PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky Roberts said:
People actually tune into the radio to listen to this a-hole?

Jacky -- are you in Boston? The alternative is five fat guys sitting around yelling at one another. I can only take so much of it. At least Felger's talking football whereas Ordway and crew are talking baseball even during the football season.

Hoodie said:
Jacky -- are you in Boston? The alternative is five fat guys sitting around yelling at one another. I can only take so much of it. At least Felger's talking football whereas Ordway and crew are talking baseball even during the football season.
I'm considering WFAN as an option. You hear more about the Pats there than on EEI.

Felger was NEVER OK...he's a little freakin' midwestern Colts fan who came east to find work, ended up as a sports commentator and poses himself to be some kind of football expert. He was less obvious a few years back because he thought the Colts would win just like the Pats have...but the intervening period of Patriot success and Colt hilarity/humiliation has brought the little scumbag Indyfan weasel out into the bright light...the best thing any Pats fan could ever do regarding this jerkoff is to bombard his e-mail, tv show, radio appearances , Dunkin Donuts openings or whatever else this hack does to sleaze money, with "Get out, Indy scumbag!" messages...no matter what he does or says...just constant derision and constant identification with him and the Colts...so that this DOES make it to the WEEI afternoon drive...so that they DO pick up on it and drill him with this avalanche of NE fan sentiment...THEN he might take the hint and move his sorry arse and flapgums mouth back to Inbredsville, Indiana

Last edited:
the taildragger said:
fan support = kid pays off

glorified standard of perfection = not so much

he already has better tools than Adam. please rally around the kid.

being a football fan carries responsibilities that we here in baseball country often struggle with -- at a bare minimum, you don't boo your own players in football.

this happened against Indy at halftime (when we were ravaged by injuries) and it made me sick (literally) and embarrassed.

he'll occasionally miss a kick. DO NOT ******* BOO HIM.

I like this post very much.

shmessy said:
I'm one of the biggest Koolaid drinkers on this board and even I think that 4th Round pick of a Kicker was Stupidity of Titanic Propostions.

AV was an UDFA. We have Grammatica and could've picked this kid up in the 6th or 7th. And if someone else would've dumb enough to take him before that, I'm sure we could've found someone else.

4th Round kicker - - this kid better pay off.
Why? If you get the kicker you want, and will have him for four+ years,, does it really matter where you drafted him. You have the guy you want.

Waiting late is fine if you have more than one player you rate equally. If there is only one player in the group you want, you better draft him befoer someone else does.

Although you think they could get someone as got as Gostkowski, BB felt he was in a class by himself. It would be stupid NOT to use a draft pick to get him.

That fact the Adam was an UFDA is totally irrelevant. It has nothing to do with anything. To never draft a kicker because Adam was undrafted is dumb, like saying to wait until round 6 for a QB becasue Brady was a sixth rounder.

shmessy said:
4th Round kicker - - this kid better pay off.
Why? I hope he does, but if he doesn't, he doesn't. A fourth round pick gone. Are you still upset over Cedric Cobbs?

Kickers have been drafted higher than round four, you know. Jets 2nd, Raiders 1st for example

Joker said:
Felger was NEVER OK...he's a little freakin' midwestern Colts fan who came east to find work, ended up as a sports commentator and poses himself to be some kind of football expert. He was less obvious a few years back because he thought the Colts would win just like the Pats have...but the intervening period of Patriot success and Colt hilarity/humiliation has brought the little scumbag Indyfan weasel out into the bright light...the best thing any Pats fan could ever do regarding this jerkoff is to bombard his e-mail, tv show, radio appearances , Dunkin Donuts openings or whatever else this hack does to sleaze money, with "Get out, Indy scumbag!" messages...no matter what he does or says...just constant derision and constant identification with him and the Colts...so that this DOES make it to the WEEI afternoon drive...so that they DO pick up on it and drill him with this avalanche of NE fan sentiment...THEN he might take the hint and move his sorry arse and flapgums mouth back to Inbredsville, Indiana

Only Felger was born and raised a Packers fan from Wisconcin who came east to study journalism at BU and landed a job at the Herald after graduation - but other than that great mindless rant...:rolleyes:

I'm a B.U. grad too...and I'm not some midwestern hack with an axe to grind with the Northeast...Packers, Colts...who cares...all I know is he has HIS bias, therefore he gets bias shoved back in his face...let him go back to Wisconsin and cover badger hunts and moose races....I hate this jerk, I hate his on air persona, I resent his constant "holier than thou" pontifications and I only wish SOMEBODY in the Boston media would lower their sights on this jerk, compile all the thousands of idiotic, jerkwater, midwest tinged pieces he's puked out and stick them to his his face with ten penny nails.

And while I'm at it, somebody can punch that yankmee jerk Mustard right in HIS big mouth too...these jerks just vomit their disgusting bile day in and day out overe the airwaves and in print and get away with it with impunity....I think it's time for members of the NE media to castrate these curs in print or on the airwaves unmercilessly. Name me anybody from Southern New England that would give a rat's *****...except for those Boston Globe pukes

spacecrime said:
Why? If you get the kicker you want, and will have him for four+ years,, does it really matter where you drafted him. You have the guy you want.

Waiting late is fine if you have more than one player you rate equally. If there is only one player in the group you want, you better draft him befoer someone else does.

Although you think they could get someone as got as Gostkowski, BB felt he was in a class by himself. It would be stupid NOT to use a draft pick to get him.

That fact the Adam was an UFDA is totally irrelevant. It has nothing to do with anything. To never draft a kicker because Adam was undrafted is dumb, like saying to wait until round 6 for a QB becasue Brady was a sixth rounder.

Why? I hope he does, but if he doesn't, he doesn't. A fourth round pick gone. Are you still upset over Cedric Cobbs?

Kickers have been drafted higher than round four, you know. Jets 2nd, Raiders 1st for example
no but the Dexter Reid pick is really eatin me up inside

the taildragger said:
fan support = kid pays off

glorified standard of perfection = not so much

he already has better tools than Adam. please rally around the kid.

being a football fan carries responsibilities that we here in baseball country often struggle with -- at a bare minimum, you don't boo your own players in football.

this happened against Indy at halftime (when we were ravaged by injuries) and it made me sick (literally) and embarrassed.

he'll occasionally miss a kick. DO NOT ******* BOO HIM.

Let me clarify one thing. I have nothing against Gotkowski who, from all accounts is an excellent kicker and an even better human being. My criticism is directed at BB/Pioli who, at times, seem to be running around at draft day with a "Watch us be unconventional geniuses" signs around their neck.

Example: Marquis Hill in the 2nd round in 2004. No one had expected him to go before the 4th - why was it so important to not wait on that and take someone else in the 2nd? A 2nd round draft choice does not need to be a 3 year (if we're lucky this year) project.

Gotkowski might be a great kicker and if he falters, I won't boo him (btw, nice imagination - - where from my post did you get the "booing" fantasy?). However, I will criticize why BB/Pioli had to jump at him in the 4th round when the Pats ARE thin and old at LB (and please don't tell me our answers lie with TBC, Klecko and Claridge - - hopefully someday, but I'd like to see some performance there before I drink that cup of koolaid).

shmessy said:
Let me clarify one thing. I have nothing against Gotkowski who, from all accounts is an excellent kicker and an even better human being. My criticism is directed at BB/Pioli who, at times, seem to be running around at draft day with a "Watch us be unconventional geniuses" signs around their neck.

Example: Marquis Hill in the 2nd round in 2004. No one had expected him to go before the 4th - why was it so important to not wait on that and take someone else in the 2nd? A 2nd round draft choice does not need to be a 3 year (if we're lucky this year) project.

Gotkowski might be a great kicker and if he falters, I won't boo him (btw, nice imagination - - where from my post did you get the "booing" fantasy?). However, I will criticize why BB/Pioli had to jump at him in the 4th round when the Pats ARE thin and old at LB (and please don't tell me our answers lie with TBC, Klecko and Claridge - - hopefully someday, but I'd like to see some performance there before I drink that cup of koolaid).

Not to be petty, but many people were high on Marquise Hill in 2004. For example, Great Blue North had him rated as the #29 prospect overall in the 2004 draft. http://www.gbnreport.com/2004top100.htm

who's "no one"?...you sound just like Borges after the Pats drafted Seymour...relax...so maybe Hill was a miss, Branch was a hit...no one has the MAGIC WAND OF PERFECTION when it comes to the draft...who would YOU rather have making our picks....Booby Grier?

Last edited:
spacecrime said:

I think the point here - and I know it's Felger's issue - is why let a kicker of Adam's stature go when you don't already have a viable alternative on the roster? Parcells didn't let Barr go until he felt Adam beat him out in camp.

Signing Gramatica basically cost nothing. Some here claimed that was a great sneaky master plan that proved who needs AV (although others saw it as a sign of relative desperation). Using a 4th round draft choice to then secure a college kicker not projected to be drafted until the 6th or 7th round if at all tended to disprove that theory, though. When so many here persisted in claiming that adequate kickers were a dime a dozen as replacements, reaching for a kicker in the 4th was, well, a reach.

If one or both of these signings proves to be a viable replacement I guess the risk of letting a HOF PK walk over a $3.5M signing bonus against 5 years of $100M+ salary caps will look like no big deal. If however neither proves viable, or either proves costly, or it takes several more attempts to replace acceptable consistentcy at the PK position the FO will be hearing it. And the waste of a 4th round draft pick will be the least of their problem.

And that's the harsh reality for whomever wins this job coming out of camp - the first man in if he struggles will face the music really directed at the FO for allowing it to come to that. I know Josh Miller assessed it to Felger as the next guy to kick for the Pats won't be the guy who replaces Adam - i.e. he'll be the scapegoat and it will be the guy who successfully replaces him who actually replaces Adam. Could be a lot to go through rather than risk one half of one percent of the cap for the next 4 years. And that is what has the media and more fans than you imagine still conflicted about the whole seemingly unnecessary circumstance.

Joker said:

who's "no one"?...you sound just like Borges after the Pats drafted Seymour...relax...so maybe Hill was a miss, Branch was a hit...no one has the MAGIC WAND OF PERFECTION when it comes to the draft...who would YOU rather have making our picks....Booby Grier?

One of the problems here lately is it's fine for some folks to comeback with nobody's perfect, but treason for others to question whether a mistake may have been made. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I see your point...you're obsessed with all these mistakes...they must be driving you crazy...me? I'm just some idiot that feels like I've been transported from the "Trail of Tears" lifelong Patriot fan trudge into oblivion only to be rescued by some shining apparition in a hooded sweatshirt who has led me and other lifelong fans to football nirvana THREE TIMES IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS. I fully expected to live out my life without even ONE such experience, so I will stupidly believe in the Hooded Deity in the hopes that this wonderful epiphany will occur a fourth time

You know, without mentioning names, I find it pretty incredible that some folks feel so self-important and all-knowing that they think they know better than the Patriots which players they should have drafted.

I wonder which part of '3 superbowls in 5 years' doesn't register with them.

I wonder which part of Belichick's comment that 'you can't manufacture a player for a particular position if they aren't there when you make a pick' or his comment that 'if you draft for a need and the player can't contribute, you haven't taken care of the need anyway - and have just wasted a pick'. Apologies for paraphrasing his actual comments.

I'm sure they can't have done better than Belichick and Pioli in rounds 1 thru 3. Since 2001, all 6 first rounders are still with the Pats and all are starters. All 5 second rounders are still with the Pats and 3 are starters. 3 out of 4 fourth rounders are still with the team and 2 were starters at the end of last season.

So I guess they will have to show us that they can do better than Belichick and Pioli in rounds 4 thru 7. Maybe they can show us their crystal ball expertise and tell us who they would have drafted this year in rounds 4 thru 7 who will be better players than the Patriots picked. I am looking forward to those lists.

Wait til Mincey blows up out of nowhere...they'll all freak and leave, A-bee....imagine...another 6th round steal...it will kill the Steves from Fall River

Adam wasn't released

HE left...the Pats didn't "let him go". That you and some in the media keep repeating this ludicrous statement even after Vinetari stated that he did NOT give the Pats a chance to match is really mindboggling. If the Pats didn't want to keep Vinetari, they would not have franchised him two years in a row. They would have ALSO pursued other kickers before Vinetari signed with the Colts. The Pats made what they felt was a reasonable offer to Vinetari...he, as was his right, rejected it and took another offer. It's obvious that he had no interest in coming back to NE because if he did, he would have offered the Pats a chance to match Indy's offer. If the Pats had THEN rejected that opportunity, the claims of "the Pats let Adam go for a 3.5 million signing bonus...blah...blah.." would be true instead of being a pack of lies. Just accept the fact that Vinetari did NOT want to play for NE and was quite willing to chase the money even if that meant playing for the hated Colts. I don't understand why everyone seems to understand that players like Woody, Washington and Law left for the money...yet when Vinetari does the SAME THING..it's the "Pats let him go". Give me a break.

PF1996 said:
HE left...the Pats didn't "let him go". That you and some in the media keep repeating this ludicrous statement even after Vinetari stated that he did NOT give the Pats a chance to match is really mindboggling. If the Pats didn't want to keep Vinetari, they would not have franchised him two years in a row. They would have ALSO pursued other kickers before Vinetari signed with the Colts. The Pats made what they felt was a reasonable offer to Vinetari...he, as was his right, rejected it and took another offer. It's obvious that he had no interest in coming back to NE because if he did, he would have offered the Pats a chance to match Indy's offer. If the Pats had THEN rejected that opportunity, the claims of "the Pats let Adam go for a 3.5 million signing bonus...blah...blah.." would be true instead of being a pack of lies. Just accept the fact that Vinetari did NOT want to play for NE and was quite willing to chase the money even if that meant playing for the hated Colts. I don't understand why everyone seems to understand that players like Woody, Washington and Law left for the money...yet when Vinetari does the SAME THING..it's the "Pats let him go". Give me a break.

I heard the same feeble argument during the draft, as the commentators were all saying cannot understand why the Patriots let him go?? We all think Adam is the greatest, but he moved on to an indoor stadium with a very hefty contract, he wants to extend his career in a dome, it is over and done with. Basically anyone else in his position would have done the same thing, in reality it is time to move on with our new kicker or Grammatica...

Amnorix said:
Patriots have 16 full time scouts reporting to 2 directors -- one college, one pro, of football operations. They report to Pioli, and after the season, the coaching staff also helps review tape and conduct interviews, and Belichick then teams with Pioli to establish the final board.

The budget for college scouting is approximately $4 million. The scouts, directors, Pioli, Belichick and the rest of the coaching staff spend, literally, THOUSANDS of hours reviewing tape, interviewing not just the players but their coaches, etc., in connection with establishing the final board.

Belichick has spent 30 years, consecutive, coaching in the NFL, and his ability to break down tape is legendary. He has won 3 SBs in the last 5 years, and is the only coach in NFL history to win 3 in 4 years.

Felger and Rusillo don't like the draft.

All in all, I don't find it difficult to give the benefit of the doubt to the first group of guys over Felger and Rusillo...

Very, very well said!

Here's the thing. Nobody really knows now if it was a great or poor draft. If Manny Lawson turns into a Hall of Famer, and Maroney is out of the league in 3 years, then they can shoot their mouths off. If the opposite happens, they'd probably want to put a lid on it.

This team has had quite possibly the best overall draft record the last several years, and it seems to me that their approach works.

They don't reach for need, and I applaud them for sticking to their draft board.

I have a tough time thinking this will not be a very good draft. But again, time will have to tell.

arrellbee said:
You know, without mentioning names, I find it pretty incredible that some folks feel so self-important and all-knowing that they think they know better than the Patriots which players they should have drafted.

I wonder which part of '3 superbowls in 5 years' doesn't register with them.

I wonder which part of Belichick's comment that 'you can't manufacture a player for a particular position if they aren't there when you make a pick' or his comment that 'if you draft for a need and the player can't contribute, you haven't taken care of the need anyway - and have just wasted a pick'. Apologies for paraphrasing his actual comments.

I'm sure they can't have done better than Belichick and Pioli in rounds 1 thru 3. Since 2001, all 6 first rounders are still with the Pats and all are starters. All 5 second rounders are still with the Pats and 3 are starters. 3 out of 4 fourth rounders are still with the team and 2 were starters at the end of last season.

So I guess they will have to show us that they can do better than Belichick and Pioli in rounds 4 thru 7. Maybe they can show us their crystal ball expertise and tell us who they would have drafted this year in rounds 4 thru 7 who will be better players than the Patriots picked. I am looking forward to those lists.

Amen. In Beioli we trust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes