PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Brady is the best ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike is just stirring the pot of the fans from the other 31 teams with that one. In the world of social media and the traffic it provides, especially for that site, I'm guessing that article will make its way around and NBC will be just fine with it.

I just like that he's been more vocal against the league over the past year, which has been refreshing. But I'm guessing the tide will turn at some point in terms of what's written there about this team. :rolleyes:

Mike is just stirring the pot of the fans from the other 31 teams with that one. In the world of social media and the traffic it provides, especially for that site, I'm guessing that article will make its way around and NBC will be just fine with it.

I just like that he's been more vocal against the league over the past year, which has been refreshing. But I'm guessing the tide will turn at some point in terms of what's written there about this team. :rolleyes:

201 wins. Maybe the tide will turn to recognize we are watching a legend in the last years of his career and enjoy it.

201 wins. Maybe the tide will turn to recognize we are watching a legend in the last years of his career and enjoy it.
I still can't believe it when I hear people start making the argument for guys like Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, etc. possibly being better than Brady right now. Based on what??? Honestly, until the guy really drops off, it's a discussion that just can't be had. The one against Manning people could try and make and sort of make a hair of an argument (and still be wrong ;) ), but the fact Brady broke his wins record in fewer seasons should have already settled that one too.

I still can't believe it when I hear people start making the argument for guys like Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, etc. possibly being better than Brady right now. Based on what??? Honestly, until the guy really drops off, it's a discussion that just can't be had. The one against Manning people could try and make and sort of have a hair of an argument (and still be wrong ;) ), but the fact Brady broke his wins record in fewer seasons should have already settled that one too.

I love the story. Manning, a HOF QB's son, picked #1 in the draft felt entitled to all the accolades but wait a second......who's that? ...... Pick 199.... entitled to nothing but earned everything .... Tom Brady.... it wasn't supposed to work out this way... I was supposed to be the hero..... Awe shucks.... he got 201 wins and twice as many SB's ..... maybe my wife should have had Avocado ice cream delivered instead of HGH...

Stating that Patriots "cheated" = zero credibility.

Florio's life is a day to day adventure with his keyboard regurgitating words he deems relevant for the day.
Lather - rinse - repeat ...............

I love the story. Manning, a HOF QB's son, picked #1 in the draft felt entitled to all the accolades but wait a second......who's that? ...... Pick 199.... entitled to nothing but earned everything .... Tom Brady.... it wasn't supposed to work out this way... I was supposed to be the hero..... Awe shucks.... he got 201 wins and twice as many SB's ..... maybe my wife should have had Avocado ice cream delivered instead of HGH...
It is a great story, and remains a testament to Tom Brady's life and career. I would not hold anything against Peyton, or Eli, or anybody else regarding their backgrounds; we should judge athletes by their performance on the field, which includes their response to adversity-which everybody faces at one time or another-and ability to win in sometimes traumatic conditions, and in hostile environments.

Brady, Montana and Unitas reside in a pretty exclusive class. Each of those guys could and did take a less than perfect, less than superior, less than dominant team and win a championship, and they did it more than once. There's a big list just a cut below them.

Couldn't agree more that it's for clicks and eyeballs. Articles about Brady and the Patriots tend to get a lot more comments there than other teams and therefore there will be more articles about them to come. I do think Florio and his writers are way more objective and level headed on the Patriots than he was in the spygate days. There's noticeably less of the snark and sarcasm. I think his objectivity was a big factor in changing the general narrative on Deflategate.

I think this team will always be resented by a lot of fans of the other 31, just for turning the whole league upside down in 2001 and destroying forever the NFL they loved...that dynasties are big stars, big names and a big bad team running wild over inferior teams and franchises and dominating the league. ANd along comes the "Patsies" of all teams, to upset the apple cart and rewrite the book on what a dynasty and dominating team really is in the modern NFL. According to a lot of fans inferior franchises like the Patriots are supposed to meekly get out of the way of the iconic franchises, those big bad teams with big stars and big names and rich histories like the Steelers or Cowboys. Guys like Brady, drafted 199 overall are supposed to suck and be out of the league quickly not become the greatest of all time. That was the natural order of the NFL and the Pats rewrote the book. A lot of fans miss the way it was and for that there will always be a natural resentment. To me it explains the resentment and anger over the tuck rule game even from non Raider fans.

Either way I don't think this team will be an afterthought in anyone's mind anytime for the foresseable future and I'm good with that. :D Better to get 200 comments on a PFT Pats article than 2! LOL

Last edited:
Here's the one thing that gets overlooked in TB's game. I've been watching football since the mid 70's and there isn't one QB that is better than TB at pre snap reads and getting his team into the better play and then identifying at the snap where the ball should go. He is surgical at this part of his game and I think it points to the preparation he puts in every week.

I did not think Nikolai looked like this
th

Word. :cool:

I still can't believe it when I hear people start making the argument for guys like Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, etc. possibly being better than Brady right now. Based on what??? Honestly, until the guy really drops off, it's a discussion that just can't be had. The one against Manning people could try and make and sort of make a hair of an argument (and still be wrong ;) ), but the fact Brady broke his wins record in fewer seasons should have already settled that one too.
Lots of people believe that Bill Russell and Bobby Orr are not by far the best players ever in their respective sports...

Reactions: Ian
When Brady went down in 2008...what would have been his 8th year starting...I remember thinking, "Crap. Not many years left of having the best QB in football play for my team."

There is no way I would have believed anyone who said he'd put together 8 outstanding seasons after that. Two or three? Sure. Four, maybe five? That would have been wishful thinking. Instead, it's been eight and counting and the last three beyond what I thought would have been "wishful thinking" may have actually been his best, all things considered.

That's why he's the best. He's freaking 39 and doing some all-time best quarterbacking.

Regards,
Chris

Here's the one thing that gets overlooked in TB's game. I've been watching football since the mid 70's and there isn't one QB that is better than TB at pre snap reads and getting his team into the better play and then identifying at the snap where the ball should go. He is surgical at this part of his game and I think it points to the preparation he puts in every week.

... and without all those ridiculous pre-snap histrionics.

This is the secret to his success, since the start of 2014 in particular. He's won the play before the ball is even snapped. Nobody can read a defense's reaction within 2 seconds after the snap with any regularity, so he has to know where he's going with the ball before the snap, with maybe 1 second tops after the snap to confirm his read before making the throw. He's the best at this by far.

It's a big reason why he beat Seattle in SB49. There is no way that OL holds up against Seattle if Tom is holding the ball longer than he did that game.

It's also a big reason he lost last year's AFCCG as Denver as they were effective at masking their pre-snap coverages, much better than they did in the regular season matchup. Every now and then Rex Ryan throws together a gameplan that gives Tom trouble with pre-snap reads. But these are the exceptions without a doubt.

Regards,
Chris

This is the secret to his success, since the start of 2014 in particular. He's won the play before the ball is even snapped. Nobody can read a defense's reaction within 2 seconds after the snap with any regularity, so he has to know where he's going with the ball before the snap, with maybe 1 second tops after the snap to confirm his read before making the throw. He's the best at this by far.

It's a big reason why he beat Seattle in SB49. There is no way that OL holds up against Seattle if Tom is holding the ball longer than he did that game.

It's also a big reason he lost last year's AFCCG as Denver as they were effective at masking their pre-snap coverages, much better than they did in the regular season matchup. Every now and then Rex Ryan throws together a gameplan that gives Tom trouble with pre-snap reads. But these are the exceptions without a doubt.

Regards,
Chris
Not a new phenomenon; veteran quarterbacks (Grogan, for example) called their own plays and recognized and adjusted to defenses. This is a huge factor in Tom's success today, despite him being older.

Not a new phenomenon; veteran quarterbacks (Grogan, for example) called their own plays and recognized and adjusted to defenses. This is a huge factor in Tom's success today, despite him being older.
Definitely not new, but Tom has taken the pre-snap read to a whole new level. The ball is out of his hands so quickly, it's insane.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3