PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FieldTurf installation complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty lookin

Now they just need to get a rumor started about there being several secret dead spots scattered about on this new field and they'll be done.

I read some where that they made it firmer (faster) than most so the Colts and Polian will have to find something new to complain about.

Smash-MouthD said:
I read some where that they made it firmer (faster) than most so the Colts and Polian will have to find something new to complain about.

LOL...so true! Polian is probably looking to beat up the guy who installed it.

I think they should have gone with a blue turf to match the seats. I mean, if you're going to go fake you should go really fake. ;)

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/gallery/11_21_06_gillette_field_turf

nice to rodney after a while...

1164116583_4877.jpg

AP photos, taken by Steven Senne:

capt.3d2b98e2ffb94ecdb3d87bcdd0add6c5.patriots_field_football_masr104.jpg

capt.217c9142a3394bb2bb1def2401405057.patriots_field_football_masr106.jpg

Last edited:
Boston Globe photos, taken by Jim Davis:

1164116531_4619.jpg

1164116583_7940.jpg

1164116583_3452.jpg

Last edited:
sdaniels7114 said:
Now they just need to get a rumor started about there being several secret dead spots scattered about on this new field and they'll be done.
? la the parquet floor at the old Garden? That would be rich.

CTPatsFan said:
I think they should have gone with a blue turf to match the seats. I mean, if you're going to go fake you should go really fake. ;)
Bite your tongue! I saw some brief footage of a college game, thinking Big Sky Conference, maybe Weber State, on a blue surface. Make you almost puke.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Bite your tongue! I saw some brief footage of a college game, thinking Big Sky Conference, maybe Weber State, on a blue surface. Make you almost puke.

That's Boise State (WAC)

t1_1101_boise2_ap.jpg

It looks gorgeous and I think it will make us a completely different team at home.

Yes, there's always a "everyone is playing on the same field" argument - but the grass/mud was really levelling the playing field and neutralizing our best weapons on both sides of the ball.

Fanfrom1960 said:
That's it! It do get your attention. :eek:

On a side note, that's Bronco stadium, which has AstroPlay. After FieldTurf came in, the AstroTurf company made AstroPlay as their competing product, but FieldTurf sued them (and lost) for copyright infringement. The AstroTurf company went bankrupt a few years ago.

Here's more on the Blue Turf:

http://www.mpccomputersbowl.com/stadium.asp

Last edited:
Finally the internet adds some value to civilization... love the insta-cam Pats1, great stuff.

Just think we can use Brady's wheels on bootlegs and options now...

pats1 said:
Here's a 5-minute time lapse from the past two days:

http://instacam.com/InstaCAM/imagelist_by_week.asp?id=FXBRG&DateString=11212006&Rerun=Rerun&Views=5

Yesterday, you can watch them put the design in the "grass," put up the goalposts, and paint the white markers. Today, you can watch them paint the Patriots logo in the endzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes