Asking for your support

What is your favorite Pats time slot?

• Saturday 4:30 PM (can't wait)

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Saturday 8:30 PM (prime time)

Votes: 36 42.4%
  • Sunday 1:00 PM (classic time)

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Sunday 4:30 PM (save the best for last)

Votes: 13 15.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Saturday night, because it's just a fun fan experience, and all eyes are on this game. Kraft has in the past specifically chosen this time slot when given the option.

Can somebody with good research skills chart the Pats' record for each time slot during the Brady/BB era? That would be really, really interesting to see.

We've had some memorable wins and losses in each time slot, except for the early Saturday game. Can't remember the last time we got that slot, which usually goes to the least marketable game of the weekend.

Saturday would be really cool - but ALL the rest these guys can get is a HUGE bonus.

Well said, my strong rich friend.

Thank you my devout fan and observant friend!

As to Supa's note that you'll likely play back to back Saturdays or Sundays from wildcard to divisional rounds, are we under the impression that the Pats are going to lose to the Bills and not get the bye? :bricks:

Go Raiders!

I was assuming this was the divisional round we're talking about.

We've had some memorable wins and losses in each time slot, except for the early Saturday game. Can't remember the last time we got that slot, which usually goes to the least marketable game of the weekend.

One that sticks out was the frigid Saturday night game in the divisional round in
'03, the year Manning and McNair split the MVP. The Titans came in and an incredibly physical game was played in which McNair had the ball with a chance at the very end, only to come up short. I was terrified of McNair at this point in his career, far more than Manning. Steve McNair was a badazz.

I'm surprised nobody has brought up my reason for choosing Saturday prime time (other than it being the "marquee game"):

If the Patriots win on Saturday, they get to spend the next day preparing for their next opponent and resting while two other games are played on Sunday. Even if it is just one extra day of rest, that matters and that can help the Pats.

I mean, isn't that one extra day of rest the reason the Pats stomped the Ravens?

I remember in 2007 when the Pats had just dispatched the Jaguars the night before, the Colts and Chargers commenced one of the more physical games of the season that ended Rivers tearing his ACL, L.T. getting injured, and Reggie Wayne getting absolutely annihilated on the Colts last possession of the game. The announcers stated that "the Patriots have to be sitting back, watching this, and loving it right now".

IMO, Tom Brady plays his best football in the prime time 8:30 slot.
Recent examples: 49'ers near comeback. Texans destruction. Bronco play off game. Bronco 2013 comeback win

God invented football so we'd have something to look forward to after church and Sunday dinner.

Any other time than 1:00 pm Sunday is a sin against all that is holy and right with the world.

I don't understand people who prefer to watch football under lights. Give me daytime football every time.

Saturday 8.30 is the best. Its prime time and hopefully its old and some QB comes to Foxboro that doesn't know how to deal with the Elements and stumbles and fumbles !!

If the Pats secure the bye, then I want their first game to be played on Saturday,
preferably at 4:30 (but will settle for 8:30). That gives them one extra day of rest
before the AFCC.

I prefer Sun 430

These are the way I think it will go if Pats get bye week

Sat 4pm
@Sea/SF

Sat 8pm
@Den

Sun 1pm
@NO/Car

Sun 4:30
@NE

If Pats don't get bye

Sat 4pm
@Chic/GB

Sat 8pm
@NE

Sun 1pm
@Indy/Cincy

Sun 4pm
@Dal/Phl

I may be wrong but its my understanding that if the AFC has the primetime game on Saturday then the NFC gets the primetime game on Sunday (4:30) and vice versa. I think it has more to do with who wins on WC weekend. If KC wins and they play Denver then I could see that being the 8pm game...divisional rivalry etc. I don't see Carolina playing in primetime at home assuming they win on Sunday. I also don't think Seattle is enough of a draw to play the 8pm game. So I would say the teams with a chance for the bye to likely play Saturday at 8pm would be (in no particular order):

New Orleans
San Fran
New England
Denver

Any other bye eligible teams would play anywhere but the Saturday night slot IMO.

They are 4-0 in the AFCC game when they win a Saturday divisional game and 1-2 in the AFCC game when they win a Sunday divisional game

They are 4-0 in the AFCC game when they win a Saturday divisional game and 1-2 in the AFCC game when they win a Sunday divisional game

Hope we get a Saturday game!!! Lol

I may be wrong but its my understanding that if the AFC has the primetime game on Saturday then the NFC gets the primetime game on Sunday (4:30) and vice versa. I think it has more to do with who wins on WC weekend. If KC wins and they play Denver then I could see that being the 8pm game...divisional rivalry etc. I don't see Carolina playing in primetime at home assuming they win on Sunday. I also don't think Seattle is enough of a draw to play the 8pm game. So I would say the teams with a chance for the bye to likely play Saturday at 8pm would be (in no particular order):

New Orleans
San Fran
New England
Denver

Any other bye eligible teams would play anywhere but the Saturday night slot IMO.

CBS/AFC has the Sat night divisional game this year. AFC has even years, NFC has odd years.

But there is not set rotation with late Sunday game. It really only depends on west coast teams.

The network that gets the divisional 8pm game gets the 3pm conference championship.

Have we ever played an early Sunday game since we've been good?

Jets at Pats in 2006

That game just felt weird for some reason I feel like playoff football needs to be 4 o'clock or later.

i want sat at 4...i will be going to the first home game...so that would be the best time IMO

As to Supa's note that you'll likely play back to back Saturdays or Sundays from wildcard to divisional rounds, are we under the impression that the Pats are going to lose to the Bills and not get the bye? :bricks:

Go Raiders!

I don't know if the word "likely" is appropriate, but it's definitely possible. Therefore, we obviously hope to win on Sunday vs BUF then play the following Saturday in the divisional round. That would give us an extra day to prepare for the AFCCG of course.

I just have a habit of taking it one game at a time, and not overlooking any opponent. Buffalo can play us tough. They have the #2nd ranked rushing attack in the league, and their defense can pose us problems if we let them. We will also be missing McCourty, and possibly Dennard/Solder, so I don't take anything for granted :)

I was assuming this was the divisional round we're talking about.

I'm sure that's what most assumed, PJ. I was just giving both scenarios, that's all.

Now that we know the Pats will be hosting a playoff game, what is your preferred time slot for the Pats to play?

Saturday 4:30 PM
Saturday 8:30 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM
Sunday 4:30 PM

Saturday 8:30 pm because nantz and simms won't cover the game.

Sat 4:30.

I like watching afternoon over night games.

And whoever wins the Saturday games has a bit of an advantage over the Sunday winners -- an extra day of rest heading into the conference championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back