PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre hires personal trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsmaniac

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
It is on SI.com. He is not retiring. This guy just won't go...guy needs a shrink...

How dare a man try to play a game that he loves and gets paid millions for!

Has anyone seen the Patriots message board?

Either $h!t or get off the pot already.

Exactly, because playing professional sports is exactly the same as driving to an office to work as a secretary. There's never going to be a "Oh, no, I'm not putting my body through that hell again" followed by "Man, I miss the guys and the game", or anything like that.

If his time is done, no team will have him. Complaining about him wanting to come back when he's still in demand is just ridiculous.

Did anyone ever figure out what happens if he signs with the Vikings now? Do the Jets get reamed on draft picks?

Did anyone ever figure out what happens if he signs with the Vikings now? Do the Jets get reamed on draft picks?

No. The Jets released him. They have no control of where he goes nor can the Packers demand draft picks if Favre as a free agent signs with the Vikes. The stiipulation of the trade to the Jets was if the Jets TRADED Favre to an NFC North team that they would give the Packers three first rounders in compensation.

It has never been offically released.

But speculation is abound that it was one year only. Had to be thru trade not release and pickup. etc.

But if the deal is that if the Vikings were to sign Brett than the Jets need to give Greenbay three 1st. I am certain the vikings woud not sign Brett. Brett is not worth so much as to let your divisional rival get three firsts.

Exactly, because playing professional sports is exactly the same as driving to an office to work as a secretary. There's never going to be a "Oh, no, I'm not putting my body through that hell again" followed by "Man, I miss the guys and the game", or anything like that.

If his time is done, no team will have him. Complaining about him wanting to come back when he's still in demand is just ridiculous.

Maybe, just maybe, he hired a PT so he could get into better shape for his health.;) To be honest, I could care less if he does come back or not. After what he did for the Jets, I would think that most teams would be quite skeptical in taking on his persona and the $$$ it would take to lure him.

I'll never blame a man for trying to play football as long as he possibly can. There's only so many years a person can still have seven figure annual salaries roll in, so why not try to have as many of them as possible?

Please don't let Minnesota make this move, if Brad Childress gets fired, who in the league will be able to hold Coach Belichick in check? :rofl:

I'll never blame a man for trying to play football as long as he possibly can. There's only so many years a person can still have seven figure annual salaries roll in, so why not try to have as many of them as possible?

Bingo%20caller.gif

I have no problem with a man trying to squeeze every year of football he can out of himself. What I don't respect is the theatrics (media induced, no fault of Brett's really) of his "retirement" followed by the inevitable "return". You wanna keep changing your mind Brett, that's your right and I don't blame you. But at some point people need to call it like it is, and stop making a fuss about what this guy does. His real retirement has been forever cheapened by these episodes.

Excerpt from the article:

There could be two motives: wanting to play for the Vikings, who have wanted him for a year, and a $20 million pot of gold. The $20 million isn't a new playing contract. The Vikings probably could sign Favre for about $7 million for the coming season, with about $3 million more available in performance bonuses, such as winning the Super Bowl. The $20 million, remember, is what the Packers, for whom Favre played 16 seasons, offered Favre nearly a year ago to retire from Green Bay. The 10-year marketing deal would have made Favre an ambassador for the franchise. Now that the future hall of famer has been released by the Jets, Favre could have new leverage: Give me the $20 million and I'll stay retired. If not, I'll sign with the Vikings and make life miserable for the Packers.
Is this a joke? Give me the $20 million you were going to give me two years ago or I'll sign with the Packers and make life miserable for the Packers?

He made life semi-miserable for the AFCE by leaving and setting the Jets on the path to Sanchez. I'm sure the Bills, Pats and Fins would rather see Favre's INT act, than to have the Jets get a good QB for years to come, but really. Make life miserable for the Packers by signing with the Vikes?

Is this a joke? Give me the $20 million you were going to give me two years ago or I'll sign with the Packers and make life miserable for the Packers?

He made life semi-miserable for the AFCE by leaving and setting the Jets on the path to Sanchez. I'm sure the Bills, Pats and Fins would rather see Favre's INT act, than to have the Jets get a good QB for years to come, but really. Make life miserable for the Packers by signing with the Vikes?

Hahaha, if I was the Packers, my reaction would be to laugh and hang up if he made that demand. Favre would be an upgrade for Minnesota, but only by being better than Sage Rosenfels. And to be honest, if they can get Rosenfels to play ultra-conservative, no-turnover football, they'll probably be a better team than they would be with Favre anyways.

Well, he didn't exactly get the Pete Carroll stamp of approval. . . .

my suggestion is that if he wants to play football as long as he possibly can, maybe he shouldn't retire every year.

attn ops: would it be possible to add 'favre' to the word filter, plz?

I've seen too many "next great QBs" turn out to be junk, including a certain USC QB who hasn't done anything. Off the top of my head in recent years, there's Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Alex Smith, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, JaMarcus Russell (never liked him as a player, never will), David Carr, etc, etc.

Now, some of those guys were brought into less than ideal situations (russell and carr come to mind), but is Sanchez really going to a great place? No great wide receivers, an ok running game, and a good (not great) O-Line IMO. Not to mention, I highly doubt Rex Ryan is bringing a lot of QB development experience to the table. He's a DC from a team that has never had an above average QB.

Sanchez may turn out to be great, but let's not crown him just because he was drafted high and went to a big time school.

Since John Madden is no longer around to stroke him every living second of
his life, he has resorted to the only alternative. He has to pay for it now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back