PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fins want Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB must love all the Manny talk and now the Favre, Pennington talk as it diverts all the attention from the Patriots..

do any of these moves have serious salary cap implications??

Last edited:
I know I love it. Anything to put us under the radar is good with me.

LMAO, look at PFT's editorial comment on this :

"Of course, because Pennington hasn’t been released, any such communications would constitute tampering, unless the Jets have given Pennington permission to talk to other teams.

Even if Pennington hasn’t gotten such permission, Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum likely wouldn’t blow the whistle on Parcells, who has been Tannenbaum’s mentor and confidant. Such an overt act of ingratitude would be as outlandish as, say, coach Eric Mangini tattling on his own mentor, Bill Belichick.

Oh, wait. Never mind."

"Of course, because Pennington hasn’t been released, any such communications would constitute tampering, unless the Jets have given Pennington permission to talk to other teams.

Even if Pennington hasn’t gotten such permission, Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum likely wouldn’t blow the whistle on Parcells, who has been Tannenbaum’s mentor and confidant. Such an overt act of ingratitude would be as outlandish as, say, coach Eric Mangini tattling on his own mentor, Bill Belichick.

Oh, wait. Never mind."

Beat me to it.

Funny stuff.

Gotta like the fact that teams in our division are looking for their QB on the first week of preseason.

Oh, wait. Never mind."

Ya know, they're saying it tongue in cheek, but they're probably right. Since Parcells is outgoing, loud-mouthed, and says controversial things to help sell headlines, he's seen in the media as someone who deserves more respect than Belichick.

Someone tattles on Parcells' bending of the rules = A travesty, a complete disgrace in the coaching/management fraternity.

Someone tattles on Belichick's bending of the rules = He just had to do what was right for the game.

Also probably has something to do with the fact that the Dolphins REALLY need all the breaks they can get ;)

Last edited:
How funny would it be if Pennington went to the Dolphins and beat the Favre led Jets in week one?

How funny would it be if Pennington went to the Dolphins and beat the Favre led Jets in week one?

Haha, oh man, the look on Mangini's face would sustain me for the rest of my life! :D

Gotta like the fact that teams in our division are looking for their QB on the first week of preseason.

Not only that but one is an injury prone noodle arm and the other one is on the downside...

If he can keep him upright Chad is a perfect fit for Tuna. He's highly coachable, willing, good leader, company guy, will help Tuna mentor young QB's whom he tends to take lots of time warming to, and Chad has just enough of the gunslinger moxie to pull a couple of victories from the jaws of defeat. Could get Tuna to a respectable 7-8 win season which would likely tickle the old geezer pink.

The Jets open against the Phins. Classic!

A Jets loss would have NY crying for Mangini's head after one game :)

Last edited:
Haha, oh man, the look on Mangini's face would sustain me for the rest of my life! :D

A week ago I never would have expected that one to be a must see game. If this happens I'm getting tickets asap. Heck, I should go anyways just to watch favre's first couple interceptions of the season.

Parcells is the one who drafted Chad so it makes sense.

Everyone would jump all over Favre and the Jets, but it would be totally unfair because Favre is joining a new team late after spending all those years in one offense, while Pennington is...umm...err...

Wait, there must be SOME reason why none of it is Favre's fault, right? ;)

Woah! woah woah woah!... phew... When I saw the title of this thread I thought it meant Chad Jackson. :confused:

When the name "Chad" comes up on this board "Pennington" isn't usually who comes to mind.

Everyone would jump all over Favre and the Jets, but it would be totally unfair because Favre is joining a new team late after spending all those years in one offense, while Pennington is...umm...err...

Wait, there must be SOME reason why none of it is Favre's fault, right? ;)
Those bastitches in Green Bay jerked him around and kept him out of Training Camp...poor Lord Brett, so abused. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Those bastitches in Green Bay jerked him around and kept him out of Training Camp...poor Lord Brett, so abused. :rolleyes:

I don't understand how (maybe why is a better word) so many people continue to maintain that the Packers jerked him around when they were prepared to take him back in April and he changed his mind yet again.

He brought this on himself.

Was I the only one who was expecting this thread to be about Chad Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back