PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Word on Brady from DeMaurice Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time in my life I can say with conviction that I would support the players in a strike/lockout for however long it took. Between unfair labor practices, concussion shadiness, and the overall way the league had arbitrarily dispensed punishments I am done with the 32. Including and perhaps especially RK whom I will never forgive for not standing up for Tom in any meanigful way.
The players need income and support; and I for one as a fan will pay NFL-ticket level money for whatever venture they come up with until the owners give.

Once things get on this level of corruption, how come it's not possible for the NFL to manipulate facts, impose suspensions out of their ass and send the memo to refs make a call here and there to fit a certain story line the NFL love to sell to the public? In my opinion, this (what Smith said) is way worse than a possible fix in games. This shows the entire system is corrupt and the league is willing to go to a federal court and flat out lie in front of a judge. It involves other layers of power, we are not talking about players and coaches here.

I'm pretty sure that Kessler argued against signing an agreement unless Article 46 was dramatically changed.

The vast majority don't give a crap.

I'd say it's that and that a number of them actually believed the story the league was telling.

Revis, who was here during the 2014 season, thinks it really happened, He also buys all the negative stories about the Patriots, overblown and otherwise, even though he got to see first hand how the team really operates. If someone who won their only championship with the Patriots thinks that way, what's some player in Arizona or Kansas City going to think?

And what you heard from Smith will be the ultimate reason the owners will NOT be able to have Roger Goodell as the commissioner who negotiates the next CBA, for if he is, he will be the flashpoint that will make every other issue invisible.

You see when the next CBA is going to be negotiated, this first slippages of the ratings will no longer be thought of as anomalies, they will be a fact, and the networks won't be cowed into paying increasing sums to the league. That means that the EVER upward spiral of the salary cap will become just a memory and the league will no longer be able to trade power for money to the players.

I believe that if the league doesn't have the leadership to create a REAL partnership with the players in the next CBA, then they BOTH will perish on the swords of their own egos. This will come exactly at the time when the flow of players will start to diminish as the concussion issues will help ruin football at the HS level. With fewer players playing at the HS level, interest in football in general will diminish aided by the high level of corruption BOTH at the NCCA level, as well as the NFL Goodell has created.

What you see happening now will only be worse in 2020, and if someone doesn't step in and do something big very soon, then BOOOOOOOOOOOOM! It will all disappear faster than you can imagine.

Like others have said I would support a lockout but I don't think it will happen. When push comes to shove the I think the majority of players will cave in, mostly because believe it or not the majority of them are dam near broke by September and that 10% they give the union ain't going to help them. Its just human nature.

Plus by the time 2019/20 comes around unless there is a another major NFL incident this will long be forgotten by most players.

“We fought the fight for a player that I know that was wronged,” Smith told Tom Pelissero and Mike Nolan on the End Zone. “If any player had any illusion that the league would lie and cheat and do anything to win — and they would do that not only for the journeyman player but also for the star quarterback — Deflategate made it absolutely clear to every player in the National Football League that when it comes to the level of dishonestly, the league will do anything.

“And that’s an important lesson. … I think Deflategate, probably the only good thing out of it is that it did lay bear the level of dishonesty.”

DeMaurice Smith: ‘Deflategate made it absolutely clear the league will do anything to win’

Don't hold back, what do you really think?

I'd say it's that and that a number of them actually believed the story the league was telling.

Revis, who was here during the 2014 season, thinks it really happened, He also buys all the negative stories about the Patriots, overblown and otherwise, even though he got to see first hand how the team really operates. If someone who won their only championship with the Patriots thinks that way, what's some player in Arizona or Kansas City going to think?
Carson Palmer, a freaking fellow QB, displayed an astounding ignorance of the issues when asked prior to game 1. If a guy like that doesn't know squat and seemed to at least vaguely side with Goodell, how knowledgeable can we expect the average guy just trying to make the 53 man roster to be?

Billionaires, ever thought of owning a professional football team? Wide open opportunity in just a few years.

Imagine, months in the fall with no competition on the field or on TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST