PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First Female to Tryout for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Science has proven physiological differences between a male athlete at his physical peak and a female athlete at her physical peak. If we're talking about a kicker, this is a female athlete that, as has been admitted throughout the thread, more than likely is not at her physical peak. But based upon your first two paragraphs, you seem resigned to this fact so I have to think that you posted just to argue based on emotion. Either that, or I completely misunderstood the point you were trying to make...

I have to think you quoted the wrong person. My post was the furthest thing from an emotional response and I really don't understand how anything you wrote relates to anything I wrote.

The Official Website of the Independent Women's Football League: Roster

OK, let's go case by individual case....YOU state unequivocally that this is bigotry if she is not allowed to try out for and then play for an NFL team....while shunning the obvious opportunity to play in an established national women's league.

OK...let's play the "on an individual basis" game and insist on complete and utter equality...and let's use a different sport(since you insist that it's bigotry if ANY opportunity to individually compete is breached)....let's use ice hockey as a gender norming test tube...

here's the B.U. women's hockey roster...

Official Women's Ice Hockey Roster - Official Website of the Boston University Department of Athletics

the biggest woman on this roster is 5'11" with most between the 5'6" to 5'8" range.

Using a hypothetical that certainly could become reality, as Title IX has so starkly demonstrated, the BU men's team is dismantled just as the PC men's baseball team was. OK, then you have MEN who want to play collegiate hockey as students of B.U. According to you, on an individual basis, any single man should not EVER be excluded from trying out and making the B.U. hockey team that's left, due to Title IX.

OK...Zdeno Chiara's 6'8" 280 pound son, Georgi wants to play for BU on the only hockey team that exists and , because individually, it's un-American and bigoted to prevent him from doing so, he makes the team. Let's sweeten the pot a little at this point....YOUR daughter, 5'6" 150 pound Penny Betters, is a winger. First practice with the new gender normed Chiara on the ice, she goes into the corner for a puck and gets crosschecked by Chiara hard into the boards.Six months later ,after screws and metal rods have been surgically implanted in the broken vertebrae she suffered, and she comes home to live the rest of her life in a wheel chair eating meals from a straw, YOU, the champion of absolute and complete gender norming ,on an individual basis of course, will still be extolling the virtue of your PC stance,in this case substituting he for she... if he does all the tasks necessary for the job, and does them better than the competition, then he's earned the job....that's right , he earned it...and your daughter is a crippled vegetable as a result. Sure, I can see you out there with a bullhorn railing against the gross inequities of these bigoted, un-American animals who would try to prevent such a tragic circumstance.

I think the point is that someone 5'8" 150lbs, male or female, wouldn't be able to do the job or do it better than the competition so wouldn't be in the situation you describe.

This thread topic is the absurdity.

To your point....

Moshe Kai Cavalin, The 11-Year-Old College Graduate With 4.0 GPA (VIDEO)

the kid is an accomplished martial artist also.....LET'S GIVE HIM A SHOT!!!..after all, he meets the criteria.

I don't think the topic is absurd, because the answer that's really the right one, that any league should be able to form its own rules of inclusion and exclusion, is already barred by the invasive application of law by the governments. Absent that, I think the topic is a good one, but it's destined to eventually end up as a political one.

You realize that part of the criteria is being able to take hits from 300+ pound men, right? On that basis alone, no 11 year old will make it. I doubt a woman will either, but that's what tryouts are for.

where is THIS written rule? an accomplished martial artist can't take hits because of his age, but this woman, who shuns trying out for an already established pro football wopmen's league, is suddenly impervious to Bernard Pollard crippling her for life?

bang that PC drum, boys!!!! The hell with it...you all want to see it so desperately let's take it right across the board.

no more men's pro tennis matches...all gender normed now!!!!!on a case by case basis of course...gee , this is great sport!!! can't wait!

and MLB??? watch out boys, here come the girls!!!! whoopee!!! the Queen and her court are gonna show all you bigoted un-Americans from now on! A-Rod can't wait to try their lipstick..

10864807-standard.jpg

every 5'5" ice hockey winger in the country, COME ON DOWN!!!! The NHL has a spot for YOU, the 145 pound whiz on skates...why here's a spot right here in Montreal on the Canadiens...look at that crowd go wild with gender norming ecstasy!!! About time...if a shrimp like Yvan Cournoyer can play for Montreal and win championships, you can too, Charlene!!!

Everywhere across all sports, the PC Brigade has declared FINAL VICTORY!!!!! Now THAT is what REAL competition is all about, boy...yessirree...this is sporting heaven!!

bang that PC drum, boys!!!! The hell with it...you all want to see it so desperately let's take it right across the board.

no more men's pro tennis matches...all gender normed now!!!!!on a case by case basis of course...gee , this is great sport!!! can't wait!

Therein lies the folly of the PC "equality" argument. If all sports were gender normed very few women would be participants. It would make complete sense on multiple levels for the NFL to officially ban female "tryouts." But they're not, and it's reasonable to wonder why.

I think the point is that someone 5'8" 150lbs, male or female, wouldn't be able to do the job or do it better than the competition so wouldn't be in the situation you describe.

Yvan Cournoyer. Position: RW ▫ Shoots: Left Height: 5-7 ▫ Weight: 178 lbs

Hall of Fame Canadian hockey player

How'd HE get in that situation? I just showed you the BU women's hockey team..there's women on it 5'8" to 5'11"...using YOUR argument , how do they NOT get in that situation and Cournoyer does?

Couldn't be a difference between the sexes because , as already demonstrated in this thread, there is absolutely , 100% NO ROOM for any un-American bigoted bias allowed in making any distinction based on sex.

The NFL should expressly prohibit Roethlisberger from taking snaps from a female center.

The NFL should expressly prohibit Roethlisberger from taking snaps from a female center.

best post in this entire sad sack thread...at this point I recuse myself from further hallucinogenic future shock.

Yvan Cournoyer. Position: RW ▫ Shoots: Left Height: 5-7 ▫ Weight: 178 lbs

Hall of Fame Canadian hockey player

How'd HE get in that situation? I just showed you the BU women's hockey team..there's women on it 5'8" to 5'11"...using YOUR argument , how do they NOT get in that situation and Cournoyer does?

Couldn't be a difference between the sexes because , as already demonstrated in this thread, there is absolutely , 100% NO ROOM for any un-American bigoted bias allowed in making any distinction based on sex.

Because he has nearly 30lbs on her? Otherwise, I doubt it would make a difference.

If you don't have your head up in the corner you have a chance to break your neck and it doesn't matter if you are a male or female.

That reminds me of an old Burt Reynolds joke, when someone accused him of male chauvenism. "No, you've got it all wrong," he said. "I love women for their mind. But it's got to be a tight, snappy mind."

There is really only 1 issue to debate. If a woman were to be as capable as a man for the role of kicker, should she be given the opportunity.

The issue not to discuss is whether or not -you- think it is possible to find this person. That just leads to misogyny, and frankly no one cares if you think it possible.

Love you too dear.

Talking about whether or not you think there are women who can play football in the NFL does not lead to a hatred of women, any more than talking about whether or not men can give birth leads to a hatred of men. I'm sorry the PC police have gotten you so thoroughly screwed up that you felt the need to post that notion, but...

It's laugh out loud funny.

Even if she was good enough, it would be too much of a media distraction to have her.

I think that if a woman can play the game at a high level and sustain the physicality of the sport, then they belong.. but i dont really see how a woman, even someone in the top 2% percentile for their gender, would be more fit than a male athlete.

The only other problem with women in the NFL is that it affects the locker room. I had a female on my team when I was young in Pop Warner, and she definitely came to play and was better than most of the guys, it wasn;t just some statement her and her parents were trying to make, this girl could play football at that level and wasnt afraid of any of the guys... but they did have to do special things for her when it came to getting uniform fittings, state weigh ins, etc.. they obviously had to segregate her when we were all changing and doing things like that..

That would be a primary concern as a player if there were a woman on the team.. How is it going to affect the locker room? Can they just walk around naked or is she going to file a sexual harassment complaint on them? Does she shower just like "one of the guys" or does she have to have her own shower and locker room?

I guess after watching movies like Starship Troopers, it would have to be a unisex type locker room and the guys would have to deal with her being naked and she would have to deal with guys being naked. I don't see how you could get around it any other way really.

Although from what I understand, female reporters are allowed inside a locker room and guys don't really make a lot of effort to cover up and will just walk around totally naked.. The first female reporter that makes a stink or files a sexual harassment lawsuit against a player or a team though for something in the locker room will be the day that they aren't allowed in the locker rooms anymore.

TL;DR If she can beat out a man for the job, then she deserves it... but it could have an adverse affect on the locker room.

It's laugh out loud funny.

It does not come as a surprise to me (nor probably most of these forum members) that you find hateful comments about women hilariously funny. Please, let me know when there is news.

It does not come as a surprise to me (nor probably most of these forum members) that you find hateful comments about women hilariously funny. Please, let me know when there is news.

1.) There was nothing remotely hateful in what I posted, and you trying to paint me as a bad guy with your response is a classic example of what the PC police do when confronted with inconvenient truths.

2.) "Hateful" is a subjective word, generally misused stupidly and as a weapon, by the PC police. That's exactly what you did here.

3.) The notion that acknowledging scientifically proven differences between men and women are true and could/should have practical impact is hateful is a moronic notion.

4.) PC police don't intimidate me, because I really don't care if people think I'm mean/bad/hateful etc.... My suggestion to you is that you take that weak sauce to someone else who might be cowed into submission.

Wow, degenerated to points already? I must have hit a nerve. It comes as a great relief to me to know that you have them. However, it makes no difference to what can be clearly seen. I don't have to provide any proof. You consistently do all that work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes