PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's show

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
they are kinda ripping the draft ..ryan arsillo says its a bad draft especially since they had to draft a kicker

these 2 cant let the adam thing go..

Ryan Rusillo is soporific. Felger is a contrarian. This draft class may indeed have been the Haul of Fame.

SVN said:
they are kinda ripping the draft ..ryan arsillo says its a bad draft especially since they had to draft a kicker

Are you serious that they are saying that makes the draft bad? Or are you paraphrasing? So if they didn't draft a kicker that would be okay?

SVN said:

No they can't and that's why I don't listen to them anymore. Felger sounds like a borderline moron everytime he talks about Adam. It's ridiculous.
Adam will go down in history as the best Clutch kicker ever. Gostowski, said this morning on WEEI, that Adam has made the kicker position more important than it was in the past. He's right.

The sad thing is that even if the next guy comes in and DOES HIS JOB, kicks off effectively, kicks the PATs, and maybe has a couple of "Clutch" field goals, those two will probably still rip the new kicker anyway.:rolleyes:

I was sad to see Adam go, but I've moved on from it. I guess they can't and probably never will.

mcsully said:
Are you serious that they are saying that makes the draft bad? Or are you paraphrasing? So if they didn't draft a kicker that would be okay?
Rusillo thinks the draft was bad in his opinion. Felger is non commital but just harps on the kicker selection and pats not drafting a linebacker or manny lawson. no talk about the tight ends and offensive lineman and their grades.

Last edited:
Patriots have 16 full time scouts reporting to 2 directors -- one college, one pro, of football operations. They report to Pioli, and after the season, the coaching staff also helps review tape and conduct interviews, and Belichick then teams with Pioli to establish the final board.

The budget for college scouting is approximately $4 million. The scouts, directors, Pioli, Belichick and the rest of the coaching staff spend, literally, THOUSANDS of hours reviewing tape, interviewing not just the players but their coaches, etc., in connection with establishing the final board.

Belichick has spent 30 years, consecutive, coaching in the NFL, and his ability to break down tape is legendary. He has won 3 SBs in the last 5 years, and is the only coach in NFL history to win 3 in 4 years.

Felger and Rusillo don't like the draft.

All in all, I don't find it difficult to give the benefit of the doubt to the first group of guys over Felger and Rusillo...

Felger is totally a moron....First, he has been on this AdamV thing for over a month..and now, to insure the Patriots got their kicker (instead of having another team take him..) they draft a kicker in the 4th round. What does Felger do?? Felger complains.." p**ssing away a draft pick"..what a jerk!!
He'd be screaming and yelling if the kicker the Pats wanted was taken by another. What a total JERK!!! It's good to have football talk o one hand, but PLEASE get Curran or Reiss or someone with knowledge and NOT Felger. I am very disappointed with him and the level of football talk.
In another tirade he said he didn't care about Gostkowski's stats at all, but all he cared about was if he would be cr***ing in his pants if he was kicking in the snow and wind. ANd as he said, no stat book would know that. I think some of that dung needs to be headed Felger's way. He's a total no-nothing.

actually felger is playing clips where he was whacked by BB/Seymour and dante s....its really funny.:)

Last edited:
Amnorix said:
Patriots have 16 full time scouts reporting to 2 directors -- one college, one pro, of football operations. They report to Pioli, and after the season, the coaching staff also helps review tape and conduct interviews, and Belichick then teams with Pioli to establish the final board.

The budget for college scouting is approximately $4 million. The scouts, directors, Pioli, Belichick and the rest of the coaching staff spend, literally, THOUSANDS of hours reviewing tape, interviewing not just the players but their coaches, etc., in connection with establishing the final board.

Belichick has spent 30 years, consecutive, coaching in the NFL, and his ability to break down tape is legendary. He has won 3 SBs in the last 5 years, and is the only coach in NFL history to win 3 in 4 years.

All in all, I don't find it difficult to give the benefit of the doubt to the first group of guys over Felger and Rusillo...

:D

If only Felger was running our team. I'd sleep so much easier at night.

felger considers himself informed because he reads scout.com. It's impossible to grade the draft at this point anyway.

He made a big deal about manny lawson, and got ***** slapped when they intentionally skipped over him. Instead of owning up to how dumb he looks, he gives us a bad grade.

it's the mentality of a five year old.

Felger's problem is two fold. First, he is a bright guy who was more open to BB than the hack peers he was surrounded with. He got it, and preached it. Like some whining in threads here about WTF happened to my defense wins championships mantra, he feels a tad betrayed by BB today because BB didn't draft to make them look smart. Obviously this means somebody isn't as smart as they thought they were - must be the HOF HC with all the rings.

Second, he is desperately trying to front a sports talk show in a market dominated by WEEI for almost a decade now. He is preaching for the the hearts and minds of the idiot talk show callers demographic. Ordway, an otherwise intelligent guy, created the model philosophy that controversey and contrarianism and screaming insults fuels ratings. A smattering of actual intelligent sports is all well and good, but too much of that and you lose the bulk of the 18-39 know it all male sports demographic who truly enjoy a good pissing contest. Felger is also trying to build his own little media empire (print, radio, TV personality) perhaps to out earn the little news anchor woman who likely out earned him 5 fold when they first wed. In the process he is becomming increasingly disconnected in Foxboro.

And I guess you could add to the dilema ESPN Boston hasn't been able to consistently wrap up much on air talent to guest host, appear or fill in for Michael the Mogul. Rusillo is a basketball bust from the last half-baked attempt to compete with WEEI...

DefenseRules said:
I was sad to see Adam go, but I've moved on from it.

I moved on as soon as he turned into a bum! Screw Vinatieri!

I'm one of the biggest Koolaid drinkers on this board and even I think that 4th Round pick of a Kicker was Stupidity of Titanic Propostions.

AV was an UDFA. We have Grammatica and could've picked this kid up in the 6th or 7th. And if someone else would've dumb enough to take him before that, I'm sure we could've found someone else.

4th Round kicker - - this kid better pay off.

MoLewisrocks said:
Felger's problem is two fold. First, he is a bright guy who was more open to BB than the hack peers he was surrounded with. He got it, and preached it. Like some whining in threads here about WTF happened to my defense wins championships mantra, he feels a tad betrayed by BB today because BB didn't draft to make them look smart. Obviously this means somebody isn't as smart as they thought they were - must be the HOF HC with all the rings.

Second, he is desperately trying to front a sports talk show in a market dominated by WEEI for almost a decade now. He is preaching for the the hearts and minds of the idiot talk show callers demographic. Ordway, an otherwise intelligent guy, created the model philosophy that controversey and contrarianism and screaming insults fuels ratings. A smattering of actual intelligent sports is all well and good, but too much of that and you lose the bulk of the 18-39 know it all male sports demographic who truly enjoy a good pissing contest. Felger is also trying to build his own little media empire (print, radio, TV personality) perhaps to out earn the little news anchor woman who likely out earned him 5 fold when they first wed. In the process he is becomming increasingly disconnected in Foxboro.

And I guess you could add to the dilema ESPN Boston hasn't been able to consistently wrap up much on air talent to guest host, appear or fill in for Michael the Mogul. Rusillo is a basketball bust from the last half-baked attempt to compete with WEEI...

Molori's most recent article is enlightening. I was giving Felger's show a chance. I believed the station's poor signal, his amateur cohost, and the show's sub-par production was all a byproduct of a fledgeling station still getting its feet wet in the business. However, it seems according to Molori that the station owner is just a cheap wench who is not interested in producing a professional product. I like Felger, but he may have made a bad career choice hooking on with the wrong crowd.

fan support = kid pays off

glorified standard of perfection = not so much

he already has better tools than Adam. please rally around the kid.

being a football fan carries responsibilities that we here in baseball country often struggle with -- at a bare minimum, you don't boo your own players in football.

this happened against Indy at halftime (when we were ravaged by injuries) and it made me sick (literally) and embarrassed.

he'll occasionally miss a kick. DO NOT ******* BOO HIM.

Last edited:
Amnorix said:

exactly Amno....

Attachments

• Clapping.gif
    Clapping.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 218
Felger was okay when he first started out on the Big Show, but then he turned into as said in a previous post-a contrarian. Now he's taken it to a whole new level.

I was really sad to see AV go, but in this day and age you just have to move on. This kid looks like he's going to be pretty good. At least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he gets some games under his belt.

Felger needs to lighten up,

I wonder if it every occured to Felger that the Pats probably wouldn't have drafted the kid unless they thought he had a decent chance to make the team and be a good NFL kicker?

The only conclusion that can possibly be drawn (unless you assume that Belichick and Pioli are idiots) is that they really had the kid graded high.

These guys beg for attention to their crappy shows. The more negative, the more interested they think their listeners will be. If none of us payed them any attention to their negative words, they wouldnt have a job. Vinataeri left, he rejected a very fair deal the Patriots offered him. He got a franchise tag, lets all cry, Adam new every single person in New England respected him, including the Patriots organization. The tag was certainly not trying to be offensive to him. He can go to Indianapolis, he might happen to kick a few more game winners with the Colts, but his leg is wearing down, I'd rather start fresh with a young kicker with a powerfull leg if our New England icon needed more bucks for god knows what these players need when they already have millions of dollars. Ofcourse I'm sure some of us would take one of the lowest salaries in the league just to be in the NFL and on the Patriots. This kid doesnt need local jackasses whining about losing an ageing thirty year old player.

Bottom line is, IF WE PLAY WELL ENOUGH TO OUTSCORE OUR OPPONENTS, A CLUTCH KICK DOESNT NEED TO BE MADE.

Last edited:
I didn't get to hear all of Felger's show today but it sounded to me like they'd read the boards and knew that for the most part fans were happy with the draft and so to have something to talk about they needed to be against it.

I will continue to listen to Felger's show (except when Bogus is on) because he talks Patriots when the other are talking Red Sox. Since I divorced the Sox, (abusive relationship, too much heartache) I refuse to spend all my time listening to their woes.

People actually tune into the radio to listen to this a-hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back