PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Early Season Ratings Decline Continues for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The games are not on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu are they?
No. Probably has a digital antenna. We went with a Mohu Sky. If you live outside New England, you obviously can't go with that option. We dumped cable over a year ago and haven't missed it either.

No, games via streaming options. Regular channels via a digital rooftop antenna. Am considering dropping Amazon though - even with the free PRIME shipping, their programming options are too duplicative of the other two and their original programming by and large is frankly - terrible.

The NYFL isn't losing viewers. They're just viewing less.

Right now that could be correct Fraudger. Good boy.

What comes next?

Last edited:
No. Probably has a digital antenna. We went with a Mohu Sky. If you live outside New England, you obviously can't go with that option. We dumped cable over a year ago and haven't missed it either.
I've been thinking about it as well, just because xfinity is so ridiculous... although I did b*tch to them and got 40 bucks off/month and all the movie channels for 2 years... maybe when that is done, I'll ditch them for an HD antenna, thanks for the recommendation.

I've been thinking about it as well, just because xfinity is so ridiculous... although I did b*tch to them and got 40 bucks off/month and all the movie channels for 2 years... maybe when that is done, I'll ditch them for an HD antenna, thanks for the recommendation.

I just helped a buddy of mine hook up his HD antennae and he got all local channels plus some odd channels in crystal clear. $60 dollar antennae.

This one.

Amazon product ASIN B0024R4B5C
Note: They do sell antennas with rotational control which might be better but this one is the antenna my buddy got.

That's way too much. Get one for $12. Edit: RCA Air Flat HDTV Antenna. It looks like a translucent butterfly, taped it to window. Works great! More $ does not improve HD antenna, nor powered ones. FYI. And usually all channels come from same direction for a particular city, so directional ones not much help, even if you wanted to keep turning them around for every channel.

Last edited:
But let's focus on the really important issues, like excessive celebrations.

Thursday night and Sunday night are the real big ones here. MNF could be partially explained by the cable-cutters who are causing ESPN's subscribers to drop. Not a surprise that they've dropped more than the others. But the others are all available freely over the air; those are huge declines.

This is like the excitement at the end of a movie when the sidekick chick clenches her fist and cold clocks the villain in front of everyone.

Would be so great to see some cost cutting at the NYJFL offices. Pink slips galore. Burn it down.

I saw an NFL advertisement trying to sell the JAKE BORTLES VS MARCUS MARIOTA TNF game. hahahahaha

I know, who wants to watch that game? Even the fans of those teams must dread having to watch them play each other.

omfg hahaha, i decided to take a dip into inbred Colts land and it looks like one of their mensa posters identified the exact cause of the ratings drop:

No. NFL ratings were never based on seeing violent hits. It was based upon watching competent play.

I think the expanding NFL culture of trying to get away with cheating on every play is hurting the game. Not only do the antics of Brady hurt the game, but the perception of HGH usage (and the increase in injuries and churning of rosters) as well as just the idea of OLs and DBs trying new ways to hold and not get caught on every play makes it less entertaining to watch than before, IMO.

It would be like watching a NASCAR race where you knew that every car didn't meet specs in some way, but who won the race would depend upon which official caught which driver cheating. The game wouldn't be about building and driving the best car, it would be about who could get away with what. Maybe in some circles, who can get away what might be interesting, but for most people, its not something they relate to, hence the decline in ratings.

hahahahahaha

sherls.gif

kodi with live sports add on. Exodus add on for any other show or movie.

With an internet connection that's all you need.

omfg hahaha, i decided to take a dip into inbred Colts land and it looks like one of their mensa posters identified the exact cause of the ratings drop:

hahahahahaha

I'm beginning to wonder if Irsay is just Quality Assurance for all the meth sales at Colts games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft