leftwich.

TNF and even some MNF games are so bad to watch. Terrible teams. Looking forward to probably the Browns, Lions and TB next year.

Bortles was never really good in the first place. He's an excellent example of why people need to look deeper into stats. For one, he has the worst QB rating of any QB in the league since the beginning of 2014. For another, those stats that he put up in 2015 mostly came late in the game when the team was down multiple scores (usually due to one or more of his turnovers). He's simply not a very good quarterback and his mechanics and throwing motion are awful. He winds up like Byron Leftwich.

I never felt he was anything good either. Just a lot of hype coming out of the draft.

I never felt he was anything good either. Just a lot of hype coming out of the draft.

Indeed. Not only are his mechanics absolute crap, but he also has WAYYYY too much trust in Robinson and Hurns. A lot of his interceptions come when he forces the ball to them on what he probably deems to be 50/50 balls which are really 30/70 balls. The pocket presence isn't there either as he tends to get strip sacked because the internal clock in his head isn't going off when he's sitting in the pocket. He's one quarterback that could really benefit from a shifty guy like Welker or Edelman to put in the slot and get open quickly off the press underneath. Not only would it help him, but it would help Jacksonville's pass protection too.

I figured he would cut back on his INTs this year but nope.

wow... What a ****tard. I know it shouldn't but that actually makes me angry.

You should feel pitty for him instead of anger, he's a total mess mentally over the Patriots curb stomping Luck and the Colts in that AFCCG.

He's one of the few posters over there that actually, truly believe that Brady cheated to let air out of the balls and that it was the determining factor in the game. To their credit, not all of them will go that far but quite a few do, even when their own posters point out that it was only an 8 pt lead at half (with alleged deflation) and then the Pats piled on another 28 in the 2nd half.. their response is that the Patriots wouldnt have stolen momentum and got that 8 pt lead if not for the dirty cheater Brady

It's entertainment value for me, some of them probably need to see a therapist just to cope with Brady and the Pats

This is ominous.
While NYJFL ratings continue to sink, MLB ratings up 30% for planetary* series game.
I'd figure that big population Chicago is one reason plus the Cubs 1st since I was an infant. A moribund boring activity (OK, OK, I didn't watch) going up while Goodell's NFL plummets.

*Written in 2016 before Musk's Mars team participated

I used to love baseball, and I still like it, but MLB is further down the NFL's "fat pigs get slaughtered" problem. Last night was a 5-1 game and it took 4 freaking hours due to all the commercials, pitching changes, foul balls, etc. I can't watch that again, it was torture. But other than the commercial maximization issue, their problems are different than the NFL's, and frankly are more fixable at this point because they don't have the credibility problem that the NFL has with Goodell in charge.

I used to love baseball, and I still like it, but MLB is further down the NFL's "fat pigs get slaughtered" problem. Last night was a 5-1 game and it took 4 freaking hours due to all the commercials, pitching changes, foul balls, etc. I can't watch that again, it was torture. But other than the commercial maximization issue, their problems are different than the NFL's, and frankly are more fixable at this point because they don't have the credibility problem that the NFL has with Goodell in charge.

I "watched" it last night too, which means it was on in the background while I did other things, but could take an occasional peek at the score.

Actually baseball ratings are way up, they're not far behind the nfl in total revenue either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back