Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Worst play in NFL history, snapfu or buttfumble?

• Snapfu

Votes: 71 66.4%
  • Buttfumble

Votes: 36 33.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best part of the Snapfu was the sense of inevitability. The Pats didn't miss a beat and just rolled with it and before the snap it was like the whole world knew what was going to happen. Even the stupid Colt players knew or must have known and they did it anyway. And then hearing Al Michaels muttering "What the….". I am laughing just thinking about it.

OH DEAR GOD.............

"In truth, he never should have been in this position in the first place.

"Just miscommunication between all of us," Whalen said afterward, understandably trying to say as little as possible.

Did the coaches tell you to snap the ball?

"That's the part that was miscommunicated," Whalen said.

Colt on fake punt: 'Complete cluster'; Patriot on fake punt: 'You know, Colts'

Interpretation: No coach told Whalen (snapper) what to do if the other team did not bite.

This play is not only the worst playcall in NFL history, it is the worst prepared play in NFL history.

The part I put in bold, gets even funnier when you learn that they've been practicing that play for over a year, according to Pat McAfee...

The Patriots are like the sirens of Greek Mythology. They would lure sailors into towards shore where their boats would be destroyed on the rocks.. The Patriots are the sirens of the NFL causing teams to self-implode. Look at the teams they beat on the road to SB 49...and where they are since...
Ravens are 1-5 and in meltdown mode.....Seahawks are 2-4 and have blown 4 fourth quarter leads...
and the Colts are the best of the lot at 3-3 only because they play in the crappiest division.....and the masters of the dumbest play since a PAtriots coach called for an onside kick and told the kicker...but not the rest of the unit..Yes, that actually happened in the 60's IIRC.....and you can guess the rest of it...

That's 6-12 and only the Colts look like they may back in to the playoffs......

BDS.

Belichick Derangement Syndrome.

Just ask the Seattle Seahawks.

There's so many different ways to look at it. The question is "worst play" and to me Snapfu was awful from beginning to end. This play's awfulness included not just awful players on the field but awful coaches on the sideline too. Butttfumble is really about how awful one player is. I agree Buttfumble is far funnier and will be known by far more fans for a far longer period of time, but when push comes to shove, to me Snapfu meets the definition of "worst play" better than Buttfumble does.

It's a little like asking which of your kids you love more. They're both at 11, you know?

But I had to give it to the Snapfu. The Buttfumble was watching the Keystone Cops try to catch a criminal. The Snapfu was watching the Keystone Cops try to tickle a criminal with a cowboy boot full of peanut butter. Just...what now???

My kids are 40 & 35 many times have not liked either one of them..

Agree with the Snapfu as the worse though, that was sheer idiocy..

Sure there will be many memes about how BB had the team practice for that in last week's practice..

Butt fumble will always be 1st for me compared to this, Snap fu is a close 2nd, just because it involved the Jets.

Snafu is more on the coach - Buttfumble is more players execution.

In a similar situation, Tom Landry seriously said: It was a TEAM effort

It reflects badly on everybody and is comical

Snafu is more on the coach - Buttfumble is more players execution.

In a similar situation, Tom Landry seriously said: It was a TEAM effort

It reflects badly on everybody and is comical
Buttfumble was as much Big Vince blasting the OL backwards as it was a Jets mistake. Snapfu was a completely self inflicted disaster.

Buttfumble is by far the catchier name, and the name helps it be remembered.

Maybe we can consider other names than Snapfu?

"4th-and-Colt"
"4th-and-dumb"
"4th and Pagano"
"the swinging Colt play"
"4th and out of the club"

my favorite, though insensitive:

#ChuckDumb

Last edited:
And how can the players not feel they have the discretion to call a time out to get out of an obvious terrible play?????

(Actually, taking delay of game is better than a TO in that situation, but I'd understand a non-Pats player not having the guts to make that particular choice.)

If the other team is not biting on this trick play pre-snap, isn't taking the delay of game penalty the obvious default option? Was Pagano at fault for not making sure the snapper understood this or is the snapper at fault for not understanding this?

What I want to know is where the hell Goodell is on this?
I mean C'mon...the integrity of the shield!!!
:rolleyes:

We need to put this into historical context:

Brave
images

Courageous
images

Superior
images

Dumb
Snapfu.jpg

Buttfumble is by far the catchier name, and the name helps it be remembered.

Maybe we can consider other names than Snapfu?

"4th-and-Colt"
"4th-and-dumb"
"4th and Pagano"
"the swinging Colt play"
"4th and out of the club"

my favorite, though insensitive:

#ChuckDumb

Puntbungle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back