PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fatso TomASSe

Status
Not open for further replies.
this board's hatred toward's tomase is ridiculous. he did anything a journalist should do, report what is told to him. you should all just move on.

"Journalists" need to maintain standards. These include verifying stories etc.

Apparently, journalistic ethics are totally forewign to the Herald and Tomase. The fat slob has a career in the papers by the checkout counters.

Has he been on New England Sports Tonight since his Walsh article? I do not remember seeing him since.

Has he been on New England Sports Tonight since his Walsh article? I do not remember seeing him since.

Just a couple of nights ago in fact. He talked Sox, Bruins and Celtics. No draft, no football that I remember.

And Gresh was on as well. Gresh, Felger and Tomase.
It was a car wreck. I had to watch...but I had to shower after...nasty nasty.

:mad:

"Journalists" need to maintain standards. These include verifying stories etc.
I think that is the point..it used to be that TWO sources were needed tolegitimately put out a story and check it...now it seems that is less the norm and we have turkeys like Tomasse doing things like he did. If the Herald was anything close to a reputable paper, for ONE. they would NEVER had run the story in the first place. And TWO, when it's obvious there were never two sources involved, his behind would have been gone, out the door. As far as I am concerned, the dirt bag deserves all and more. Frankly, I would never believe anything he writes..and there is NO REASON anyone should. It's so odd that MANY other writers had the same info that Tomasse had even the Patriot hater Esterbrook and FAILED to write it because he would not do it without another source.
The Herald and Tomasse are so much lower than even that.

Last edited:
this board's hatred toward's tomase is ridiculous. he did anything a journalist should do, report what is told to him. you should all just move on.

Shouldn't a journalist get confirmation from multiple sources before printing a scandalous accusation?

Last edited:

Except that no other journalist reported it because it wasn't confirmable. That's the problem. Easterbrook, for example, knew about this months before but never wrote it because the facts couldn't be confirmed. Its bad journalism plain and simple. You don't just publish rumor and pretend its good journalism.

It was a car wreck.

3 bigtime wannabees who areen't and never will be.

Just a couple of nights ago in fact. He talked Sox, Bruins and Celtics. No draft, no football that I remember.

It was a car wreck. I had to watch...but I had to shower after...nasty nasty.

luckily i missed it

Tomase's reckless reporting not only had an influence in the Giants victory, but also holds his employer vulnerable to a costly lawsuit. Other than that, I sure even his own relatives (outside of you) don't support him.

I am sure Walsh is his friend now. Maybe the fat slob can cover golf in Hawaii in his next career move.

do you have a link to his blog?

by "his", i mean the morbidly obese virgin who's addicted to Moose Tracks Ice Cream.

come on, why are we doing stuff that supports this idiot? he doesn't care WHY someone hits his site, only the number of clicks he gets. by going there, we help him make $$$$. Cheesh! Boycott the Bum!!!

Last edited:
I haven't visited TomASSe's column or the Herald since the SB loss. It is a decision I made after his attempt to trade in the Patriot's focus for a bump in his nasty little career.

The ONLY place I read anything about this douchebag is on this site. I could do without reading it here also. It's like picking at a scab, just let it alone and don't give the turd filled donut eating bastahd any hits or notice.

Its always been pretty easy for me to disregard somebody once I write them off. And TomASSe and the Herald are dead to me. This thread is like a discussion on where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Let them die a slow, lonely death. Let them go.

Sooooooooo, you don't think his timing was slightly suspect??

And Patriot Nation hatred toward's TomASSe is not limited to this board, the PFW guys did a pretty good job of breaking down the relationship between Tomasse and the Patriots organization last week (or the week before, can't remember). Evidently NO ONE will talk to him and the common thought in Foxboro is that he's going to be pulled from the Patriots and put on the Bruins OR Sox.

And don't forget, the PFW guys are employee's of the Kraft organization. So they know.

According to what I heartd the Sox don't want the fat slob covering them either. I think its time to polish the old resume. Maybe Easterbrook on espn needs an new copy boy, he would certain fit in with those pieces of crap.

I nominate this as the worst post of they year.

But on the Tomasse issue it might be interesting to learn if and when the Herald gets sued (and I'm not expecting that for various reasons - not the least of which is that I don't think the Patriots have any interest in letting lawyers vet the veracity of the Herald/Walsh report) how willing a particpant Tomase was in that story.

No doubt he spoke with his "source" - but its the editor and publisher's call on whether to run an unsubstantiated story at such a critical juncture.

I've even seen situations where reporters as forced to do stories they don't want to do. It's not that uncommon.

So I have to admit I don't know how much responsibility Tomasse bears on that even though his name was the one on the article.

Frankly, I don't care how much of it was his choice. For one thing, I boycott him and the Herald.

Let's say you're a doctor who is about to deliver a baby and the hospital you work for tells you to inform the woman immediately that she has cancer. You look at the evidence for that diagnosis and it isn't bulletproof. You would prefer to wait to look at it more and not alarm her right before her giving birth.

But NO! The hospital insists you tell her and may very well have another doctor tell her if you won't. You tell her and she gets so upset that she has a miscarriage. A while later you find out that there was no cancer.

Sorry, but you were still the dumb-A S S who unnecessarily told her on shaky evidence at the worst possible time.

Tomasse gets no pass from me. He betrayed the Patriots and their fans before the biggest game of all time for them. He is dead to me.

Last edited:
You have a noble but misguided sentiment. This reporter and that paper, for purely selfish reasons, published an article for maximum damaging effect on the team we root for. The substance of the allegations has never been substantiated and was denied by the team's owner and HC as recently as last week. It initiated a wave of scurrilous attacks on the franchise we root for, even prompting the head of the senate judiciary committee to threaten our Qb with legal proceedings the night before and morning of the biggest game in franchise history. It opened a Pandora's Box of smears, invective and humiliation, tarnishing the reputations of hundreds of honest people, reputations that will carry an unjust stain forever.

This episode was an example of tabloid journalism at its worst. And yet a few misguided, noble hearts among us, overflowing with tender compassion, want to excuse the saboteurs who initiated this fiasco, saboteurs who have never apologized for their article, nor substantiated it.

Moreover these same shrinking violets are "shocked" and "disappointed" that fans of the team continue to carry a grudge against the journalistic thugs who perpetrated this crime.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back