PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning

n=1

Go find a few more.

Either way, doesn't matter, longevity is important.

N = first checked.

You know... checked. Something you should have been doing about your data, but obviously ignored.

Re: FINALLY someone national brings up playing conditions regarding Brady and Manning

Profootball focus best pass protecting oline: Indianapolis Colts FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2010 OFFENSIVE LINES

You watch footbal on tv and that makes you a world authority on football? Lol

Where do you think the writers on FootballOutsiders watch it? :confused:

Big deal. The Patriots won a superbowl with one of the lowest ranking run games. He outdoes Manning on everything.

FTFY

He was sacked alot his second year too, but this time with the Chiefs. Is he ineperienced every year?

Yeah, his first two years he is.

Welker was not successful before Brady. Making things is not going to help your case.

So the Pats gave up a second round pick for a scrub?

Marvin Harrison's seasons without Peyton Manning were better than Troy Brown, Danny Woodhead, and Wes Welker's seasons without Brady.

No, they were about on par with Welker before he came to the Pats, and worse than Brown before Brady.

It proves he needs to be surrounded with alot of top flight talent provided by the best general manager in football.

Why does Polian use so many precious top draft picks on ol, wr, and te. According to you, Manning doesn't need them? The Colts should fire Polian and hire you.

67 receptions by Jacob Tamme, a 4th rd TE, proves he needs to be surrounded with talent?

I think it proves he makes guys better than they are. What happened to Edge when he left the Colts? Boom...off a cliff.

Once again, the arrogant Patriots fan stating his opinion.

How about you stay from your HORRIBLE and AWFUL opinions that NOBODY cares to see, and state some facts?

Manning has 4 MVPs.

He won them in 2003, 2004, 2008, and 2009.

And what's funnier is that the 2008 MVP was the most impressive one. Coming off a knee surgery 30 pounds short of his normal weight, with the 30th ranked running game, soft defense, out-of-prime Harrison, and a 3-4 start -- The Colts still went 12-4 and made the playoffs due to Manning's 9 4th quarter comebacks.

Sorry, he has FOUR MVPs. Now move along.

The only true unanimous MVP is Tom Brady.

N = first checked.

You know... checked. Something you should have been doing about your data, but obviously ignored.

We saw the same data, you just interpreted it with your red, white and blue tinted glasses on.

Once again, the arrogant Patriots fan stating his opinion.

How about you stay from your HORRIBLE and AWFUL opinions that NOBODY cares to see, and state some facts?

Manning has 4 MVPs.

He won them in 2003, 2004, 2008, and 2009.

And what's funnier is that the 2008 MVP was the most impressive one. Coming off a knee surgery 30 pounds short of his normal weight, with the 30th ranked running game, soft defense, out-of-prime Harrison, and a 3-4 start -- The Colts still went 12-4 and made the playoffs due to Manning's 9 4th quarter comebacks.

Sorry, he has FOUR MVPs. Now move along.

So according to you, the all-time QB rankings go something like this:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Brett Favre
3a) Joe Montana
3b) Tom Brady
3c) Steve Young
3d) Johnny Unitas
7a) Boomer Esiason
7b) Steve McNair
7c) Bart Starr
etc. etc.

Sure thing, genius. That makes a ton of sense. MVP is a popularity contest, which explains exactly why Manning managed to win one despite being maybe the 4th best quarterback (let alone player) in the NFL in 2009.

I'm sure the fact that Tom Brady is the only unanimous MVP in history doesn't enter into our criteria either. If MVPs are as important as you seem to think they are, then that should probably matter a little.

Unless Brady has at least another MVP and/or Super Bowl run, Manning will be remembered as the better QB.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have you been ASLEEP the last 10 years, or WHAT??? :bricks:

Anyone with ONE Brain cell knows Brady is FAR better.

There are literally ZERO credible Arguments in Mannings favor.

That number, again:

ZERO.

I will certainly agree that there is no short supply of MORONS in the national media who's AGENDA is to pimp Manning, for various nefarious reasons...But anyone worth listening to must surely perceive that which is RIDICULOUSLY obvious.

You have literally ZERO credibility after one post in this thread.

Oh, REALLY??? :rofl:

Who's got LESS credibility, here?? :)

ME...

Or YOU?? :D

Would you care to put that to a VOTE, Chuckles?? :rofl:

Oh, REALLY??? :rofl:

Who's got LESS credibility, here?? :)

ME...

Or YOU?? :D

Would you care to put that to a VOTE, Chuckles?? :rofl:

I vote nay:)

This thread is a crucial reminder as to why Colts bandwagoners are held in such high regard when it comes critical analysis, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Nobody cares to see my "awful" opinions? Your speaking for everybody in this patriots forum? What rock did you just crawl from under?

Even though Manning had nothing but 2 all-pros in 2008, Phillip Rivers and Adrian Peterson were more deserving of mvp that year.

Drew Brees 2009 season blew away Manning's 2009. The voters should have been wearing masks when they turned in that ballot.

Yes, nobody cares about your opinion.

The Facts: Manning has 4 MVPs.

Your opinion: He didn't deserve two of them.

I think I'll stick with the facts. When you state your opinion, for some weird reason you act as if that changes the facts. It doesn't. The fact still stands that Manning has won 4 MVPs.

Brady didn't deserve that Super Bowl in 2001 when he threw for 145 yards and watched Drew Bledsoe lead the team to the W in AFC Championship. Hell, he even needed the tuck rule to get him passed the divisional game against the Raiders before that. That's my opinion.

You don't see me making foolish posts saying Brady only has 2 rings because I said he doesn't deserve the third one. You literally said that Manning only has two MVPs instead of four because YOU don't think he deserves two of them. That is so arrogant it's ridiculous.

And lol @ Phillip Rivers. You mean the Phillip Rivers that led his team to an 8-8 record? Yes they beat us in the first round that year, since the heavily flawed playoff system had an 8-8 team at home against a 12-4 team.

Drew Brees season in 2009 is so overrated. The only reason his stats look so good is because nobody took the amount of fumbles he lost into consideration.

2009:
Manning - 33 TD, 16 turnovers (0 fumbles lost)
Brees - 34 TD, 17 turnovers (6 fumbles lost)

Same differential. Manning also threw for 4500 yards and the Colts were 14-0 when he played the entire game. He also had the worst running game in the league along with a new head coach & offensive coordinator.

The Saints also led the league in takeaways in 2009. The Colts defense couldn't do that in a pop warner league.

Last edited:

And lol @ Phillip Rivers. You mean the Phillip Rivers that led his team to an 8-8 record? Yes they beat us in the first round that year, since the heavily flawed playoff system had an 8-8 team at home against a 12-4 team.

lol, I got a good chuckle out of that.

So according to you, the all-time QB rankings go something like this:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Brett Favre
3a) Joe Montana
3b) Tom Brady
3c) Steve Young
3d) Johnny Unitas
7a) Boomer Esiason
7b) Steve McNair
7c) Bart Starr
etc. etc.

Sure thing, genius. That makes a ton of sense. MVP is a popularity contest, which explains exactly why Manning managed to win one despite being maybe the 4th best quarterback (let alone player) in the NFL in 2009.

I'm sure the fact that Tom Brady is the only unanimous MVP in history doesn't enter into our criteria either. If MVPs are as important as you seem to think they are, then that should probably matter a little.

Wait, when did I state that MVPs determines a QB's rank in an all time list?

Shut the f*ck up please, you just went on a rant for NO reason. All I did in the post that you quoted was tell him that it is fact that Manning has 4 MVPs.

The stupidity here is ridiculous. I can tell this forum is NOT used to being challenged with legitimate arguments. They parade and ride each others nuts whenever somebody makes a post saying Brady's better in anyway, even though those posts contain no factual or important information.

I hope no children were watching this. :eek:

Watching Dche, Jabanero, and this clown from Indiana get their faces smooshed into their own excrement for the last 25 pages has NOT been a sight for tender eyes!!

But it sure has been FUNNY!! :rocker:

Shut the f*ck up please, you just went on a rant for NO reason. All I did in the post that you quoted was tell him that it is fact that Manning has 4 MVPs.

The stupidity here is ridiculous. I can tell this forum is NOT used to being challenged with legitimate arguments. They parade and ride each others nuts whenever somebody makes a post saying Brady's better in anyway, even though those posts contain no factual or important information.

We're fine with legitimate arguments. "Herp derp shut the **** up 4 MVPs Manning wins!" is not a legitimate argument. The fact that that's one of about two possible arguments left that's tenuously in Manning's favor is kinda the point.

Where do you think the writers on FootballOutsiders watch it? :confused:

FTFY

Coaches film?

Yeah, his first two years he is.

So the Pats gave up a second round pick for a scrub?

No. He's a probowler with the Chiefs. With the Pats he was rather average against one of the weakest schedules in Patriots history.

No, they were about on par with Welker before he came to the Pats, and worse than Brown before Brady.

Welker had in 3 seasons before coming to the pats 1 td. Harrison had 2 800+ yards and a 8 td and 6 td season and that's on a par? Same with Harrison over Brown but less so.

67 receptions by Jacob Tamme, a 4th rd TE, proves he needs to be surrounded with talent?

Just ignore the fact that Reggie Wayne was his primary receiver not Jacob Tamme. Hernandez was a fourth round draft pick too

I think it proves he makes guys better than they are. What happened to Edge when he left the Colts? Boom...off a cliff.

Edge had 1000 yard rushing seasons with the Cards before he got old like rbs do.

If you wanna see real falling off the cliff, see Reche Caldwell. Patriots leading receiver in 2006. Redskins 4th receiver in 2007. Out of football 2008

I know I'm just reinforcing the legend of the Evil Patriots Fan, but I can't help but CACKLE, while this bitter, pathetic clown from Indiana flails helplessly, lashes out in impotent fury, and works himself into a boiling, frothing RAGE!! GOD, I love FootBall!! :rofl:

Perhaps you could start by offering a legitimate argument then we can get started.

Yes, Brady plays better outside than Manning.

Whoop-de-do.

Stop CRUSHING us with your LOGIC, Dche!! :rofl:

Watching Dche, Jabanero, and this clown from Indiana get their faces smooshed into their own excrement for the last 25 pages has NOT been a sight for tender eyes!!

You mean idiot Patriot fans ganging up on other Patriots fans who don't simply slob the knob of their star players?

(I have no idea what anybody else said - I haven't watched this thread since about page 4 or so)

Last edited:

Yes, nobody cares about your opinion.

The Facts: Manning has 4 MVPs.

Your opinion: He didn't deserve two of them.

I think I'll stick with the facts. When you state your opinion, for some weird reason you act as if that changes the facts. It doesn't. The fact still stands that Manning has won 4 MVPs.

Brady didn't deserve that Super Bowl in 2001 when he threw for 145 yards and watched Drew Bledsoe lead the team to the W in AFC Championship. Hell, he even needed the tuck rule to get him passed the divisional game against the Raiders before that. That's my opinion.

What's your opinion of a qb throwing 3 tds and 7 ints in 4 playoff games but still winning the superbowl?

Drew Brees season in 2009 is so overrated. The only reason his stats look so good is because nobody took the amount of fumbles he lost into consideration.

2009:
Manning - 33 TD, 16 turnovers (0 fumbles lost)
Brees - 34 TD, 17 turnovers (6 fumbles lost)

Same differential. Manning also threw for 4500 yards and the Colts were 14-0 when he played the entire game. He also had the worst running game in the league along with a new head coach & offensive coordinator.

The Saints also led the league in takeaways in 2009. The Colts defense couldn't do that in a pop warner league.

If Rivers wasn't the best player in the league in 2008 because his record was 8-8, how can Manning be the best player in the NFL when his most important record is 9-10? You can't have your cake and eat it too, Manning fans.

In 2009 Drew Brees set a record for highest completion percentage ever. And his numbers were superior to Manning in virtually every category. He was the more deserving player.

You mean idiot Patriot fans ganging up on other Patriots fans who don't simply slob the knob of their star players?

(I have no idea what anybody else said - I haven't watched this thread since about page 4 or so)

Your impotent, snot-bubbling rage and bitter, fact-******ant fury is the height of comedy, Chuckles!! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick